Epic Project FAQ

by TroyParry74

Original Post

Re: Epic Project FAQ

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Gambling Epic Projects:

There's at least 3 different Gambling designs (i'll update if I find more).

The design you get is random, and the name assigned to the building is also random. It could be one of the following:

Epic Club Tower

Tower of Poker

Tower of Big Stakes

(probably a lot more)

I'm not sure if bronze/silver/gold affect the colour scheme, but there are different colour schemes (check Daniel's city). Mine are both gold Epic Projects.

Daniel's city displays a 3rd design.

Message 11 of 66 (15,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Landmarks Epic Projects:

There's at least 3 different Landmarks designs (i'll update if I find more).

The design you get is random, and the name assigned to the building is also random. It could be one of the following:

Tower of Tradition

Tower of Tourism

Tower of the Universe

Tower of Heritage

(probably many more)

As you can see, you may also get a varied colour scheme too.

I'm not sure if bronze/silver/gold affect the colour scheme, however I do have a gold/silver with the same colour scheme (3rd building), and the 2nd building is also silver. My 4 (in the pic) are gold/gold/gold/gold Epic Projects.

Message 12 of 66 (15,559 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

(reserved in case a new specialization is added)

Message 13 of 66 (15,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

According to Epic Project FAQ there are 25 Epic building designs,

I have 24 different designs (images attached)

Mountain - 3 designs

Gambling - 3 designs

Beach - 3 designs

Entertainment - 3 designs

Education - 4 designs

Landmark - 4 designs

Transportation - 4 designs

Each design have 3 color variations

You can actually see the different designs before you start doing the epic project.

Anyone know what the 25th design look like?

It must come from one of these specializations (mountain,gambling,beach,entertainment)

Or maybe simcity made an error,and there actually only 24 designs, i already have 24 designs with 3 color variations each, not once i encountered the 25th design.

Message 14 of 66 (15,487 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow nice!

Did you ever notice if bronze/silver/gold affected any of the designs or colour schemes?

I'm in the process of trying to get the remaining designs now. I'm purposely trying to get some silver projects, so it will take me a while since I have to wait for the 24hr timer to expire, then another 12hrs before I can start again.

Message 15 of 66 (15,466 Views)

★ Guide

First off, thank you for taking the time to compile all this info

Regarding bronze tokens, mine has increased from 3 to 1 to four to 1. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and why it happened. Im referring to the daily tokens given on existing buildings. I planned on getting 5 speed ups per day based on my 15 epics and am now receiving 3 3/4 and really dont want to have to do any more turtles

Secondly regarding the challenges available, if I am understanding your statement correctly, I am able to reject the challenge offered and by paying a fee, change it to something else, just like when upgrading a building. Yesterday, I was offered transportation and rejected it until I found the one I wanted. There is a refresh button that facilitates this

Message 16 of 66 (15,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As I continue to build epic projects I feel like the building level (bronze, silver, or gold) does not restrict what color the building can be. I have plenty of bronze epic buildings with the same colors and designs that other users have posted but theirs were either gold or silver tier.

So far I have built a bronze tier of every possible building design in gambling, education, and entertainment specializations. Overall, it seems you can achieve every design of a specialization no matter what tier.

One thought I have though is maybe each tier level has different chances of what design will pop up. For example, a silver tier might have a higher chance of creating a certain building design of a specialization than compared to a bronze tier of the same specialization. Or, it's possible that the wealth forecast of a building you choose to turn into an epic project may depict a certain design. I don't mean the wealth forecast the building is currently in. What I mean is whether the residential building you want to make into an epic project was upgraded into a building design of a standard home, premium home, or luxurious home. 

Message 17 of 66 (14,851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My level 57 village has 46 epic projects.

1 bronze

13 silver

32 gold.

I have 9 designs of the same entertainment building. It took me that many attempts just to get the 3rd colour.

I did decide to only attempt silver on several of them in the hopes of getting a black design, however it didn't help. I think it might still be random.

All same design:

Red (gold)

Red (gold)

Red (gold)

Red (silver)

Red (silver)

Blue (gold)

Blue (gold)

Blue (silver)

Black (gold)

It also took me 14 Entertainment projects before I got the 3rd design building (round building with triangle patterns). It happened to be a gold epic project.

Design 1: 9

Design 2: 4

Design 3: 1

I'm not really certain whether choosing bronze/silver/gold specifically gives a higher chance of getting certain designs, however I do almost have every design in gold status.

My level 25 village only has 8 x epic projects, all Silver, all communication. It has all 4 designs (3+3+1+1). My level 57 city is still missing one of them.

FYI, all my residential buildings are classified as Luxurious Homes.

Message 18 of 66 (14,821 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I was working on the entertainment specialization, I received all three designs within my first three tries. 

I am currently on transportation trying to get the last building design I do not yet have, which is the shorter roundish looking building with the 4 corners that curve at the top. I have been at this for almost two weeks now Frown. Created 10 buildings, 4 of them the taller round building with straight pillars in all corners, 2 of them the diamond shaped design when viewed from above, and 4 of them the crazy looking square shaped design. It almost seems that getting each design is harder as you go on, or that the creators of simcity buildit made it harder to achieve certain designs. 

I can't help but start losing interest in this game.

Message 19 of 66 (14,590 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm now getting one cheetah (gold) speed-up token for 14 token parts. 

Message 20 of 66 (14,366 Views)