Re: Facing a war team in Arena 4 that has very little experience

by BlazinsZ

Original Post

★ Expert

You’re right J6NiceL, they constantly complain and whine...i just have a real difficult time understanding what makes someone think hiding is fun or even a well thought out or legitimate strategy. I have to concede they have effected how the top level teams have to play the game...some of the folks have chosen to participate in multiple wars at the same time to get what they need to compete in a legitimate war with their primary club. I absolutely despise the “strategy” and the individual who came up with the bight idea should have to participate in 72 hours straight of bubble wars...

Helmsiki101, I’ve read your last 8 posts and glad to see some new blood and a little different perspective on the game. I think to put in proper context folks are not necessarily bored with the city building side, or the Mayor’s clubs or maybe even CoM...but rather watching paint dry and grass grow caused by the run and hide crowd and EA’s consistent lack of interest and failure to address their customers concerns. People are angry and frustrated and have completely left the game due to this lack of respect they’ve been shown...and taken their expendable resources with them...very wise long term business plan...isn’t it?

Message 11 of 30 (1,591 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@PinnacleValley wrote:

Helmsiki101, I’ve read your last 8 posts and glad to see some new blood and a little different perspective on the game. I think to put in proper context folks are not necessarily bored with the city building side, or the Mayor’s clubs or maybe even CoM...but rather watching paint dry and grass grow caused by the run and hide crowd and EA’s consistent lack of interest and failure to address their customers concerns. People are angry and frustrated and have completely left the game due to this lack of respect they’ve been shown...and taken their expendable resources with them...very wise long term business plan...isn’t it?

Thanks, I've been around a little while but not often actually posting. 
I get what you mean, although I've been playing way before war was implemented it seems like most people only focusing at war only. But I agree, it can be seriously boring at times and crazy expensive and wars are then a nice way of keeping yourself busy. But when even that is boring....EA  reminds me of an other developer I used to game at, they also didn't really listen to their players. It is a sad thing though. I keep playing on for free because it's pointless spending money. I don't even bother most of the time to reach top in CoM.. But in the end, I am satisfied with my city, it looks really nice without spending a $ on it. 

Message 12 of 30 (1,585 Views)

★ Pro

@J6niceL wrote:
Yeah, it’s normal. Arena 4 is not what it used to be. These days, many key members create their own clubs consisting of only 3 to 5 active members, with feeder clubs filling up the rest of the spots. And thanks to EA’s unique system that defies logic, they are winning all the way lol

Nowadays, 70% of the teams I fight are 10~11 men team with only 3~5 active members, and they are winning my team consisting of 13 real people who have comparable disasters to their best.

I understand how annoying it is for the game the strategy of the bubbles, with what I have problems, it is really those clubs that last the two days in bubble without doing anything else, that bores me. BUT, in this case, I agree with Superpraesi , you are giving us a difficult scenario to believe, at least for me, you said you fought a team with 10-11 players, and your team is 13 people, that's just a difference of 2 players! 11 team vs 13 team. Also, only 3-5 players are active in that group of 10, also, you said  they have the same/worse level in their disasters as you team, so, no guys with high levels disasters, but you still lost, I do not want to be offensive at all, take it with respect, but I think something is doing wrong in your team, I do not know what it is, because I have not been there, I did not witness the war, I can only assume.

I can assume you were unprepared, no money, no items, so you lost time doing deliveries while the enemy attack you a lot, also you probably lost another wars so you don't have enough boosters (even when you are more, i mean, more members = more boosters, this is something hard to beat when you face a big group, looks like they have an endless source of freezes, vampires, duds, jps, pumps...) . 

I mean... an excuse about boosters is not allowed when you are the big group, they use dud at the beginning? why you not? they dud the jps? why you not? they pump? you are more! you can vampire all of them. When you face a group with 20 players, and you are 10, man... they have a LOT of jps and duds, you never gonna stop all of those, so you need to be careful, those teams are hard, everytime when i decide to vampire one of them (i break the ice LOL, no hard feelings  untill you start launching this) in those big groups , a rain of vampires falls in our team hahaha. 

If the enemy go out with umbrella, they also need: Lvl 3 Pump, and Lvl 1 Vampire (to use in the same city), if they let you use Lvl 3 Vamp, they're done, they ruined it their lead, i mean, 1 umbrella with 30 minutes is good, but if you Vamp they, is another free city to hit, they can't attack too much... so, you need to go out with pump 3 and one 1 Vamp, so, notices this is a lot of activations and war cash,  they will be exhausted very soon, also if you tell us they are only 5 active players... oh my god, i just freeze all of them with my team and done, easy peasy, but notices, if we have lost several wars in a row, and we don't have war cash, we can't freeze, so we deserve that lost, in just that, need to be a little less in our rank and then win again some wars to be prepared again for a tough one.

we have fought with small groups but I tell you, they were a machine, the war starts and 2 seconds later in was bubble with jackpot LOL, my city was loading the war map in that momento hahaha, they all use umbrella, freeze, pump, vampire, go out and hit fast... We lost, but I have to accept, they were better than us, LOL but, i liked this enemy, cuz they fought the whole war, even when we bubble all of them, they just continue playing, but... they're were hard ... being so active tiring me, I prefer wars a little less excessive, I know that those clubs first in league are beast, that's a battle, they have even their phone numbers and discords chats, but it's also a lot of stress, there comes a time when you know you get close to that kind of league, and it is better to go back than to stress so much with a game.

What do I not like about bubble wars? 

When those are done the first 4 hours. i saw the 2 cases, we were the team with the lead, and the enemy just stay in bubble all the time, even having a good team, they know they can't reach the lead, so stop playing, so we have to wait the whole war with that, annoying... not good chests claimed, not fun.

The second case is when we loose, and the enemy just don't go out anymore, they know they won, but they stop playing, another boring one. 

But this is not always the same, we found a good groups, also in my team, we keep firing, if we can't.

That's another thing you have to look, sometimes a hit 9000 points, and i  don't have more money.... and i don't have enough war items to keep firing, so, why i would go out? but... i'm a selfish cuz this? the enemy could think, oh what a awful team, they don't fight, but LOL i don't have more money if i go out i just going to ruin my team, also, there is another times when i don't have jackpots (cuz my shop sux), so is hard for me so i almost bubbled all the war waiting some of my friends share a JP with me Standard smile but probably you see me and say, he do that cuz he is a * and he likes bubble wars! , but is not the truth.. 

Message 13 of 30 (1,552 Views)

★ Pro

@J6niceL wrote:

@Superpraesi 

Contrary to what you has assumed, we had

1. Completely dominated our opponents at start of war with minimum 30k lead. So, no, we are not sleeping. And we do overkill.

2. We always attack their strongest members first. But guess what, they always use level three umbrellas to shield their strongest guys. And when their shield is going down during that split second, they will use dud to make it impossible for us to score double with jackpot. Then they continue with their umbrellas.

3. In some cases, they let us destroy them for a good reason: so they can hide till it’s the perfect time to sneak out to get back the lead of 30k or more. They will still use dud at the start to limit what we can gain from their cities.

4. We definitely do not come out of shields for no reason, especially when it is obvious the enemy is going to hide to win. But we do keep fighting till end of war if opponent is not the kind who will hide to win.

So ... any more excuses on why we totally deserve to lose?

And I can tell you using 5 real people + 5 feeders is way “better strategy” than using 10 real players.

For a start, those 5 real players can score more individually each war from the available targets. Good example below:

05BAD794-B324-4181-8813-11F6876F6EB7.jpeg

So this first guy can level up his disasters fast this way since he doesn’t need to let his feeders to score. And the feeders will willingly support him on boosts and stuff! And that’s where the crucial point comes in.

If only he comes out to attack (he has level 8 magnetism and level 5 movie monster) as compared to us who have magnetism ranging from 4~8, obviously he can score more from our cities than we do from his team.

We can’t be telling our teammates, “Hey, your magnetism is lousy! Stand aside and do nothing!” This is plainly wrong. For us, it is about teamwork and have fun together. And we get punished for this?

Oh, well... i guess you... ... ... i mean, you didn't explain well the first post you wrote, there are several things that you changed here, comparing the first comment. The first one, you said is a group of 10, with only 5 active players, but now, you clarify us, that is actually 10 active players, i mean, no matters if one person manage 2 accouts, if someone touch that account, is a active account!, so the other 5 ''feeder'' cities are actually actives cities. Also, I'm impressed, if the enemy you found have 5 players with 5 cities feeder cities, what a work! rightly they won, they are very dedicated players, I can not imagine the stress of managing two cities. So, they actually have the all boosters of the whole club under control, so, the difference is a little comparing to your team 13 cities - 10 cities (all active, ok? all active...) 

The second one, and more important, you said the level of disasters is low, but now you show us a example about a one guy with Magnetism level 8 and BMM level 5, of course you lose man, of course, is hard to compete with a veteran guy in the wrong league! that guy probably quit from a big group in join to that group, tha'ts good, bad also is bad, because he make that group win, so he's making the group rank to a league when his team is not prepared! so that poor group is going to face a monsters enemies LOL with only one pro guy there... 

So, @J6niceL  , those aren't examples for ''bubble annoying strategy'', you just faced a group with a pro guy who doesn't deserve be there, he's enjoying claiming chests there, but he probably is from another big group. 

Sometime ago with faced a guy like that, had mangetsm level 14, we had a big lead, but when he go online, he made  2000 points with only one magnetism, he ended up making 60 000 points in one hour... is just a wrong thing about players, i mean, if you are pro, go to a pro group and league -.- !!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 14 of 30 (1,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@BlazinsZ 

The example shown is just one of my more recent opponents. Their guys at the bottom of the table do absolutely nothing.

The 5-5 example is my opponent from 2 weeks ago. And the 5 feeders do absolutely nothing with low population and low war level.

The most classic one is actually two guys with 8 feeders. Again, the feeders do nothing. And one of them can get 80k all by himself while the second guy, acts as support, gets 4k only. Their feeders have 0 population (no kidding). Don’t believe me, check #CHQCLJ.

We have guys with level 8 magnetism too, but the point is we also have members with level 4 magnetism. So are you suggesting that we tell level 4 guys to stop attacking? I rather lose than do that.

So what if they lose to the big guns? They will come down the league and bug us again.

Okay, so we deserve to lose to “dedicated” players who manage 2 or more pathetic cities. I’m not as dedicated, only managing one city at level 85, 4.5mil population having 125 epic buildings with 1.5mil regional population. That’s fine. I’m just highlighting the issue with the system. Everyone should just exploit the system with shields. Eliminate most players from your team and make it to 10 members with feeders.

And don’t attack at start of war because high chance that there are players around to dud the attacks. Just focus on duding the attacks on your team. Hide, then wait for the time when they are most vulnerable (easy to figure out when they sleep) to go out to attack without them around using duds. Works like wonders for my opponents who use this method to win us.

Edit: Just saw another post of yours. Just curious, had your team ever had a good lead and lose due to hide n attack “strategy”? The rat always has the advantage. With level 3 boost, one can get 3 energy within 5 mins. So within 20 mins, the bar is full. And a guy with level 8 magnetism can earn 7080 points in just 20 minutes with jackpot. So he just need to keep trying to sneak out to try his luck until no one is on guard. He just need less than 2 hours to overcome a 30k lead. Frankly speaking, can your team guard against your enemies non-stop for 36 hours? If you can’t, don’t expect us to do so.

Even if someone is online, it may be him alone. Even if he uses lots of freezes, how long can he hold out against a group of rats gathering to support the sole guy sneaking out to try to get the lead? And freeze lasts 15 mins while umbrellas lasts 30 mins. So I got to use more boosts than the rat team just to defend against them.

It’s a futile battle. After many experiences, I’m not going to waste any stuff to defend against rats anymore. If people want to win through this way, so be it. I don’t really care anyway.

Message 15 of 30 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PinnacleValley 

Thanks to them, now strategy becomes the dirty word.

In the world of Simcity, the definition of strategy is

Exploiting all possible loopholes of the system, Hiding in  shields all day long, Playing whack-a-mole.

I’m now seeing another problem due to this shield system: mismatch between teams.

Prior to the rampant use of strategy, based on our strength, we can go up to 200 and drop to 800. Then cheaters come and force us out of top 1000, which is actually fine, since it is fun to fight them and we still fight teams similar to us in strength (they got forced down too by cheaters).

Now, almost every teams employ the use of strategy, with even those at around 1800th place using that! Naturally, we, who resist using strategy, got pushed all the way down to 2300. And turned out we are way too strong for teams there. So ended up we have a round of boring war where opponents don’t even bother to come out more than once to attack. We were bored to death despite winning. And this is at arena 5.

We had been matched up with an old friend who had solidly beaten us before. I was shocked that they were at 1000th plus place given that they used to be in the top 100. And their line-up is still the same. One of their guys has level 11 magnetism and a couple of them has level 9 magnetism. Now I understand why. Theirs is a big team and they don’t hide. Sad that such a solid team was forced down by “strategists”.

Whether we go up or down the chart, it’s the same boring war.

Message 16 of 30 (1,512 Views)

★ Pro

@J6niceL wrote:

@BlazinsZ 

The example shown is just one of my more recent opponents. Their guys at the bottom of the table do absolutely nothing.

The 5-5 example is my opponent from 2 weeks ago. And the 5 feeders do absolutely nothing with low population and low war level.

The most classic one is actually two guys with 8 feeders. Again, the feeders do nothing. And one of them can get 80k all by himself while the second guy, acts as support, gets 4k only. Their feeders have 0 population (no kidding). Don’t believe me, check #CHQCLJ.

In my club we have not experienced that situation yet, I still do not know how you do to know that these cities are '' feeder '' of the others. Also, how the game works with 0 population? that's 0 buildings, how you repair a building a get the items if you don't have buildings? i'm just curious. 

We have guys with level 8 magnetism too, but the point is we also have members with level 4 magnetism. So are you suggesting that we tell level 4 guys to stop attacking? I rather lose than do that.

No, how you ended up thinking this?  the whole team must attack and help to get to victory

I can understand that the stressful strategy of not repairing, staying in the bubble without having done any points yet ( but if you go out you probably screw up), and being trying to do the same with this enemy, cuz if you want to beat a bubble enemy, you need to be a bubble team too.

But, i'm wondering, what's is the solution for you? eradicate the shields? that's worse imo, that's too much stress for me, i like the shields because i can be at the beginning of the war (we try to agree in a hour when we all can be there), then i just hit a lot, if i get bubble i can decide to go out or just close the game, because, i'm not going to be playing the game 48 hrs, that's unhealthy, so i can wait my bubble and then go to sleep, if in the morning i'm busy, i do not go out, if I'm eating lunch either, i wait when i can sit  relax and continue firing in the war. In my team we all are really busy, so if the shield doesn't exists anymore, that will be a disaster for us, the most obsessed enemy who can be there 48 hrs hitting is the one who can win doing a lot of points, that's all, imo no strategy, no fun...

If you say that shield last 8 hrs, that's no resolve any problem, enemy just can agree in do exactly same... twice! lol , attack in that moment, and then bubble again, i mean, the bubble strategy is not going to be affected by going out 8 hrs later, that is like a second round, then i will see people here saying '' bubble jerks still exists they just do the same every 4/6/8/12 hours! '' ... i mean, i think, you are against to the whole war system, i don't know how to help you my friend... 

And the guy alone with 9 feeders cities, that's nasty and boring, no fun for me is another guy do all the work, and if that guy is the only one, all those are alternatives account, dayuun!! that's sick!!

Message 17 of 30 (1,472 Views)

★ Pro

Okay, so we deserve to lose to “dedicated” players who manage 2 or more pathetic cities. I’m not as dedicated, only managing one city at level 85, 4.5mil population having 125 epic buildings with 1.5mil regional population. That’s fine. I’m just highlighting the issue with the system. Everyone should just exploit the system with shields. Eliminate most players from your team and make it to 10 members with feeders.

i said they're very dedicated player, since I'm surprised about so many accounts apart, but I'm not saying that you are not a dedicated player, do not stand in front of a knife that I have not even thrown at you, come on... 

Message 18 of 30 (1,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@BlazinsZ 

I do understand that we need the shields since we can’t be online all the time (but my current slew of opponents demand us to be always online to win the wars lol). But obviously, it needs to be improved on.

The most direct way to solve this is to shorten attack phase. At least, we do not need to look at bubbles for 30 hours or be on guard for 36 hours.

For those 0 population cities, I went to watch the animations of their cities being attacked, there are a few buildings in there. So I guess those buildings were neglected and abandoned to get their 0 population. Their 3493 elo score got to be from them fighting wars.

The level of neglect is obvious indication that they are feeders. From a strategic point of view, I’ll rather get feeders, over inactive members, to fill up the spots since if I want to hide in shields to win, I know for sure my feeders will never go out. I can’t control how individuals do things. My team used to have a couple of inactive members in war. Funny thing is they hardly attack, but they always happily go out of shields. When we are fighting enemies who clearly want to hide to win, we can’t afford to have people going out to be free targets for them. Like you said, to win bubble teams, we got to be bubble team, but I hate it despite winning these kind of teams 3 times. Those are miserable fights. So I doubt all the 10 plus hiding teams I had fought are made up of so many disciplined inactive members. And the names are tell-tale signs too. Eg, BigCity, BigCity2, BigCity3 ...

Message 19 of 30 (1,458 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@J6niceL 

I have checked the club hash you have shared, and by now I can see one city with nearly all disaster maxed to level 15. And it seems there is a lot of come and go in this club. The whole club is a hacker club.

I can say, I have never seen such a club before. It seems, some of us have the experience, that there is a lot of cheating and unserious gameplaying ongoing, while others don't have these experience.

My theory is:

We, as an European team, get preferably matched up for war with another European team to increase the bandwidth and keep the lag time during game play small. We get very rarely matched up with Asian teams. While some regions in the world are currently almost hackers free, other regions are contaminated through and through.

Message 20 of 30 (1,426 Views)