EA! You are losing honest players! There are too many hackers in the game!!

by GermanMayor1982

Original Post

Re: EA! You are losing honest players! There are too many hackers in the game!!

★ Guide

The worst thing is that we can't contact EA and they don't make an official statement. No apology for this mess. They are just busy creating new features so we can spend more money on the game. 

While each company has a customer support, EA is using so-called support in India: people who have no clue what's Simcity and and who just send us pre-generated answers so we shut up. 

I think EA doesn't even read this forum, otherwise they've replied somehow what's going on now.

Message 11 of 31 (1,939 Views)

★ Apprentice

I totally agreed what you have said.

I am one of the honest player but i feel i'm becoming the minority in the game.

I met game hackers in every com (i'm at city level 93) and war (war rank 45). 

I feel so tried to play with those cheaters.

every time i sent the "report player" to EA, i can only receive some standard reply instead of action.

To be honest, most of the honest player has left the game.  If it continues, I will be one of them.

Message 12 of 31 (1,888 Views)

★ Guide

What can we do to get EA's attention? Write curse words, so they have to edit the post and hope that they'll read it? 

Message 13 of 31 (1,859 Views)

★ Guide

EA doesn't give a * about us. *! 

(just testing if EA is reading this forum). 

Message 14 of 31 (1,790 Views)

★★ Guide

Shame! Maybe we should make instagram page where we publish EAs so called answers to requests.

I'm thinking that if cheating is so easy is it possible that malicious people could steal our personal data from the game? 

Then it will sure be gdpr thing. 

Message 15 of 31 (1,773 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GermanMayor1982 100% accurate. Contest of Mayors is unplayable due to cheating.
Message 16 of 31 (1,682 Views)

★★ Apprentice

All,

This cheating is a serious problem. Here is today's example. COM ended today August 27, 2019. In the Megapolis division number 1 had 338,390 points. Assuming he completed all 60 assignments with 15 golden tickets plus the double plumb points this time he averaged 4,512 points per assignment. Number 2 had 305,460 points which is 4,072 points per assignment. For reference number 3 had 248,340 total points. With the double plumb points the scores will be higher but any of the players in this round can attest that the assignments did not average over 4,000 points each. Only a handful were 4,000 or higher. This cheated 7 players of their winnings. By the way I am not one of the 7 although I played. This is a regular occurrence in Megalopolis. The lower levels don't seem to have the cheating but then again their prize levels don't compare to Megapolis.

I have reported both of them to EA who responded it appears it was likely cheating and they would investigate. EA needs to investigate our reports of cheating but they could do much more proactively. First, automatically audit the top 6 winners in Megapolis before awarding prizes. And if needed the winner in the other divisions. Develop algorithms to detect actions in COM and the war game that indicate potential hacking and cheating. And once the cheaters are detected and verified ban them permanently not just by email address but their IP address. It may not keep them out but it will make it more difficult for them.

The cheating is destroying the game and it is costing EA financially as the cheaters are cheating rather than paying, honest players are leaving and others have quit putting their money into the game and with posts all over this forum about cheating it has to keep new players from joining or staying.

EA please take action and stop the cheating.

Message 17 of 31 (1,461 Views)

★ Guide

This past week was “Double Plumbob Points Week.”  Of course suspected hackers should be reported, but it’s best for all if you do so accurately.  Averaging 4512 points during double is what I would expect of a skilled and legit top score in megalopolis.

Message 18 of 31 (1,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Cheating is definitely rampant in Megalopolis. But one shouldn't be too quick to call every high-scoring player a cheater.

During the Double Plumbob Points Week, averages of 4,000 - 4,500 points are reasonable. It's the same as scoring a 2,000 - 2,250 average during normal weeks when you're lucky and the task generator favours you.

I personally got 310,000 during that Double Points week for a 4,133 average. Had a good number of 6,000 pointers among the 60 allocated tasks, only to be let down by repeating 4,000 point task combinations once I got to golden tickets.

In the final week of the Mayor's Pass, I finally won Megalopolis again after months of futile efforts, with 163,000 for a 2,173 average. Got lucky with repeating 2,450 point tasks in golden tickets. I made sure to screenshot my progress frequently along the way, just in case some disgruntled player reported me for cheating.

So I would say up to 175,000 or 180,000 points is doable in Megalopolis during normal times. Perhaps up to 360,000 during Double Points weeks. Anything above that, you can start to be suspicious.

Message 19 of 31 (1,327 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You would be right that you could average 4000 points in the double plum week if you got a lot of 4000 and 6000 point assignments. I understand how averages work. However I played that round in megapolis against the 2 players who in the closing hours suddenly came from nowhere and charged into first and second place averaging over 4000 points per assignment in a round when there were few 4000 point assignments and far less 6000 points assignments. There is no way that average was possible in that round. No one else came close to that. But you are the second player who has defended these 2 players. No wonder EA doesn't take the hacking and cheating serious. 

Message 20 of 31 (1,306 Views)