Re: Design Challenges Update - We Want Your Feedback

by SimOldFan

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

A few points:

1) the vote multiple times (once per hour) is an improvement.  Got 4.5stars for my tropical paradise so much happier.

2) the top prize is out of reach.  It seems to have been set at 2800 points which means you need to get 5 stars every week.  That’s impossible given the randomness of the voting - you will always lose some votes (come up against another good one, someone votes against you out of spite, ...).  Even with the bonus blueprints I got, the end will not be reached.

3) design challenges work much better when done Monday / Tuesday.  Ignore CoM, as stated below the challenges are a pain as can’t be done half the time (I only submit when CoM over). Most clubs war once a week at weekends so war + CoM + DC is a big ask and then there’s nothing to do Monday / Tuesday.

Message 51 of 124 (1,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SimOldFan yes, you get a notification when someone voted for your design. In the last round I got 3.5 and I got 2 notifications. 

The first 2 rounds I got 2.5 and didn’t get any notification, so it means mine never even shown for the voting selection I think. 

You get +0.5 per vote and -0.5 if yours is shown but didn’t get the vote maybe? If your design is shown more you have more chance to get high rating. To make the voting fair, all designs need to be seen same number of times. 

DC.jpeg

Message 52 of 124 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SummitVista3310
In the last round, I got 1 notification and 4 stars.

I'll see what happens in this round.

Alerts are not as important as the fact that the voting system is very bad.

There is not a single response from EA to all our proposals, neither in the topic of discussion of the preliminary stage, nor in this topic. And I very much doubt that anything from this forum is transferred to the studio.
The mutual assistance of the players - of course. But there are other sources for this as well.

Message 53 of 124 (1,284 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I thought the “your design is being voted on” notification just meant your design had entered the voting stage and was not indicative of the number of times your city was put forwards for voting.  I tend to see that notification once or twice early in the voting and then never again.  Got 4.5 stars last time and don’t recall seeing the notification after the start.

Message 54 of 124 (1,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Dunsnoozin Interesting. The last round the number of times I and my teammates got the notification and the rating matched up. 

2 notifications 3.5, 1 notifications 3.0. That’s how I figured +0.5 star per voting. Probably it depends on how often you get login to the game too, since we can vote every 1 hour you can miss the notification. 

@SimOldFan the point is not the alert, it’s how many times it’s shown in the voting selection and it needs to be equal and clear for every players. It greatly effects the star result if yours are seen only for 2 times or 10 times. 

Message 55 of 124 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well I was wrong on one thing, the final level was set at 2600 points (4.5 star average).  Got 3.5 stars on my final design so with the bonus they handed out after week 2 due to the voting system I made the end!  Hopefully the threshold will be a little lower next time: 4 star average is probably sensible.

only saw notification once, though, when the voting started.

Message 56 of 124 (1,216 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Got 3.5 stars.
Only saw notification once, when the voting started.

And again error:
DC finished and it is not known when it will start again.
New COM at the very beginning - design task 2400.
I have to ignore him.

Message 57 of 124 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

20210404_233220000_iOS.jpgDesign this time around scored 3.5 only, I've seen worce scoring 4 during voting. Anyway, those who seen it and voted it in thank you. The winning design wasn't exactly a perfect design imo, but anyway I discussed this poor voting system in the past in several previous posts...

To get the final prize really depends on superb luck, that is not fair to people who pay for your designer cash , so I come up with these solutions to get better designs and make it more fair:

- Remove blueprint reward on voting results, replace them with golden keys. E.g.  0.5 points = 1 key in stead of the current 50 blueprints. For 5.0 score you can reward 5 diamond keys. 

- Add MUCH more (mandatory) requirements to gain blueprints and improve the designs being entered for voting

- Stiffen the jobs a bit. 3k population is really easy to get over 3 days, even if you are beginner - start at 5k at least

- One I feel needs to be absolutely mandatory : 100% happiness 

- Once you completed and entered all 4 designs and completed all the (mandatory) job requirements you are eligible for all prizes. It doesn't matter how much your design scored because you would have received golden keys for your best efforts and the designs we get to see will be improved a lot. This will be fair to everyone who compete, and be value for the players who paid €28 for the designer cash.

Message 58 of 124 (1,160 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven't participated in the design challenge to avoid adding XP.

I hope XP will not be added to this temporary city creation.

That said, I enjoy voting to see many beautiful cities. Especially in the "city center", I felt that there were many high-level designs.

However, I saw many designs whose evaluations did not match. The design under construction was 3.5, and at the same time, the beautiful design was 3.5.

I would like to participate again when XP addition, assignment problems, and voting problems are improved.

Message 59 of 124 (1,152 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Me and 1 another teammate got 3.5 and we both got 1 pop up. I missed the beginning of the vote but I still got the pop up.

2 teammates got 3.0 they didn’t get the pop up at all.

The base line was 3.0 (the first 2 rounds when most of players only got 2.5, that time the baseline was 2.5...?) and people who shown for the selection are either +0.5 or -0.5...?

Not sure how the notification works but seems there are designs that never be shown in stage, for those who got 3.0 stars and didn’t get the notification. 

I hope we can see how many our design are shown in stage and how many votes we got, not just the stars. 

Also it’s disappointing that we can’t see the past rounds result. Really hope they add the galley for the past designs! 

I really like those castle collections and enjoy seeing variety of designs. Only complain is the voting, the past design gallery, and the CoM task. Unlike wars, both CoM and DC is fixed schedule they better adjust the timing so we get the DC task at the right time. It’s just silly to get the DC task when we don’t even have the challenge. 

Message 60 of 124 (1,075 Views)