EA's conspiracy regarding the Vu Tower and Maxis Manor

by esch5995

Original Post

EA's conspiracy regarding the Vu Tower and Maxis Manor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Since the last update I've seen the availability of Vu Tokens change dramatically both as rewards and in the GTHQ. I currently have 25 Vu Batteries which seem to be popping up constantly yet I have 0 Vu Remotes and only a few Vu Gloves this has been going on too long to be just a temporary coincidence. I spend hours everyday prowling the Trade HQ and have only come across a few opportunities to buy Remotes and they all were sold so this tells me other players aren't seeing them either. I don't accept that this is just me being out of favor with the RNG gods(do you have any idea how hard it is to find a virgin to sacrifice?) but it is EA's design to force me to give them $20 to buy enough SimCash to buy a Maxis Manor so I can have a reliable source of Vu Specialty Tokens.

I would love to hear what others are seeing and think about this and if you have a Maxis Manor how does it work.

For now my Vu Tower is in mothballs and my Mayor's Contest has come to a grinding halt for lack of remotes and gloves. To think I used to think this game was fun!

Message 1 of 11 (10,411 Views)

Re: EA's conspiracy regarding the Vu Tower and Maxis Manor

★★ Novice

Don't bother.

i paid real money to buy fake money to buy a fake building so I could spend more fake money to buy fake parts. So we start with "I'm an idiot."

Maxis Manor is not a good source of Vu parts. I had an offer last night to buy one Vu part for a little more than 1,300 Simolons. I declined. It's now been 12 hours and I've had zero offers so far.

On a side note, I thought that since the limit on Maxis Manor was four, the building would cover a quarter of the city ... Nope. It covers about the same area as a delux fire, police, or hospital.

The only saving grace is that the real money went to the World Wildlife Federation (WWF). But be careful, in EA's typical deceptive practice, it is only the $1.99 for 100 Simbucks that goes to WWF. If you spend $19.99 for 1,300 Simbucks, that goes to EA, not WWF.

Message 2 of 11 (10,338 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@grpdiver

I'm glad you posted this. I also have a lot of batteries, one or two remotes, no gloves. I did see Vu items at the beginning of the contest, a few now and then, but not much since. I had been mulling over the purchase of sim cash for the maxis manor; now probably not.

Message 3 of 11 (10,332 Views)

★★ Guide

@grpdiver wrote:

On a side note, I thought that since the limit on Maxis Manor was four, the building would cover a quarter of the city ... Nope. It covers about the same area as a delux fire, police, or hospital.

It does cover exactly 1/4 of the city if placed right.   Yes one of them covers the same area as a Deluxe Fire Station, a Police Precinct and a Hospital COMBINED and they cover 1/4 of the city each one if placed in the exact spot to reach 1/4 of the city.  The big savings in the Maxis Manor is if you replace fire, police and hospital, that would give you 5 more spaces available to put EPIC buildings.  4 of them together and placed wisely in exactly the right spot covers 100% of the map.  You only need 4 to cover the whole map giving you an additional 20 spots open for EPIC buildings or specializations.

It's worth it to have the maxis manor, is it worth it to pay real money for 4 of them?  That's debatable.  I wouldn't do it.   I would just save all simcash till you had 1000 saved up.  Sure it may take you a year playing the game to cover it, but patience is a virtue.

Message 4 of 11 (10,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too,  I think the game needs some solution due to the lack of Vu items sold in GTHQ lately. As we can see, the players nowadays tend to make the game unbalanced with the action of spamming the market with the beach's and mountain's expansion items. Plus, the massive usage of the Vu items in the Contest of Mayors quickly drains the stocks from our storage supply. The situation is like after having such difficult times to earn the items, but it takes some simple steps to waste them. Maybe EA should increase the percentage of the Vu item appeared when a player pops the conversation bubbles, or having Dr. Vu himself selling those items each day for some limited amount and time, with the price a bit higher than the maximum price. Maybe that should relieve the 'disaster' in the gameplay.

Message 5 of 11 (10,304 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

All:

So okay this post is over a year old. That's just my point about EA and the Maxis Manor. It has been over a year and nothing has changed, quite frankly do you expect EA to change its policy on money making?

If your read posts on "reddit.com" you will see players complaining about the cost versus benefits when purchasing the Maxis Manor.

I am not the only one saying this EA: are you listening? There are plenty of other players that have spent "real" money on the premise that one can buy "Vu items" at the Maxis Manor. Some of the comments are "can only buy one item per 36 hours", "a second Maxis Manor will not produce offers for Vu items". All for the price of 1000 Simcash?

I keep saying this: EA's commitment to greed has gone way beyond fairness to the players.

When can we expect EA to lighten up? LOL

smt-701

Message 6 of 11 (8,532 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Maxis Manor gives Vu Items at 1k-3k Simoleons and Vu Items are the most wanted items in the game.
Message 7 of 11 (6,464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Getting Vu items is one of the most frustrating pursuits in the game for me.

It’s very tedious trawling through GTHQ for them. And when you see one, it’s always a battle of who has the faster internet. I’ve had to resort to mind-numbingly clicking on the burgers and fries, in hopes that the cities selling those also have Vu items in their depot.

I have a Maxis Manor, but at 1 Vu item per day, it’s not nearly enough to sustain me for one CoM week, let alone a season.

Message 8 of 11 (6,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There are more sources from where you get VU items, but you need collecting them in time and reserve space for them. 

Because I seldom find them in  Trade Market (i think i have better chances to win the lottery instead), I focus on Neo Mall and Maxis Manor to obtain them in a controlled way. 

With the money earned from CoM won, I bought 2 Maxis Manors. At first I thought it was not a big deal, and only seeing as good part, the space gained. But, honestly, having 2 items per day generated by Maxis Manor, proves really helpful. 

I was surprised in a good way seeing the second Manor provides also its piece, because I understood in earlier versions of the game, there was only one provided, no matter on how many manors you had. So 2 pieces simultaneously each day.

No matter how expensive they are, I always buy them. 

Second source is Neo Mall. I'm always having Omega canister in production, and neosimoleons obtained each day are sometimes reserved for VU items marketed there, depending on the situation.

Third source is from club members

Fourth, as discovered gifts from other cities or my own city bubbles

In such way you can obtain at least 5 vu items per day in the worst case. In best case, even 10 items per day. And Monday and Tuesday you dont launch attacks, just collect them for CoM Standard smile 

Message 9 of 11 (6,339 Views)

★ Novice
I haven't spent a dime of "real" money since I started last June.

I have 2 Maxis Manors that I bought with saved Simcash, simply for the fact that they cover police, fire and health.

I haven't bothered with Vu disasters for months. I always have at least a few Vu items to share with my club members, and even sometimes buy the Vu items for them from my Maxis manor offer if they really need it.

I'm only lvl 46, 1,500,000 population.. but I don't see why everyone is in a tizzy about Vu items?
Message 10 of 11 (6,265 Views)