Re: Club wars - Feedback

by ryoden11

Original Post

★ Novice

I am totally upset with the kit since i get attacked and my city destroyed by wars which i have not triggered. It i s not even possible to leave my club or to exclude people from the club (i have privileges to)since this club wars update. That is absolutely not acceptable. At least it should be possible to leave the club so the people who take decision to make war can face consequences among their own team. Also it is not acceptable i get involved in conflicts and my coin towers destroyed for things i have not triggered. Anyonce citys should remain read only from others!

Message 51 of 317 (1,748 Views)

Re: War ! Huh ! What is it good for?

★★★ Newbie
I am with you. I dont play all those "war" games because of the wolf pack mentality they promote.
Message 52 of 317 (1,709 Views)

Re: War ! Huh ! What is it good for?

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm bored of just COM'ing each week, so I like War.
Yes, I want to 'kill' my opponents (read: destroy their buildings). 
You can 'rebuild' these buildings afterwards. You said you like to build, right?

Look, I don't like making international buildings. Could SCB remove the airport and international building options from the game?
You'd tell me I can choose to not build international buildings or complete cargo deliveries.

I could reply 'I have to produce international buildings and make cargo deliveries to be competitive in COM."

You'd reply; that's just part of the game.

Yet if I respond similarly about War - you'll still complain, bicker and argue about it being unfair, against 'your life philosophy' and that it shouldn't be a part of the game.

Message 53 of 317 (1,704 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am a VP in an active traders club. Since the club wars have started, we are unable to remove inactive members from our club. I understand the need to have a consistent roster for the duration of the war, however, we have members that got stuck when one of our seniors went rogue and started a war. Some of the mayors in the club have even been stealing supplies when posted for other players through trade and the VPs have no way to remove the offending mayor. There has to be some way to deal with this issue.

Also, I don’t understand why seniors can start wars in the first place. A war is a 48+ hour commitment which seems like a lot of responsibility for the senior who can’t even control who is in their club.

While I am not a fan of the club wars for many of the reasons already stated by other members in the forum (unfair matching of clubs, storage limits, card system, difficulty getting specific war items, etc), I really don’t like that it is going on at the same time as the CoM. There is enough involved with the contest, the wars don’t need to be at the same time. Alternate the CoM with the Wars so war peacetime is another round of CoM and in the downtime between CoM events, you could have a war. This doesn’t have you scrambling and trying to do everything at the same time.
Message 54 of 317 (1,737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi all. As a long time player of SimCity BuildIt. I would like to echo many of the comments on this forum and on Facebook regarding the new Club Wars feature. I enjoy this game for the fact that, up until now anyway, it is not a wargame, and that the whole idea is to build and create rather than to destroy and fight. This feature is just not necessary and I think it is a misguided idea that does not understand the game's players. People who want war games download war games. Having said that, I had decided just to ignore this feature entirely and get on with more peaceful activities, such as the Mayoral Challenge. However, I am now being forced to either complete war assignments or I cannot get maximum Plumbob points. Please, EAGames, remove war assignments from the Mayoral Challenge, and ensure that those of us that don't want to participate in destroying other people's cities don't have to. I also have serious concerns that you recently supported a U.K. charity which allows disabled gamers to play video games. Do you not realise that war causes disabilities and suffering across the world? Your game improvements are hypocritical and crass to say the least. Thanks for listening. Guildm20

Message 55 of 317 (1,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@guildm20

I'm bored of just COM'ing each week, so I like War.
Its non-violent, and more of a 'battle' than 'war'. Also, y
ou can 'rebuild' these buildings afterwards.

Look, I understand what you're saying - I don't like making international buildings. If we remove War can we also request SCB remove the airport and international building options from the game?
You'd tell me I can 'choose' to not build international buildings or complete cargo deliveries.

I could reply 'I have to produce international buildings and make cargo deliveries to be competitive in COM."

You'd reply; that's just part of the game.

Yet if I respond similarly about War - you'll still complain, bicker and argue about it being unfair, against 'your life philosophy' and that it shouldn't be a part of the game.

Message 56 of 317 (1,698 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hate the new club war, it completely destroyed any chance of my winning the mayors competition by throwing in as the top scoring mission the following mission.  "Get 1000 war points"

Now to do this I not only had to gather a massive amount of random materials, which wasn't possible in the time frame while also trying to prep for other missions (bearing in mind you have to wait at least 24 hours to start this mission if it comes up at the wrong time and you can't pay to speed it up either), just have a chance to complete this mission.  So it seems like you have no choice but to leave your club if you want to just play the normal competition, unless they all agree not to play it.

Please remove war specific missions from the normal competition list.

Message 57 of 317 (1,693 Views)

★★★★ Novice

From reading some of the other responses you may still get these missions even if you are not in a war which is completely insane.  If this is the case and it's not changed then I see no point in continuing and I will be quitting.

Message 58 of 317 (1,690 Views)

★★ Novice

1. The game has been sluggish since war was added. It is nearly unplayable at this point and it keeps causes things to open I did not intend to and jump to cities on the GTN when I am just trying to scroll.

2. I tried war games and did not like them. I came to SimCity after giving them up.

3. War does not fit into the spirit of this game. It is a square peg round hole thing. The type of people who enjoy SimCity are generally not going to like war. I personally do not want to see war of any form in the game. I have honestly considering quitting the game over it. We'll see what EA does about it.

4. I am in a very active Mayor's Club (full). With one exception, everyone hates it.

5. There are plenty of very popular war games out there that are far better implemented than this disaster that was shoe horned into BuildIt.

6. I cannot play CoM, which I like, and not do participate in war. I tried and ended up with 4 war tasks in my queue. So I am forced to do war.

7. Both clubs we have gone up against got creamed. It was actually very difficult for our club members to complete tasks against inactive clubs.

8. For those of us who did not have storage already max'd out, the additional war items are causing severe storage issues.

9. War has wrecked the economy on the GTN. I dread attempting to get a Epic building to gold after this.

10. The war supplies implementation is frustrating and expensive. I can rarely find the items I need and it is wrecking my cities economy.

In summary, the war updates sucks, the mechanics are awful, it has wrecked economy and trade, it makes the game almost unplayable, and with isolated exceptions, everyone HATES it!

I realize EA probably invested a lot of money this. But, we don't want it and it needs to go.

Please just remove it.

Message 59 of 317 (1,691 Views)

★ Guide

I have a question for all those who complain about not wanting to destroy cities: what do you do about Vu disasters?  Have all of you refused to upgrade your Vu tower?  Do you avoid Vu assignments during the Contest of Mayors?  If not, it seems more than a bit inconsistent to complain about how this is a building game and not a destruction game.  Because there is already a component of the game that involves destroying.  Yet you get to re-build... is that not what you like to do?  Build?

Message 60 of 317 (1,680 Views)