Re: Epic [Project] Fail

by cumpakabag

Original Post

Epic [Project] Fail

★★★ Newbie

I have attempted to complete the epic project- education specialization at least three times and cannot come close to reaching even the turtle tier. My last attempt I completed 21 tasks- all of which granted me sad 1 token each. The tasks are not easy and I’ve ended up using speed up tokens to make the items I can and purchasing the rest ($$$$). I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here but this seems impossible- especially considering  that each time I fail I have to start from ground zero. Has anyone experienced this? How do I get rid of the epic project option or change to an easier specialization (if any exist)? Seriously, this should be called the black hole project

Message 1 of 6 (1,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SheSheCooL37You can change the specialization as long as you have some other specialization buildings in the area.

Epics came after I had built my city so I only do the 4 points giving tasks. I think one of the cheapest ways would be to buy helicopter pads as I remember those give 3 points and aren't that expensive.

If you have buildings giving max points put all that aren't giving the max to storage while you do the epic so you only get those max point task.

English isn't my main language so I hope you get the point. Hope it helps. I'm feeling sorry for you..

Turtles used to be 10 points but then EA figured it's too easy for players like me, now it's too hard for new players.. please don't use real money to this or they'll just keep making things worse.

Message 2 of 6 (1,787 Views)

★ Expert

@SheSheCooL37  Epic projects can be quite challenging and @Penakyna has shared some excellent advice. Epic projects are time consuming and challenging and requires a lot of preparation and resource gathering (including simoleons) to effectively accomplish the task. I encourage my guys to acquire and place high point items for landmarks, entertainment, beach, etc. and put those in place before undertaking any project - select the category you have the best chance for success (although it will cost you to change type) and commit the time and energy to complete the task.

1 point items always require more resources and expense than a 2, 3, or 4 and are absolutely to be avoided if at all possible - no wonder it seems like a black hole. My suggestion is to select one category and focus upgrading with higher point items and start accumulating resources and try again when you’re prepared. It really boils down to patience and developing your city effectively to face the challenge. Good luck in your next effort.

Message 3 of 6 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Penakyna This is very helpful. Thanks!
Message 4 of 6 (1,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PinnacleValley I appreciate the reply. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6 (1,736 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You can change the parameters for some simoleons as was suggested. My best area for this is beach so I will move  a potential building  close to beach area, then change it till I get beach specialization.   I also only go as high as the llamas, It's hard to get enough cheetah buildings to make a go of it. I just get extra cheetahs in the special events as they come along pretty steady.  This game, like life, works best at a slow and steady pace rather than trying to get everything in a big rush, Unless you are one of those people who know how to "cheat" and where is the fun in that?  Good luck, Mayor of Samarkand.

Message 6 of 6 (1,627 Views)