FAQ about the Global Trade HQ

by AmelieEA

Original Post

Re: FAQ about the Global Trade HQ

★ Guide
The moment the plane leaves if you click on the airport it will tell you the cargo for the next plane. I immediately start making those items, so when the plane arrives I already have them. Happy building Standard smile
Message 91 of 138 (2,255 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been looking for Garden Furniture, Planks, Nails, and other stuff for me to buy to upgrade my buildings instead me to make them myself.  Why can the other players make stuff for other players to buy more?

Message 92 of 138 (2,180 Views)

★ Guide
At different levels some things are easier to buy than others, I tend to buy what's readily available and make the stuff that seldom shows up!
Message 93 of 138 (2,156 Views)

★★★ Novice
"If we added a feature that would enable players to search for a specific item type, it would make the high demand items sell incredibly fast. This would then result in the high demanding items completely disappearing from the market, and almost no one would find the type of items that they need."

Complete horsecrap of an excuse that further shows that the developers (along with the imbecile who composed the above quote) does not even have rudimentary middle school level of knowledge in economics

If they simply remove price ceiling, the prices of highly sought after items such as parts will simply will rise until the supply matches the demand. The items will not simply 'disappear'. Even as of now, high demand items are nonexistent in the market since they are instantly bought out by the users with faster devices, with the market being flooded with endless pages of metal, donuts, and shoes. So using this * as an excuse for not adding a search filter is unacceptable.

It is time for EA to be selective regarding the educational backgrounds of their employees, instead of hiring dropouts after dropouts.
Message 94 of 138 (2,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
"Unfortunately, it appears this is intended to create frustration that will lead to "buy now" decisions using premium currency."

Also unfortunately, EA fails to recognize that pissing off their players is rather a terrible business model.

Although abusing their employees like they are famous for may work to their benefit, but abusing their potential paying customers? Might as well kiss your playerbase goodbye.

Ive paid for games such as clash of clans, because those games were enjoyable and was worth spending a lot of time playing. But for this game, many people including me will never spend a dime, SOLELY because of their awful GTHQ makes this game unplayable.
Message 95 of 138 (2,064 Views)

★ Apprentice

all is true what you said willisuh !!

Message 96 of 138 (2,056 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It would be interesting to add a classified ad section where there is a request or contract for product. 

I.E. A mayor posts a request for product at a specific level and another mayor would choose to fulfull the product at the price offered. 

The buying mayor's space in storage would be checked and allocated (held temporarily). Funds would be extracted in escrow temporarily.

A building/selling mayor could fulfill the contract, thus transferring product and receiving funding. 

If a buyer to seller match does not occur within some reasonable expiration time. I.e. time to make said product plus some reasonable addition, the request for product is cancelled returning funds and space. 

I think if the price ceiling in products on Global Trade HQ were removed, there would be a slew of people complaining about it as well.

As far as faster devices, I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 12. It's pretty fast and I still have difficulty acquiring items posted. 
First there is the balance and spread of products at specific levels making it hard.
Then there is the constantly SOLD or Llamas accounting message.

I even added to a hardwired Ethernet on the tablet and have difficulty.

Message 97 of 138 (2,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All I have been seeing is Shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes and more shoes. I am at LVL 21, currently with a population of exactly 337,480 and every time I open the Trade center all I see is shoes. Around level 14-17 I would see a lot of Vu items, but it looks like after I passed the mark to be able to expand the Airport the trade items shifted dramatically. I doubt there is a high demand for Shoes since everyone and their brother obviously does not want them. I could try to move some of the Specializations around to reduce the population size, but I doubt that will fix the trade....

Message 98 of 138 (1,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Each level brings certain items to view and shifts the balance. Try to increase your level.  
While I do see allot of shoes. Earlier in the levels it was Donuts.  Then VU items.  Then shoes.  
I reached level 30, then it was overwhelmed with Electronic components.

I expect when I get higher there will be other items that overwhelm the market view. 

Could be that different levels connect to different market servers or just the filters on them. I know as I reach higher, the lower items are harder and harder to acquire.
It really needs to be balanced better.  it sure does demotivate me to increase levels. I had to set up another Tablet and ID, build another city and keep it at level 10 so I could access the lower level items easier and produce/trade between my main city and 'the annex' city.

Message 99 of 138 (1,925 Views)

★ Guide

I think the items in the Global Trade are more influenced by the random items required for the Cargo Ship and Airport cargo as much as anything else. We over produce shoes (or whatever they tell us is on order) because they don't give us the quantity ahead of time. Then I'm sure most of us then dump them on the GTHQ. If their algorithm of what is needed as a cargo order goes out to 10,000 cities in the same day, it will be flooded.  Just a speculation.

I have noticed rhythms in what is needed to build residential zones as well. One day it will be Orange Slices in cargo, buildings and Air Port and then bags of flower, this would cause over producing as well - or demand for - then over producing. 

It's all supply and demand.

Message 100 of 138 (1,900 Views)