FAQ - Club Wars

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: FAQ - Club Wars

★ Novice

Oh ok i get it now, so clearly theres no button to press or anything to actually cancel a war and never start it again. So if we found an opponent i can either battle with them or find another opponent but it doesnt mean we cant take part in a war anymore (like we need to initiate a war just to start again) 

So technically we dont need to cancel it but instead wait for atleast 1 day to take part in a war again. 

If i was wrong pls let me know. But Anyways i think your article was really helpful, thanks alot Wink 

Message 51 of 76 (2,516 Views)

★ Guide

@TrashyPlayer123 wrote:

Oh ok i get it now, so clearly theres no button to press or anything to actually cancel a war and never start it again. So if we found an opponent i can either battle with them or find another opponent but it doesnt mean we cant take part in a war anymore (like we need to initiate a war just to start again) 

So technically we dont need to cancel it but instead wait for atleast 1 day to take part in a war again. 

If i was wrong pls let me know. But Anyways i think your article was really helpful, thanks alot Wink 

No sorry, this information is incorrect. If you found an opponent, you can't cancel the war any more. If this would be possible, everybody would just cancel the war every time, when the opponent is stronger, and search for a weaker opponent, which wouldn't be fair.

So: as long it's written "searching..." (in the left corner) you can press the red CANCEL button. As soon as you see who is your opponent (you get a new screen and have to press green button "Wonderful") you can't cancel anything and have to battle with them. 

Usually, if your ELO is not high, searching takes about 1 second, so basically you can't cancel anything. As soon as you are a top club, it can take awhile (our longest time was 3 hours), because the system is searching for an opponent, which is equal to your ranking. 

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, just ask 😊

best 

gm 

Message 52 of 76 (2,507 Views)

★ Novice

Oh ok, so there is a cancel button but you can only see it when theres still no opponent. Ok after our battle ill try and see if i can actually cancel it. 

Thanks btw, really helpful 😊😊

Message 53 of 76 (2,503 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes, you are correct.
Message 54 of 76 (2,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You need 10 members to participate in war
Message 55 of 76 (2,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

OR you may just be doing nothing in a war because the opposing team is staying bubbled with a 20 point lead so they can win by doing nothing for the last 30+ hours of the war. So fun!

Message 56 of 76 (2,423 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

One little suggestion : due to various  timezones, it happens, when the war starts for example, club A can get way ahead of club B pretty fast. Depending on card points, when club B strikes back and shields up all cities of club A, it might still stays behind club A scores.

To win the war, club A just has to keep all its cities under shield to win the war. Needless to point how frustrating this situation is for club B. This can't be called a fair and square win!

To keep the fun going, the suggestion is to have an auto repair feature for shielded cities. Every 5 or 10 mins, if not repaired by the user to get the war supplies, a building is auto repaired, not providing the war supply attached to it. Therefore, in max 1 or 2 hours, the city is in the clear again and can be striked.

This would compel users to repair their cities  to get the war supplies and this would keep the tension up till the end of the war.

What do you think about it ?

Cheers,

Kuarkdesign 

Message 57 of 76 (2,379 Views)

★ Expert

While I’m in total agreement with you that this strategy is absolutely draining the joy out of the game, I can’t necessarily support your suggestion (although it’s a whole lot better than watching paint dry)...unfortunately many players have to stimulate the world economy by going to work or school, most need sleep, all need time for personal hygiene (some don’t realize it, but we do) Standard smile...

My friend Modern Thinker would tell you not to let them get ahead and bubble up and he’s absolutely right...it is your responsibility and it takes discipline and coordination to accomplish which is not everyone’s strong suit. Schedule your war games to make sure it starts when your club is available and stay the course and when your opponent bubbles your entire club and you’re ahead...man up and come out and participate in what you signed up for...

I offered a tiered plan in the thread “War Clubs just sitting in the bubble” (or something like that) in the General Support section of the forum. It basically suggests a mayor has 12 hours to unbubble the 1st time, if not it will be auto unbubbled and no war items given; 2nd time (if it was previously unbubbled) 8 hours and then it’s unbubbled, 3rd time 4 hours...after that they do not have the luxury of the bubble and can be attacked at will (the city will not have more buildings to be repaired and can not launch an attack until repaired). Mayor’s that have not launched an attack will not be unbubbled (sometimes folks elect not to participate for a variety of reasons and a club should only absorb one series of attacks).

Mayors that have repaired their cities timely will maintain the 12 hour repair bubble until day 2 when the bubble time changes to 8 hours, at the 2 hour mark the bubble becomes 15 minutes...for anyone that has been auto unbubbled anytime during the war game has no bubble protection the final 2 hours of war...this should stimulate some participation and put this “strategy” to rest once and for all. 

If you get a chance please check out my post, I have acknowledged the contribution and wisdom of several great mayors that helped me understand...I was a proponent for the 18 hour rule...but I was gullible enough to think people actually wanted to play. I saw enough of this cowardice chasing the 4 corner offense playing basketball...unfortunately you can’t commit hard fouls here...thank goodness for the implementation of the shot clock. Take care and good luck avoiding turtles....

Message 58 of 76 (2,367 Views)

★ Novice

Agreed the 5-10 minutes rule might be too "hardcore". But also something should be done like the shot clock in basketball.

What the good rule is, I don't know, but something should be done about it 😉

Message 59 of 76 (2,359 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I tried to find more information on war chest but unfortunately there is very little accurate information on the internet. Can you please share more on how much war points we need before we can get the first gold chest for examples?

I noticed that we need to get more to get to the first gold chest as we go up the ranks. If I had known this, I would try much harder to try to get more legendary cards in the lower rank arenas.

Obviously, EA probably wanted people to not notice this, so we will have to buy the legendary cards if we miss them on the lower rank arenas. Or take the hard choice of losing wars on purpose, together with other mayors, just to get those.

Anyway, can you please share where I can find those information because as much as i tried i just could not found any thread discussing this yet as of now, at least not as clear as I wished it would.

Message 60 of 76 (2,621 Views)