Design Challenges Update - We Want Your Feedback

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Re: Design Challenges Update - We Want Your Feedback

★★★★ Guide

Can’t you make it possible to place buildings without storing and putting them back? You give us back all the buildings anyway, please just let us use what we have instead of what we have stored...

Gathering all the landscapes and specializations from capital and regions and put them back is too much work.

I also don’t like my city looks empty while I’m working on the challenge area. Even more hard for fresh players who don’t have much extra buildings too. Maybe that’s the purpose, let us purchase extra buildings for the challenge though...

At least let us access to regions without going back to the capital. It’s just so inconvenient going back and force between capital/region and challenge area.

Message 11 of 124 (1,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I was one of the "lucky ones" testdrive this, and yet, despite our input/suggestions we can still not view our entries back.

I'd really much like to see my designs stocked in an album kind of thing.

And why the hell are there CoM tasks for DC? Some task requiring submitting design while design has been send! Not fair! 

Anyway this mine for this week:

In construction 

Final Design 

Message 12 of 124 (1,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

1. Please give us the opportunity to review the design after submission (without the ability to change it). For example, until the end of voting.

I also agree with those who suggest visiting the design city. Add this to the photo.
Photo cannot convey all the beauty. At least animated objects. It would be interesting to visit some cities)

2. I think that the use of any existing objects of the capital and regions without storage in the warehouse and their return to their places is very difficult to implement. In addition, all participants in the competition are in unequal conditions, since everyone has different opportunities.

Is it not better to give all participants a sufficiently large and varied, but the same set of objects?

And a certain number of items from the warehouse (no more than 10, for example, or depending on the conditions of the assignment)

Message 13 of 124 (1,568 Views)

★ Guide

Had an assignment in COM to vote in design challenge x 4 in 1 hour which paid 2000 points. Started this assignment and voted on the 5 options to complete the task. However this only credited 1 vote towards the assignment. So I now have an incomplete assignment having scored 1 out of 4 which is impossible to complete. The assignment is completely screwed, how can you score 4 in 1 hour when voting rounds are 8 hours apart and you can only vote a maximum of 3 rounds in the 24 hour voting period. I refer to my earlier comment, EA do you pay people real money to come up with this Ill thought out garbage!

Message 14 of 124 (1,500 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. And I left that task of 1500 the whole contest (mine was for 3 votes). Jokes on me I guess

Message 15 of 124 (1,496 Views)

After submitting my Design for Design Challenge,How can I see my design?

★★★ Newbie

There are no options right now to see your own design after submitting your design for Design Challenge! Which is bad,I hope they will add features for that in Simcity Build It.

Message 16 of 124 (1,451 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The voting system needs to be changed.

The theme of this DC is the East.
I think none of these pictures fit. But I have to choose.

Screenshot_2021-03-15-10-32-02-159_com.ea.game.simcitymobile_row.jpg

OK))
Give me the opportunity to vote partially, but not less than 0.1. (For example, 0.1 0.2 ... 1).
Or add a Skip button when both options receive minimum scores (but not 0).

Message 17 of 124 (1,479 Views)

★ Guide

I wish we could have access to a library with all our designs... a record we could check anytime.

plus it would be interesting for our members to be able to vote for best design inside our club.

Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Message 18 of 124 (1,402 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Completed his first DC.
Thank you very much for this competition. It is interesting.

Additional suggestions:
- an album of sent designs, which can be viewed and shared with friends;
(I didn't take a screenshot of my design. I didn't see it when I got the grade. Now I won't see it anywhere. Next time I'll save myself a screenshot before submitting).

- One winner is not enough.
I think we need to introduce more prizes. At least 1, 2 and 3. Or top 10. Maybe even like in League of CoM.

Thanks.

Message 19 of 124 (1,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Still not totally convinced about the scoring.  Got 3 stars for mine.  Can accept not winning but most of the ones I voted on were rubbish like the one post earlier showed.  Is mine really ‘just above average’? (Will upload when I can convert from png to jpeg).

my biggest complaint, though, is the prize track.  Despite all the feedback during the early access, I do not believe the top prizes are achievable.  Assuming full submission criteria met (200) and 5 stars (500) that’s 700 per entry and it seems like one entry per week.  The competition lasts 4 weeks so 2800 blueprints.  50 for level 1, 250 (300 total) to level 2 and 300 (600 total) to level 3.  If (and that’s a big if) it carries on at 300 per level (and bear in mind CoM keeps rising), the end is at 2100.  If it keeps going up, for every 50 each level rises, that’s 750 more blueprints needed.  Not achievable.  Even 2100 needs people to get at least 3.5 stars every week to reach the end.  Possible I suppose but given the subjectivity of the voting ...

oh, and I completely agree with the futility of the CoM tasks asking you to do design challenge activities that aren’t available.  Pathetic!

Message 20 of 124 (1,335 Views)