Contest of Mayors - No. of tasks

by Invisiblez9

Original Post

Contest of Mayors - No. of tasks

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just noticed that the number of weekly Contest of Mayors takes has increased. When did this happen?

It came as a surprise after seeing 170k scores the previous week. Considering there was no mention of it in the update notes, nor much people talking about it on here.

So I understand its 60+15 in Megalopolis now? How do you all find it? It is doable?

Message 1 of 12 (1,405 Views)

Re: Contest of Mayors - No. of tasks

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 2 of 12 (1,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes it’s doable, although I didn’t finish 75 tasks because it wasn’t  needed. I could if needed to. It’s costly (buying more items in the global market) and you don’t have much time to build items to sell. I spent more than 400000 simoleons and a lot of Dr Vu’s items, Simcash than I really wanted.

This might slow down some cheaters because they have to have more tickets unless they figure out how to generate the tickets then we are back to square one.

Message 3 of 12 (1,356 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I like wars and to win the competition of mayors .... but 15 more tasks was EA's exaggeration ... I love the game ... it's a game ... so it's becoming slavery ... common people have their personal lives and jobs, they can not stay in the game all day long.

Message 4 of 12 (1,272 Views)

★★ Novice
I too love the game.
Was realy like a shock to see oll of a sudden you can now use up to 15 golden tickets.
I did however wondered when there would come a feature of how to use more golden tickets as I collected these tickets faster then I could use it.
Guess it won't take too long before everyone starts running out of these tickets making it compeditave again.
Maybe give it 6months and see how the game turns out.
Message 5 of 12 (1,250 Views)

★ Guide
Not a fan of being able to use 15 gold tickets at all. It allows those in a favourable time zone the chance to spend just one more than someone who’s asleep and pass them. I can’t stay up all night, and I can’t spend an unsustainable amount every week, so I’m left with bad choices: don’t play, or lose.
Message 6 of 12 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Novice
I agree,I’m not going to level up this week since I refuse to use up all my tickets
Message 7 of 12 (1,138 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 8 of 12 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Novice
I stopped after 3 tickets and went from 4th to 28th place
Message 9 of 12 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Managed to get promoted in the lower leagues these past few weeks without using any golden tickets. But I've a question for those who had.

Previously for the 5 golden tickets you could use, assignments came up in a repeating A-B-A-B-A order.

Is this still the case for the 15 golden tickets? Or is it completely random now?

Message 10 of 12 (1,071 Views)