Re: Club wars - Feedback

by Nobby613

Original Post

Re: War ! Huh ! What is it good for?

★★★★ Apprentice

"if you want to wage war then there are plenty of other games for you to play."
Likewise, if you don't want to wage war then there are plenty of other games for you to play.

I'm glad you spend your bonding time with your 6 year old son playing SCB.
But were you implying that Rubber Duckies, Plungers, Fans, Anvil's and Gasoline are age inappropriate for a six year old?

'Tickles' to other clubs. Really. Yeah nah.

Message 71 of 317 (1,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have played SimCity in all it's forms since it began - from my Gateway PC in the 90s to my iphone and MacBook today. Never, ever, not once, not for a moment have i ever in over twenty years of playing this game said to myself, "You know what this franchise needs? War!"  I play this game because i like building cities, not because i want to fight. There are games for that; this is not one and should not be one.

Although i am a member of a club, I have no intention of participating in this feature (which is obviously my choice) and thankfully my Club Captain doesn't seem to play often enough to have initiated any "attacks" or whatever this feature entails. Additionally, I am disappointed that the league assignments, which are difficult enough to complete or at times even attempt (particularly if your city is like mine and is highly developed with no room for expansion or upgrading new buildings without destroying existing structures) are being further diluted by having War-related assignments.  I just had to start and immediately cancel THREE such assignments because i wanted new options, severely limiting the number of assignments i could work with. It would be nice to be able to opt out of this feature all-together, or otherwise avoid it. (I guess maybe i could leave my Club, but i shouldn't have to do that to avoid this.)

I see absolutely no point of wars in Sim City. Personally, i play SimCity for the express reason that i can do it alone. I do not have to worry about someone coming in and destroying what i have spent time building. in fact, I expressly avoid and have quit playing games with similar features. Having wars, in my opinion, is antithetical to everything that makes this game great and has kept people like me playing it for decades. I will be very upset if i open my city one day to find that someone has attacked me for no reason.

Every game can not have everything. No game game should. Trying to shoehorn new-fangled features into a classic format is often a recipe for failure; otherwise known as "jumping the shark." Please keep the SimCity boat floating on the calm seas and away from war-ramps.

Thanks.

Message 72 of 317 (1,800 Views)

★ Apprentice

“Battle your way to victory and rewards with your fellow Club members against opposing Clubs in the all new real-time PvP model”

Excuse me but does this sound like a theme from a city build game or call of duty ? 

EA I am not sure what have you been smoking over there but that so called game team need to explain why the hell thay ruined perfectly good game ???

The current state of the game is  a DISASTER  

I don’t expect anyone from ea to read this or do anything about it unfortunately ,so we are stuck with this war * 

i have stopped playing CoM and I am about to leave the club ....Congratulations EA you have done it ..SHAME 

Message 73 of 317 (1,793 Views)

★★ Novice
My club president accidentally started our first war, and we as a group were largely won over. We decided to go again, and had fun w planning strategy. But, our attack phase started & for most of us each attack used 2 or 3 times as much energy as advertised, so we spent stupid amounts of time & resources to gather materials that now crowd our inventories while we wait a ridiculously long time for our mis-used energy to recharge. The cost of war items needs to be better balanced, and this apparent energy bug needs to be fixed. Pretty fed up at the moment.
Message 74 of 317 (1,785 Views)

★ Apprentice

.... the * after the war stands for a bucket of steaming pie , present from EA 

Message 75 of 317 (1,783 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After the war all damage vanishes try reading about the feature before you criticize it. Even if somebody attacks you you don't lose anything your not required to rebuild in less you want to.

Message 76 of 317 (1,768 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is a great thread and has saved me from giving EA money. Thanks. I used to play SimCity BUILDIT but dropped out because the Store mechanism was flawed and frustrating. Thought I might start again and visited Answers HQ to see how things are going. Turns out that BUILD has turned to MURDER. I will look elsewhere for a fun challenge that doesn't involve becoming a terrorist.

Message 77 of 317 (1,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Vampire_77 wrote:

1. The game has been sluggish since war was added. It is nearly unplayable at this point and it keeps causes things to open I did not intend to and jump to cities on the GTN when I am just trying to scroll.

2. I tried war games and did not like them. I came to SimCity after giving them up.

3. War does not fit into the spirit of this game. It is a square peg round hole thing. The type of people who enjoy SimCity are generally not going to like war. I personally do not want to see war of any form in the game. I have honestly considering quitting the game over it. We'll see what EA does about it.

4. I am in a very active Mayor's Club (full). With one exception, everyone hates it.

5. There are plenty of very popular war games out there that are far better implemented than this disaster that was shoe horned into BuildIt.

6. I cannot play CoM, which I like, and not do participate in war. I tried and ended up with 4 war tasks in my queue. So I am forced to do war.

7. Both clubs we have gone up against got creamed. It was actually very difficult for our club members to complete tasks against inactive clubs.

8. For those of us who did not have storage already max'd out, the additional war items are causing severe storage issues.

9. War has wrecked the economy on the GTN. I dread attempting to get a Epic building to gold after this.

10. The war supplies implementation is frustrating and expensive. I can rarely find the items I need and it is wrecking my cities economy.

In summary, the war updates sucks, the mechanics are awful, it has wrecked economy and trade, it makes the game almost unplayable, and with isolated exceptions, everyone HATES it!

I realize EA probably invested a lot of money this. But, we don't want it and it needs to go.

Please just remove it.

You make some excellent points, all of which I agree with.

The clincher for me is point 1. and the device i am using is only about 2 years old from new. Unless there is a serious update to address performance issues (amongst other things) the game will become too frustrating and stressful to play.

My guess is that EA wont bother doing anything about this until they see their revenue dropping off a cliff. Then they may give some feedback on our feedback. 

Message 78 of 317 (1,726 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can anyone confirm if I leave my club will I still get war missions in the mayoral competition?

Message 79 of 317 (1,807 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi

To take part in wars you must be in a club so my guess would be no . Mind you it’s EA we talking about here so everything is possible.

This game doesn’t make any sense any more 

Message 80 of 317 (1,785 Views)