For the love of Dog, please fix wars!

by JediMayor

Original Post

For the love of Dog, please fix wars!

★★ Novice

90% of the top clubs stay small (12 members or less), they only use two attacks (Magnetism & Movie Monster) and if they can get the lead (easy to do if your the smaller club) they stay under bubble for the last 24+ hours of war.

War is broken.

Message 1 of 9 (1,404 Views)

Betreff: For the love of Dog, please fix wars!

★★★★ Guide

And the other 10% has 20 or more members, they have found a strategy to play successful against these smaller teams. They use Magnetism & Movie Monster attacks too, and a strategy to prevent the smaller clubs from getting the lead. It is easy because they have much more overall attack power at the beginning and during the war but only if they are 100% engaged from begin on. And of the clubs that are actually committed enough, there are still some (even in vulcan arena) who make hair-raising tactical mistakes.

Message 2 of 9 (1,353 Views)

★★ Guide

@Superpraesi 

Putting the outcome of wars aside, this form of “strategy” makes for super boring wars. We had purposely let opponents get the lead, hoping that they will come out to fight, but they opted to stay shielded even when they had a strong lead. Why do I have to compromise my CoM and the chances to get chests just because the opponent is too scared to come out? One of my teammate, who gets 16k~24k every war if opponents don’t hide, ended up getting only 3k because of bubble lovers! What is this?

This is not about winning anymore, it’s about lame teams weaseling around the system to win when they have no real substance to maintain the win without bubbles.

And at Volcano arena, it is very difficult for big teams to maintain the lead they had gotten at the start of war. Their opponents can hide for hours, then one sneaks out like a rat to try to get the lead (it’s easy to do so when energy charging time at volcano is short). With only one opponent out of shield, big teams will find it difficult to regain the lead unless they have someone with lvl 10 magnet.

By the way, my own team is a small one, in case you assume mine is a huge team and I’m complaining about it because mine lost to a small team.

Message 3 of 9 (1,238 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 4 of 9 (1,232 Views)

★★ Guide

@roccodonovan8 

Yeah, my mistake in assuming it that way. That assumption is based on my past experiences with other teams who will continue to attack even when they have the lead.

But I do wonder why I’m no longer seeing teams that do not need shields to win like I did in the past. Because obviously, hiding in shields work better? Most probably.

And getting lead doesn’t mean the opponent will come out often as I had mentioned before. Some will still hide in hopes of getting a lead through sneak attacks. It’s painful.

I had mentioned in another post that I don’t really blame the teams for doing that. Hey, it’s the easy way out, who can resist that? EA is the one at fault here for allowing this kind of nonsense.

With these kind of boring wars, the motivation to upgrade/unlock disasters dwindled to all-time-low. Really, what’s the point?

Message 5 of 9 (1,227 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 6 of 9 (1,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You made a good point there. Fighting in Volcano arena had so far been a nightmare for us. It was all good when we were at Tundra. Still bearable at Savannah.

Actually, we wanted to stay at Tundra since it was easier to get chests. But somehow it is easier for us to move forward than backward (we did not agree on losing all the way so as to slide down the charts). So we kind of got into Volcano unintentionally, thus having a mismatch in expectations with our opponents who wanted to stay in this arena.

Message 7 of 9 (1,212 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am at A5 team with 19 members. I fought with 4 small teams (<12 members) consecutively. And our team just won the last one.

At one of the above war, although I have magnetism@12level with war rank 37, I still cannot let my team to win the game as they keep freezing me from the start to the end of war which i can only score 3k at the end in a game. (normally i can score 66k to 88k in A5).

The characteristic for that small team are similar, almost all have magnetism@level7 to 8, vampire 1 and booster 3 at the same time, grade 3 umbrella. every time more or less like this. Once they got the lead at the start, they will not come out. even they didn't take the lead, they will have sneak attack randomly with umbrella protection to overcome the gap and take lead. it is even a nightmare for a big team to have a lead as we need to patrol all the time non-stop; otherwise we will lose to sneak attack. So, what's the point to have big club?
Message 8 of 9 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What EA needs to do is to modify the game so that a club is awarded x points if the opposing club is all under umbrellas at the end of the war.   Maybe x = 10,000 points.  Or maybe it's the total amount of war points the opposing club has earned, thus ensuring they would not win the war (assuming that the 'brave' club has earned some points).

Message 9 of 9 (952 Views)