FAQ - Club Wars

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: FAQ - Club Wars

★ Apprentice

Hi,

We enjoy the club wars. Our question is this:

We understand how to initiate war.

However, do WE determine when the war starts? Or, does EA have all wars start at the same time and we decide to join in? Meaning, wars start at 6am EST and if we choose to play, whatever time we join, we have less time to prepare? Just like the mayor contests, those times are determined. Is this the same for club wars?

Thank you very much. We need to get this detail clarified for our mayors.

And, we love the hysterical disasters. 

Message 11 of 76 (3,806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Our Club would also like to know what the Points with gold star are? and how are they added/subtracted during war?

"What do the points at the very top of the war report, (tap the satellite dish icon), within the war map mean?  The points I'm referring to have a gold star in front of them. 

Then there is the club name and total war points underneath.  Then the individual points underneath those.  So again, what are the points at the top?"

Also some members report they can click on the Gray/Gold cup in the war area and see some ranking information.

For most of us this is Gray and not clickable. We are using V1.19.51 and logged in with FB or Google but still unable to click it.

Is this a bug? Do we need to do something else? 

Thanks

Mick

Message 12 of 76 (3,793 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone, 

I've added some more information to the FAQ about Club Wars Score, as some of you were asking about it Wink

@booey4864, preparation and attack phases have a duration of 12h and 36h, respectively. So you determine it, depending on when the leaders of your Club start the war.

@ModernThinker, only reason I didn't include the text is because here in the forums there's already threads where players are looking for a Club, and Clubs looking for members. For example, this one.

Good luck in the battle!

-Mai

Message 13 of 76 (3,747 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you very much! I will share with the mayors.

Message 14 of 76 (3,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@MickBlue9989 wrote:

Also some members report they can click on the Gray/Gold cup in the war area and see some ranking information.

For most of us this is Gray and not clickable. We are using V1.19.51 and logged in with FB or Google but still unable to click it.

Is this a bug? Do we need to do something else?

We also have a member that can click the cup. What is it and why can some access it and others can not?

Message 15 of 76 (3,717 Views)

★ Apprentice

Following this question, as we have the same issue in our group.

Message 16 of 76 (3,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It seems I now have access to the Gold cup. Have not done anything, just logged in and its working for me now. 

Just another thing, the FAQ says

Every Club has a Club Wars Score. This score increases at the end of a war if your Club achieves the victory, and decreases otherwise

I saw this number change during the war event. We lost a point then got it back after bubbling some opponents.

It also says

Club Wars Score is one of the elements the game considers when finding an opponent for your Club - during matchmaking, your Club will get paired to battle another Club with a similar Club Wars Score.

Our War score was 1679 and we got put against a club with a score of 1588. The other club was inactive apart from 3 players. It was impossible for everyone in our club to attack as we bubbled them all in a few hours. Looking at the Top 100 Clubs we had lots of clubs with a score close to ours.

Is the Elo system worked out per player or averaged over all players in the club?

What is it taking in to account? Energy used? Damage caused? Type of card used? Level of card?

Thanks

Message 17 of 76 (3,684 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, Andy,

Our club has the same questions. This "pairing" has happened a few times with many inactive players on the opposing team. It is not fair to the players in other time zones who cannot attack when some of us have already bubbled the city and they have not repaired.

Looking forward to this answer.

Message 18 of 76 (3,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, we are in the same situation, our president is out of game but we have VP, anyway we decided to start a new club.
My doubt is: we will have to start from zero in Club Wars? I mean, I will loose my cards?

Message 19 of 76 (3,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi MMADMarie 

You will not lose your cards, but starting a new club will put you back Club Score wise. 

Not sure what a new club score will start at. If you do decide to start a new club pls come back a let me know what your start score is.

Thanks

Andy

Message 20 of 76 (3,517 Views)