Re: Design Challenges Update - We Want Your Feedback

by Mahler1989

Original Post

Design Challenges Update - We Want Your Feedback

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey Mayors!

We hope you are all keeping well, and that your citizens and cities are happy and prospering!

Our new game feature Design Challenges is finally here! So, Mayors let your design skills and creativity flow. 

Please feel free to drop us a quick post below with your thoughts regarding this feature. What do you like about Design Challenges? What would you like to see done differently? 

However, please remember to keep the discussion on-topic and directed toward the Design Challenges only. Any comments that are not focused on this will be removed.

Have fun Mayors, and we are looking forward to seeing what you all create and comment on shortly!

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 124 (14,847 Views)

★ Guide

1. If our designs could be saved in-game?    Any form is welcome.

2. If the design results could be shown in the city panel like war? It'll be nice for city design lovers.

Message 2 of 124 (14,768 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Leeloo again ea showing how much they understand about the game. My biggest com task is to vote on designs which i can do in 4d 12h...

I have no interest in your stupid updates but now they are ruining my game, so yeah this city design thing is just a wsste of time and ruins ones contest. Nice!
Message 3 of 124 (14,729 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

agree. At least with the monster it only took up a 1000 pointer if you're lucky, and you could just ignore it for the whole contest. This can ruin your CoM due to bad luck getting it. And of course if you skip it, it will come back in a couple of turns I bet. 

To me, this is getting ridiculous. I personally don't want to do the design challenges. But the game is trying to force me to do it with CoM tasks. I just want to design my real city, not one that disappears after submitting with a small photo, that I can't even see again unless I remember to take my own photo. 

It's a nice feature for some people. But keep it out of CoM, CoM's already hard enough without this random disadvantage

Message 4 of 124 (14,709 Views)

★ Guide

So you launch the new city design challenge for everyone on the same day a new COM season starts. For the first 3 days you can’t do anything because the first challenge is not active until then. You then randomly scatter city design challenge assignments throughout COM which depending on the type of assignment you will not be able to do for at least 3 days and maybe even 5/6 days by which time COM will be finished for the week. Absolutely brilliant. Do you actually pay people with real money to come up with this garbage?

Message 5 of 124 (14,704 Views)

★ Guide
@Forgotten_Woods I don't want to be against you, but now there is no rule that you could probably get new high score tasks by doing high score tasks, so you can still ignore them like the monster.
Message 6 of 124 (14,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Seems they added 3 tasks related to the challenge.

-upgrade house in challenge (have seen 1 for 800pts, 2 for 1,600 pts )
-vote in challenge (2500 pts)
-submit a design (2500 pts)

I usually ignore city monster tasks since they are low value (500 per attack). But don’t want those 2500 tasks sit in my CoM list for 48 hours.

I agree to remove city design challenge tasks from CoM.

Message 7 of 124 (14,657 Views)

★ Expert

While you’re at it remove all war games assignments from CoM...they never belonged there and it is absolutely ludicrous the value they carry. 

Message 8 of 124 (14,631 Views)

★ Guide

It would be great if we could use the Design City as a test for our princinpal city in a way that all parks and landscape (or some buildings for some season) were free for use in the design city only.

In such a way that small players wouldn’t have their creativity limited for in-game economic reasons. It will enormously increase our motivation to participate in this new mode. I am serious 🧐 

Message 9 of 124 (14,566 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Leeloo Can we get some feedback from our feedback please?
Message 10 of 124 (14,498 Views)