Gifts for visiting other cities

by 4Keyo20

Original Post

Re: Gifts for visiting other cities

★★ Guide
@roccodonovan8 I still say there's a 24h timer on golden key, simcash and simoleons. Other items you can get more if you just visit enough cities.
Message 11 of 20 (1,004 Views)

★★ Novice

I visit random cities thru HQ and seem to get gifts once in a while. I got a gold key today, but no money. I've been trying 

to get French Bread and Sweaters that I need to upgrade a couple of residences. I'm pretty low lvl (lvl 37), so figure I

only get low lvl stuff.

I don't have any neighbors as I've closed my FB account, so can only visit thru HQ. But when I did have a FB account,

I had several hundred neighbors and they never seemed to have anything for sale.

Message 12 of 20 (847 Views)

★★ Novice

I noticed there is a cycle of about 24-26 gift items.

Included in this but randomly positioned is a gold key, 3 or 4 greenbacks, simoeans, Tokyo item, London item, Paris item, and various normal items.

At the beginning of the cycle the items are close together in terms of random city visits, but as you get through the cycle they become spaced further apart.

I usually keep going until i get the Key and the greenbacks, and then wait for the cycle to reset the next day.

Nice way to get free items, but can also be annoying when you have very little storage space available, and you  keep getting 4 wood, or 3 seed or unwanted things that fill up your store quick etc etc

Message 13 of 20 (824 Views)

★ Expert

Welcome to the forum guys! Excellent insight @RudeBushman  - your evaluation is accurate the majority of the time but I have come across several incidents where I received simcash, expansion items, etc. after the onset of useful items and the “storage fillers” were exhausted. My advice is to continue forward until the very end...sell the filler items in the global market at 1 simoleon each (no need to be greedy they’re free) and someone will purchase them rather quickly.
@RuthieJo  I certainly understand your frustration with Facebook friends as you can’t really control who gets what. I appreciate the dilemma you face looking for hard to find items and my best suggestion is to find an encouraging and supportive mayor’s club. There are several clubs that are committed to assisting folks in developing their cities and are happy to help as best they can. Always ask does anyone have any extra of an item and be openly willing to share what you have if someone asks. Create confidence and trust and you’d be surprised at the kindness shown. 
I wish you both great success and look forward to your future posts. Take care.

Message 14 of 20 (808 Views)

★ Apprentice

@RuthieJo If you are looking for a good club to join try RiseUp. We are a couple of long time players who try to help newer players build up and grow. We believe in teamwork, sharing resources and having fun. 

Message 15 of 20 (780 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the invite kittikat273, but I own my own club. It's just nobody wants to go

to war, because none of us knows anything about wars.

Message 16 of 20 (756 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, often the useful items arrive at the end of the cycle. It is random, but once you have them, then you need to wait till the cycle resets to get them again, they dont repeat in the same cycle

Message 17 of 20 (742 Views)

★ Expert

@RudeBushman I think you may be missing what I’m sharing...I actually have seen (with the latest this morning) where the cycle started with a couple of filler items followed by multiple useful items (including simcash) moving back to filler items and returning with 6 useful items before ending with 3 filler items. My point is to ride it to the end even if it means having to dump the filler items for cheap in the market...you never know how the cycle will run and what items you may be leaving on the table. At least that is what I’m seeing.

Message 18 of 20 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PinnacleValleyI have never seen one get simoleons, sim cash or golden keys more than once every 24h. Other items can be found randomly.

I have just found out game has some differences at other xp levels, so I'm not trying to denie anyone's  experiences. I'm at lvl 99

But as said in my game things mentioned earlier comes every 24h others have variety.i know this for 100,%  certainty as I have done few golden keys com tasks, even it's one of the tasks I try to avoid like plaque 

Message 19 of 20 (699 Views)

★ Expert

@Penakyna I agree, I normally only see those items once per cycle although I have received simcash twice in a cycle on at least 3 occasions. I also include expansion items as well as London, Paris, & Tokyo items and expensive items to produce in the useful items category. I’ve been observing this pattern for years now and have come to the conclusion that it’s stabilizes for 3 to 6 months and then begins to randomly change parameters for the next 90 days and then becomes stable again for 3 to 6 months and reverts back to changing parameters. That is the reason I suggested following it to the very end...not taking exception to what @RudeBushman shared because they are correct based on the point of cycle. Take care.

Message 20 of 20 (686 Views)