Early Access City Design Challenges - Feedback Thread

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Re: City Design Challenges - Feedback Thread

★★★★ Guide

It seems like everyone only got a half star in 3rd round. And the winner is the same player as the last time (probably a developer). I know it’s just a test play, but what’s the point if the voting isn’t even working. 

Im not going to participate this challenge until EA figure things out. No point to spend time and simpletons for this total joke. 

Message 21 of 51 (1,324 Views)

★★★ Novice

All these designs recieved half stars (I attach screenshots). Mine included. It is hillarious and unfair. Designs with bare minimum requirements and no effort got 3 stars. I know it is a test but putting rewards that are impossible to reach even with lots of effort and time spent is unfair.

Message 22 of 51 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@PortBudapest Nice pictures.  They need to bring the pink trees back as I haven’t got any! 😩

Message 23 of 51 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry to note that only the second design has some asian resemblance, definitely not Chinese Standard smile - more Japanese.

Nevertheless, they are by FAR better than the winning design, and the ones I've seen to evaluate... ehm, no,  vote on, because evaluating would mean giving it a score and add comments.

ChinaTown round is a disaster, failure. All previous results are now missing. All cities aparently scored 0.5 but the (ugly) winning 'design'.

Message 24 of 51 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@inhert5orh0u They are expensive Standard smile
Message 25 of 51 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Therealpcsurgeon The first and third pictures from my previous post are green valley designs, not chinatown. Standard smile Not everyone gets the same task apparently. For me it was green valley 

Message 26 of 51 (1,233 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think the game has been hacked, which is why china town was won by the same person as festival.

i think the star rating works as how many votes you got compared to the top score.  Suppose top won 10 votes and you got 6, top gets 5 stars, you get 3.  Fair, to a point, assuming both of you get the same number of voting opportunities.

now suppose the winner hacked the system and submitted 100 votes for their city.  Your 6 is now barely half a star.

assuming this is the way voting works (and it neatly explains someone winning twice with 2 poor cities and the rest getting a low rating), there is an easy fix:

1) keep tack of how many times a design is put out for vote.

2) keep track of how many votes each design won and how many it lost

3) if lost + win is not the same as chances to vote, the designer is a cheat.  They should be banned from the game.

i believe their cheating has cost me a free land expansion ... doubt I would have got much further but still ...

all us cheat victims should be given some compensation ... say a boost in blueprints ... or a free land expansion?

Message 27 of 51 (1,167 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Dunsnoozin we all should be given all rewards, no matterwhat - for testing. I don't believe to make a competition of something being tested, especially if bugs will cost you the win.....
Message 28 of 51 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Dunsnoozin 

Probably the winner was the one of EA/track20 developers. Guess the winner was already decided even before the voting started. 

Doesn’t really make sense to hack the system in this beta stage. You can’t hack to be picked for the early access, how can they vote 100 times? They just want to parade of what they can do?

But either it was a fixed-game or hacked, I agree all test players should get rewards especially the nice looking castle!!

Message 29 of 51 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The hack is conceptually easy.  A vote is simply a message from your machine to the server.  Grab a copy of the message, change the content (e.g. change the player ID for the city you vote on to your player ID) and send.  Vote for you.  And repeat.

as for why hack?  The war concept got hacked to death though it has been a while since we’ve encountered obvious cheats.  Mayors pass has had its fair share of cheats too. Any competition like this, someone somewhere will try to hack, even in beta testing.

for reference I have attached a screen shot of my china town attempt.  Not worthy of a win, but better than most I saw. Population just under 70k, 85% happiness.

Message 30 of 51 (1,113 Views)