Re: Fast money

by __OIIIlO__

Original Post

Fast money

★ Apprentice
i did this yesterday and got a ton of money.

First upgrade your factories while you have the population to do it. Then tear down all your residential buildings and start over. Upgrades are cheap and easy to begin with (wood, metal, nails, and sometimes plastic). When it gets to a point where you need better materials, just tear it all down and start over. In a few hours, I made enough money for the hospital, the biggest police station and dept of Ed.
Message 1 of 20 (54,894 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You also get XP when you upgrade buildings. Did you find yourself levelling up quicker as a result of the constant building/demolishing of residences? 

I'm trying to work out the cost-benefit of earning quick money versus levelling up and unlocking extra requirements that those levels bring with them since my next level up (level 16) will unlock healthcare requirements.

Message 2 of 20 (54,571 Views)

★ Apprentice
That's where I was at when I started. Didn't take me very long to get the hospital and that's really the only required one left that doesn't take keys. I think it's worth it. Now I'm 23 and have money saved up for other things.
Message 3 of 20 (54,530 Views)

★ Apprentice
Oh... And if you don't have enough money for the hospital when level up, you'll only get one or two upgrades before they start complaining. Just get rid of those houses.
Message 4 of 20 (54,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So let me get this straight...the materials required to upgrade buildings are based on population size and not on the actual materials at your disposal?

Message 5 of 20 (54,216 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yea, something like that.
Message 6 of 20 (54,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeap. you mean destroy the build but when i add new one is come with plant and better material to build with

Message 7 of 20 (53,627 Views)

★★ Novice
Residential upgrades depend on your level and the materials you have unlocked.
Message 8 of 20 (53,463 Views)

★★★ Novice

@d3llun wrote:
Residential upgrades depend on your level and the materials you have unlocked.

Not really, Dellun. I was lvl 26, with over 150k pop, when I buldoze all my residencial buildings. Upgrades went to the inicial requirements (nails, steel.....)

Therefore, I'd say it is based on how many residencial plots you have built.

Message 9 of 20 (53,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The trick works at first and fails at last because upgrade requirements depends on your level and factory items unlocked.

It will come at a time that a basic house requires a lot of finished/ processed items while giving you little population. I do not mention about loss from tax due to low population.

Message 10 of 20 (52,936 Views)