Re: Global Trade HQ changes

by VaultKai101

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

The Global Trade HQ is probably the worst part of this game, for all the reason stated by postings prior to mine.  If i had not already invested in this game i would uninstall it. To bad too because the rest of the game is really good

Message 41 of 144 (3,110 Views)

★★ Novice
I was gradually coming to terms with the epic failure that is the global hq. The updates made today have further butchered it, beyond belief. For the first time now, the game crashes. It is literally impossible to purchase anything, and the lag I experience waiting for a sellers trade screen to load is out of hand.

Like many others, I've invested a lot of time into this. The fact that buildings need a lump of stinky cheese or a slice of silverside to upgrade is an absolute farce... Rather than wait a decade for these goods to be produced on site I revert to the global hq to purchase these ridiculous items.

I've got a shedload of other gripes with this game - a game which could otherwise be fantastic. Get a couple of guys on board to read and digest what is being said here in these forums, because the words Electronic Arts are becoming synonymous with failure. Good day.
Message 42 of 144 (3,093 Views)

★ Novice
I didn't think it was possible, but the the global trade hq has gotten shockingly worse. The absolute frustration of finding an item you want to purchase only to have to visit the purchasing city (with no kind of "reserve" on the item you pressed), only to find it gone or the unfunny new message about an accounting error when you go to purchase it 99.9% of the time is an embarrassment to EA and the developers behind it. Stop using "optimistic" algorithms and fix this problem the right way. Get some people who actually understand how to deal with high volume reserve/confirm transactions like is done with event ticketing and you might have a chance.
Message 43 of 144 (3,070 Views)

★ Novice
And, there is a bug that is easy to reproduce. If I leave the game while visiting another city, when I come back and click on the Global Trade HQ, the game crashes. Ugh!
Message 44 of 144 (3,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"We have tweaked the purchasing mechanics slightly"

Not good enough.  The Global Market does not require "tweaking".  It needs to be COMPLETELY THROWN OUT AND REDONE.  We need to be able to shop for the items we need and be able to buy them with a reasonable degree of certainty that when we tap on them to purchase that the purchase will actually succeed. This is *not* a difficult problem to solve.  Just do it.

Message 45 of 144 (2,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So new to this forum. I was having Global Trade issues and took a look and saw I'm not the only one. Does EA normally respond here? I've put a lot of time into the game like all of you. I'm on level 26 and can't expand because I can't find parts. Considered spending actual money in this game but now? No way.
Message 46 of 144 (2,995 Views)

★★ Novice
Also... EVERYBODY should be given the airport for FREE!!! It's the least EA could do as an apology for the shambolic global hq update.
Message 47 of 144 (2,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice
EA developers - you guys are amazing! (I have not always been this supportive - didn't like the 2013 regular SimCity.) I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get this game working across all devices, mobile operating systems, Internet provider networks, home WiFi, and Cellular - WORLD WIDE! I know you guys must be looking for ways to improve the Global Trade market. Suggestions - adjust the selling values of items based on time for production, complexity of components required, and rarity. (Obviously you can't just have free trade pricing - would keep new users priced out of the market.) Also, can't find a way to add "friends" outside of my circle. (Not many of my contacts play games.) Liking the currently release update...great seeing a blimp roaming the skies! If I could find some folks, I could sell directly to them instead of going through the Global Trade...that would alleviate pressure on the demand for purchases done there and the delays when trying to purchase items. Thanks again for making such a fun game.
Message 48 of 144 (2,926 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

mine is same as always...but worst.... Can even buy basic materials now... Almost smash my own phone... GOD DAMMIT! Not to mention searching for hours just to find the item you want isnt there...

At lease add a search filter!

Message 49 of 144 (2,884 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Apparently, the Global HQ actively filters out whatever I "need" and allows me to obtain what I "need" only a few times per day. I usually hear voices saying something like "we're saving it for an emergency".

Global HQ is a shameless attempt to frustrate and thereby encourage players to spend real money to buy their progress through the game.

EA, you can do better. You can make this a real game I would pay to play. I will NOT pay to buy my progress. I want to play the game and decide how to procede, not simply purchase my next move. You might as well just have a button we can push to give you money so YOU can play the game for us.

Message 50 of 144 (2,873 Views)