Re: Epic Project FAQ

by TroyParry74

Original Post

Epic Project FAQ

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

These Epic Project FAQ are user compiled, if there's any mistakes please share your knowledge.

Last updated: April 10th 2016.

Q. How many points are required to achieve each level of epic project?

A. bronze (turtle): 10

silver (llama): 80

gold (cheetah): 160

Q. How many speed-up tokens can you accumulate?

A. You can only have at most 5 bronze (turtle), 5 silver (Llama), 5 gold (Cheetah) at any time. In order to collect more token parts from Epic Project buildings, you must first drop below 5 speed-up tokens of that type (ie spend the speed-up on a commercial building).

Note: You can exceed the 5 limit if you win speed-up tokens (e.g, from League rewards)

Q. How many buildings must you collect from to make a speed-up token? 

A. Initially 3 Turtle (bronze) building tokens = 1 Turtle speed-up token

Initially 6 Llama (silver) building tokens = 1 Llama speed-up token

Initially 9 Cheetah (gold) building tokens = 1 Cheetah speed-up token

EDIT: since February(?) 2016, the number of token pieces required to make a speed-up token increases as you build more projects of that type.

E.g, I have about 45 gold projects, and I require 19 gold token pieces to make 1 gold speed-up token.

The maximum number of pieces required to make 1 speed-up token is capped at 20, depending on how many bronze/silver/gold projects you have (per type, not total)

NOTE: If you haven't collected tokens for a while (1-2 days?), it will initially take 3/6/9 pieces to make 1 speed-up token.

Q. How often can I collect a token from an epic project?

A. New epic token parts become available 24 hours after you last collected a token part from the building, with one exception:  when you complete an epic project, it will immediately give you a new token part, and then will give you another token part when the rest of the buildings (of the same type?) produce their next daily token.

If a building has a token part available but you don't collect it, it will not accumulate token parts.  If your token parts become available at noon on Monday but you don't collect them until 3pm, those buildings will next produce token parts at 3pm on Tuesday.

All buildings of the same type seem to sync when they generate token parts, but different token types do NOT sync with each other automatically.  However, it's possible to manually sync them by simply waiting on one set until the rest become available (I have done this for ease of collection).

Q. Is there a limit to how many epic project buildings you can have?

A. No limit

Q. Which specializations can be used to create an epic project?

A. Education, Transportation, Beach, Entertainment, Mountain, Gambling, Landmarks

Q. How many different epic project designs are there?

A. There were originally 24 unique designs, but that was recently increased to 60 in March 2016. There are 3 different colour schemes for each design. All designs and colour schemes are achievable regardless of whether you reach bronze/silver/gold status.

Project images: see the screenshot below

Q. What are the names of each epic project design?

A. Each specialization has a set of building names. They do not match to a specific design or colour scheme.

Q. After I complete a project, how long must I wait before I can start another project?

A. If you finish a gold project early, the next project will become available after 12 hours from the time you finished.

If you failed to reach gold project after the 24 hour timer expires, the next project will become available 12 hours after the timer has expired and you revealed the Epic Project building.

Q. What sort of buildings can become Epic Projects?

A. Only the regular residential buildings can become Epic Projects (not Parisian/London/Tokyo).

Q. Do Epic Projects have higher population?

A. Yes, Epic Project buildings can hold 31% more population (1836 -> 2411).

Q. I don't like the task that's been assigned to the specialization building, can I request a new task?

A. No, that task will remain there until you complete the task, or delete the building.

Q. I have 12 specialization buildings, how come I only have 8 tasks?

A. Only 8 tasks can be active at any one time. Once you complete a task, a new task bubble will appear above another specialization building.

Q. What determines the specialization project that I can build?

A. After a regular residential building is selected for an Epic Project upgrade, it will be assigned a specialization depending on which specializations are within range of that building. You can move that building within range of any other specialization and refresh the plans to change to a different design. If no other specializations are within range, you'll get the error message which is displayed in the image below. Since the March 2016 update, you can now move the epic project to a new building (prior to starting the project).

Links:

Epic Projects cost breakdown: http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Strategies/Epic-Projects-cost-breakdown/td-p/5107298

How to quickly complete Epic Projects: http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Strategies/How-to-quickly-complete-Silver-and-Gold-projects...

Message 1 of 66 (180,265 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well done, Troy!

:D

Message 2 of 66 (180,046 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Excellent analysis.

a couple of observations to add:

1. I've seen duplicate buildings of the same type and color scheme in the same city, but I've also observed different color schemes for the same building type. Either way, you definitely can have multiple of the same epic building in one city.
  2. I've seen two buildings with the same appearance but different names, so it's unclear if the names are specific to the design or random.

Also, I've been posting screen shots and details over in the Strategy board. Maybe you could add yours?

Message 3 of 66 (180,031 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, i've updated the OP. I'll also add my screenshots to your thread Wink

Message 4 of 66 (180,007 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

More data:

One can definitely have two epic buildings with the same look, same level, but different names...

On the left: Building of Slaloms
On the right: Building of Backpacking
Both: Mountain specialization
Both: Llama/silver level

Message 5 of 66 (180,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Education Epic Projects:

There's at least 2 different Education designs (i'll update if I find more).

The design you get is random, and the name assigned to the building is also random. It could be one of the following:

Tower of Truth

Tower of Dogma

Tower of Enlightenment

(probably many more)

As you can see, you may also get a varied colour scheme too.

I'm not sure if bronze/silver/gold affect the colour scheme, however my 3 (in the pic) are gold/gold/silver Epic Projects.

Message 6 of 66 (179,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Transportation Epic Projects:

There's at least 3 different Transportation designs (i'll update if I find more).

The design you get is random, and the name assigned to the building is also random. It could be one of the following:

Tower of Carriage

Tower of Crossing

Tower of Velocity

Tower of Signals

Tower of Communications

Tower of Flow

Tower of Transfers

(possibly more)

I'm not sure if bronze/silver/gold affect the colour scheme, however my 3 (in the pic) are gold/gold/silver Epic Projects.

My other city has the 3rd building in different colours, it's also a silver project.

Message 7 of 66 (178,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Beach Epic Projects:

There's at least 3 different Beach designs (i'll update if I find more).

Tower of Waves

Tower of Fun

Tower of Oceanfronts

(probably many more)

I'm not sure if bronze/silver/gold affect the colour scheme, however it was that case for the 3 buildings on the right (all 3 named Tower of Fun).

My 5 (in the pic) are gold/gold/gold/silver/bronze Epic Projects.

Message 8 of 66 (178,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Entertainment Epic Projects:

There's at least 2 different Entertainment designs (i'll update if I find more).

Tower of Expos

Tower of Pleasure

Tower of Fairs

Tower of Games

(probably many more)

The 2 buildings on the left are silver/gold.

The 2 buildings on the right are gold/gold. I do have a duplicate of the 4th building, which is silver. It seems that the level of the building isn't directly related to the colour scheme.

Message 9 of 66 (178,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Mountain Epic Projects:

There's 3 different Mountain designs (also visible from Daniel's City).

Epic Cliff Building

Building of Exploring

Climbing Building

Building of Backpacking

Building of Slaloms

Pickaxe Building 

(possibly more)

I'm not sure if there's any varying colour schemes (probably not). My 3 buildings in the pic are gold/silver/gold Epic Projects.

Message 10 of 66 (178,774 Views)