Re: Dozer Blades

by gppande

Original Post

Dozer Blades

★★★ Novice

Hi all.  Is there an easier way to get the blades?  I have been refreshing the Trading HQ for 5 days and only got 4 so far.

Interestingly I feel it was easier to get the blades before they kinda "upgraded" the HQ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 11 (10,718 Views)

★★★ Novice
These seem to be near impossible to come by for me as well, not sure why...
Message 2 of 11 (10,652 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just got four blades from a seller Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 3 of 11 (10,642 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You have to get lucky, at least in my experience. Same with storage bars.

Instead of a filter, which many people have suggested, they could just increase the drop rates, from the pop-up bubbles. It seems to be a supply problem.
Message 4 of 11 (10,621 Views)

★★★ Novice

Basically, the game provides you with 1 or 2 items of the total 3 needed. It expects you to buy the remaining using simcash. This is artificial scarcity created to cash in on players impatience. The skewed GTHQ further serves this purpose by not allowing buyers to get what they need.

Message 5 of 11 (10,528 Views)

★ Apprentice

I purchased an iPad 4 and, once I reached level 10, managed to grab all the blades/cogs/etc needed.  It IS a shame that I had to resort to such drastic measures but it's virtually impossible to advance without doing so. I'm on level 36 on my main iPad and now all the Vu items have vanished.

Frustrating!

Message 6 of 11 (10,513 Views)

★★ Novice
Agreed, dozer blades are intentionally scarce
Message 7 of 11 (10,306 Views)

★ Apprentice
Basically the only way to get blades is to do what Dam6 did. Make a second city get it to level 10 and buy them for your main city. It is super easy to find them at level 10.
Message 8 of 11 (10,284 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EA intentionally makes them scarce to keep you playing the game longer. The longer you play, the more likely you are to make an in-app purchase. It all comes down to $$ folks.

Message 9 of 11 (10,129 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yah, well, Up until about a week ago i was playing / looking at the game 8-10 times a day.

I picked it up twice yesterday, and only just now thought to have a look.

No bars or blades = minimal interest.  The expansion zones are too small anyway (6 houses, maybe?) and there are not enough 1square items.  Why build full bus terminals everywhere? The range of a bus is 1 expansion zone?  LOL. What about 1 square bus stops?

Message 10 of 11 (10,100 Views)