Re: Design Challenges Update - We Want Your Feedback

by cntepe

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Western Challenge is up...

20210410_124953000_iOS.jpg

Imagine it without all the pesty icons and clutter... (Yes EA, we still don't have a way to save our designs Shocked). Those dirt roads really put you back in the 1800's Standard smile

Some of the eyecandy came from a western themed season way back, so I decided to use them to build an old Western Town around a Cattle Rance, ajacent to the city in the background. Hope you get to see it in the game!

Message 61 of 124 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Something wrong with the voting system...

6 hours in the voting process I've seen 25 designs so far all at 2.5 points...

That can't be right, some of those designs should be on 3.5, maybe 4.0.

Message 62 of 124 (1,162 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Read a lot of previous comments.  
I like this newest version of the game. I will never get my last region because I like to design.  I’ve been playing this game since 2016 and am running out of space. The 2 days to design in a predetermined space gives me my creative fix. However, taking a poll in my club,  Only a few are really enjoying it.  It’s those that are nearing the end of the space limit, those that are almost bored with com and wars that are really enjoying this in my club. 

I like the change in voting to  1 x per hour. That has been really nice and allows me to view more than just a couple of scenes.  I see some awful designs to get the minimum completed, but I also get to see some others that are quite thoughtful and get my own creative ideas going for the next challenge.

I will agree with most posts, a way to showcase own submitted vs winner would be nice. I forgot to do my own screenshot to email my other interested club members and was deflated that I can’t recall some elements of my design.

I have also compared mine to winning to help improve.

I really want to know how my design ranked against all the others...like we can see what overall number our club ranks in wars? Maybe something similar. I won’t mind if I’m 10,999 out of 11,000. I want to see progress. 

Clarity please.....after we vote on a design, what do the points mean after the mayor name is revealed? Are they a fixed number? Will they change?   The faq did not explain enough. How are those points determined? 

I voted early and saw one with another number...11 as well as a 3.0. Is that the ranking? 

I do not understand the two numbers for the winning designs. 5.0 but also 3.5? 

again, I do like this new feature. I think I like it more than club wars. I look forward to the next challenge and future enhancements...

unlike some, I do not mind that there is a com assignment for the design challenge. Our club only wars every so often now, since there are other assignments to keep us busy, sitting on one or two for a few days makes little difference to us.  

Message 63 of 124 (1,137 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

1618297565445.jpg

No comments...

Message 64 of 124 (1,130 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Clearly someone cannot use the “pan and zoom” feature. Or is sending a message......  

I had photos of water towers, roads with messages, and yes, cities in darkness with no distinguishing features.

my fav was three buildings not completed with a winter landscape in the desert.   Yet, there are those that are serious and gem worthy. I enjoy seeing those.
It is hard to choose or cast a vote between really bad and really bad.

Message 65 of 124 (1,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Winter Wonderland Challenge

20210417_005005000_iOS.jpg

Hope you like the view Standard smile

Recap: All facilities and roads works, 100% happiness and lots to do for the 156+K inhabitants...

Message 66 of 124 (1,021 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Therealpcsurgeon 

Kudos! Well done!🏆

I hope I'm lucky enough to run across your city and more that fit the theme, when I vote!

👍

Message 67 of 124 (995 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is just amazing... I've already submitted my design a day ago and guess what... I get a CoM job to upgrade homes.

We really addressed on several occasions this problem to deal with. This very unfair!! 

20210417_134019000_iOS.jpg

Message 68 of 124 (973 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm still enjoying the Design Challenges, but the voting system still does not work at all. It's really frustrating to see my designs that I spent a good amount of effort on getting the same star ratings as a couple buildings with some random special structures. I think there are two possibly good options to fix this.

First option: keep the current method of showing two designs, but instead of forcing us to pick one, give us a "neither" option. Way too often I get two designs that are both total duds with nothing to do with the challenge, and I shouldn't have to pick either one.

Second option: show us one city at a time and let us give it a star rating 0-5. Then just average all the votes. I can't imagine that would be harder than the current method...

Thanks for continuing to work on this, because it is a major frustration right now for folks who are actually trying to make good designs based on the challenge.

Message 69 of 124 (908 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Here's a perfect example. Why should I vote for either of these? There's no way either of these are worth more than one star. Maybe two for the one on the right...

IMG_7298.jpeg

Message 70 of 124 (898 Views)