Contest of Mayors is a joke

by esch5995

Original Post

Contest of Mayors is a joke

★★★ Apprentice

WTF how can this be happening? Last week I was beaten by players who put up more points than I had available if I did ALL 28 assignments and now this!

Message 1 of 79 (16,523 Views)

Re: Contest of Mayors is a joke

★★ Apprentice

So the guy used a ton of Sim Cash to complete assignments fast, are you suggesting they not be allowed to do that? 

Message 2 of 79 (16,342 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So you think he is spending $100's I real money just to win this contest because that is probably be what it would take? Look at his latest total about 13 hrs in no one else in the group is even close seems suspicious to me.

Message 3 of 79 (16,334 Views)

★★ Apprentice

At one point I had over 300 in Sim Cash when I was working on just expansion parts. If someone has all the expansion slots on their commercial buildings what else do you use sim cash for? so you can accumulate sim cash pretty quickly.

I spent 28 in sim cash for a 3600 point assignment. it was for 3 deliveries to London. I had 1 plane there and then use $14 for each new plane and had 3600 points in about 5 minutes time. so do that a couple times along with a couple cheetah tokens and and you can move up pretty fast.

So they get their assignments done fast and use sim cash, it's the Turtle that wins the race.

Message 4 of 79 (16,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yah, I did a round and completed the top dollar task on all tasks and I finished out of a reward position. I don't know how that is possible. Top place person was 34 thousand and I wasn't 22 thousand - and all the tasks I did was the highest value available. I am thinking these guys that are finishing 1st might have found a way into the system to set the self up by cheating somehow? But that is only a guess.

Message 5 of 79 (16,185 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am going to give up on the contest after this week........I made it to the city league but even that was a bit difficult. Now that I am competing for the metropolis league I am finding that many more people are gaining points a lot faster. Within half an hr of when the current contest started there were 3 people with over 25000 points. Now that it is 2 days and 6 hours left in the contest, 4 people are reaching 60000 to 68000 points and at least the top ten are over 50000 points. I have done every assignment that offered the most point (completed 15 out of 30 for this league) and am only at 27000 points...currently 42nd place.  

Message 6 of 79 (16,174 Views)

★ Apprentice

The ones with that super high point total at the start of a  league have to be using a cheat.  There's no way to buy your way to that high a score, the tasks that come up won't get you there.

Message 7 of 79 (16,154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wholeheartedly agree. Something fishy is going on. Right now the lead person in my contest has about 80,000. If he/she has completed all 30 assignments then they all must have been worth 2600 each. I've had only a couple over 2000. Regardless of whether I had unlimited simcash it would still have been impossible for me to get close to the top numbers listed.

Message 8 of 79 (16,152 Views)

★★ Guide

This hasn't been my experience with the previous contests I've done, but thought I'd share what happened this time around to put things into a bit more perspective.  I've never paid for the game at all.

This time I was going to do things totally random and choosing low mid and high end assignments.  The first assignment I did was only worth 320.  The next assignment given was Earn 5 gold keys worth 5000.  The next one after that was Earn 2 gold keys for 2000.

From the time I completed the 320 to the time I completed the 2000 was at most 10 min and I'm already at 7320.  I had a couple "Earn X amount of Simoleans" which were real quick too as I just sold some International pieces that I don't use anyway.  Within the first half hour I was already at 14000ish all done legitimately.  

I'm sure the guy in 2nd place has got to be thinking....  How the heck is it possible for this guy to get that high that fast.  It's really been just the luck of draw.  The produce tasks take a whole lot longer than any of these that skyrocketed me to the first place spot.

Right now I'm at 25170 in the Suburban League with the guy in 2nd at 16920 and 3rd at 14630 with 1d 16h to go.  I didn't spend a single simcash on it at all, although I did have to do a lot of Vu disasters this time around compared to what I have had in the past.

After my experience this week, I'm starting to conclude that those who skyrocket quickly are getting a lot of tasks that are not "Produce" tasks.

I've done some of those as well this week, however, one little tip about produce tasks is that you don't have to start one, wait for it to finish and start the next one.  You can produce your product and as long as you don't collect it until starting the assignment it will count, so let's say you've got assignments for backpacks, firepits and cheesecake all at the same time, you can have 3 different commercial buildings all working towards assignments even though you've only started one of them.

I've also had it this week where I've had as many as 3 different produce tasks all ready within 15 min of each other worth 1500-2000 each.  Start one, collect them, claim points, start the next, collect, claim, start the 3rd collect and claim and that will also shoot you higher quicker.  Just be careful to not accidentally touch something that is ready.

This week for me has been a series of really lucky draws.....

Although, I am wondering if it has a tie to your placement the previous week because last week I didn't do anything but the bare minimum to claim the small prize and this week I'm at the top of the list, which is the first week I've been at the top.  All previous weeks I've either just missed the move up or didn't try.

Just a bit of information to help put things into another perspective.

As for a contest, it's not really a contest, more like a luck fest, but the way I look at it is that it will provide me with more keys than I would have had otherwise.

Message 9 of 79 (16,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My experience:

1st League: 2nd place (fell short of a few hundred points)

2nd League: 1st place (43,000 points)

3rd League: 3rd place (close scores)

4th League: currently 39th place. I finished every big task with only 47,060 points. The top 10 is currently from 61,600-69,160 points.

Note that simcash has no effect on the task points, it can only help you do the tasks quicker. Getting a high value task is all about luck, which means these contests are just plain stupid, a waste of time and resources IMO. I don't see any point putting in dozens of hours of work to come 51st, only to win no prize?!?!

#51 in my 4th (City) League is currently 42,835 points.

My preparation for this league:

1. sold a lot of big items in Trade HQ, but didn't claim them (there's a task for making Simoleons)

2. Pre-queued 5 of each of the 2-7hr raw materials (often you're asked to produce 60, but you can only do 55 at a time)

3. Pre-produced 10 of each lengthy item like Garden Furniture, TV, Couch etc, but didn't collect (many tasks for them).

4. Built 3 new Tokyo/Paris/London zones (i'm out of space so I have to destroy my old ones).

5. stocked up on Vu parts.

6. Stocked 5 bronze/silver/gold speed-up tokens, and had 50+ token pieces available for collection (and I didn't even use 1, nor collect any!).

Sadly I didn't get many big tasks for the above list, I got several Airport tasks, but still they weren't very high value.

Even with all that effort, i'm at #39, and that will slip further over the remaining 24hrs.

Message 10 of 79 (16,115 Views)