Efficient layout for the in progress player

by rsgreenway

Original Post

Highlighted

Efficient layout for the in progress player

★★★ Newbie
I am looking for the best layout for growing. Not an end game 3 million pop layout that is unrealistic to achieve and has no space for factories and such. I would like to see a layout that will grow with me as I progress through the game. Please help my city is a mess
Message 1 of 11 (71,569 Views)

Re: Efficient layout for the in progress player

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

http://scbuildit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Post-Content-2-Million-Layout-v2-3-2.jpg

p.s. i think this is the layer for max 400 % boost ..

In last update i think u can get 600% boost for houses...due to Gambling , Entertainment and Landmarks not stacking anymore.

Message 2 of 11 (71,360 Views)

★ Apprentice
Anyone have a better layout? I have 115 residential buildings and had around 1,050,000 population before I tried this layout. With this setup, I have about 833,000. Gonna do a little tweaking to it but curious if anyone has a better plan.
Message 3 of 11 (70,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

rows that accommodate two res units work well. i.e. 2x11.

I just packed mine tight and left the other 1/2 of the map for my endgame. That way I can drop new roads and shuffle the buildings over for the endgame layout, then backfill as desired.

I saw a similar layout to mine that I'l write out below - this layout gets you 1.1 mil on barely 1/2 the map.

note: on left there is a 3 wide space plus a vertical road, on right a vertical road road too. The left side is lined with water, recycling, high School, civic buildings, and other 3 space wide buildings. 

legend 

SS=solar, F=medium fire, FR=large fire, PO=large police, P=medium police,

G=gamble (the max one), HO=hospital, UNIV=university, P=two parks, p=single park,

B=building, T=transport (helipad), M=Washington Monument, L=library

SSFSSHOFPSSf

=============

BBBBBBBBBBB

BPBBBPBBBpB

=============

BPBBBPBBBpB   College

BBBGTBBBBpB

=============

BBUNPOUNBpB  School

BB IV FR IV BpB

=============

BPBGTPBBBpB   

BPBBBPBBBpB   HQ building

=============

BBBBHOBBBpB  Sydney

BBBGTBBBBpB  Opera

============= House

BPBBBPBBBpB

BPBMTPBBBpB

=============

BBUNPOUNBpB

BB IV FR IV BpB  Ferris

=============

BBBTGBBBBpB

BPBBBPBBBpB

=============

BPBBBPBBBpB

BBBBBGBBBpB

=============

shopTLHOshops

Message 4 of 11 (70,384 Views)

★ Guide
Sure here is the best layout, it uses the least resources for the max pop. It has 301 total residences and enough services to build 11 Tokyo town towers. If you drop the residence at the end of the shops and put in a deuce windmill you will have enough services for 34 TT homes. Good luck and happy building! I am at 1.5 million population now all 300 residences are started and at least Tier 3, except the TT. Its going well but I hear it gets difficult above 2 million population, but we will see. Cheers
Message 5 of 11 (70,148 Views)

★ Guide
Message 6 of 11 (70,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My layout... now 2.000.000 people ...sorry for quality of Video...

Services:
-100% coveredge Parks
-100% coveredge Transportation
-100% coveredge Gambling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG09i5Z8XBY

Message 7 of 11 (70,069 Views)

★ Guide

Very nice. The video is very helpful. It looks like your road layout  is working out for the best as well.  Thanks

Message 8 of 11 (70,034 Views)

★ Apprentice
Where is the entertainment and landmarks?
Message 9 of 11 (70,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The other 3 specialization building are much more expensive in Key / People.

In time i will add them...no i am thinking ...i could not even use at all EDUCATION ...(only for  visual aspect of city)..since...i can get around 80.000 people for one University...and instead of it i can put 6 houses of 12.000-14.000 = 72.000-84.000  people  in same place..

The next aim are Ferris Wheels and Washington Monuments as they have smaller area ...3x3 and 2x2. 

Developers, please :

1. add more TERRAIN ...expand the MAP.

2. add some levels to make ZOOM out of CITY ..i can barely see the graphs/bars if all are full.

Thank you 

Message 10 of 11 (69,973 Views)