Re: Club wars - Feedback

by richieluv76

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

come on guys, whats the problem here, club wars isnt a compulsory part of the game, unlike contest of mayors, personally i dont like the fact that the only way to get platinum keys is through CoM, but club wars can be ignored easily, either dont be a member of a club or get your club president to agree that your club wont compete in wars

i'd love to have a go at club wars but my club doesnt have enough members to be able to enter

Message 11 of 317 (4,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree! There are plenty of war games already out there, if that's what you want then go get one and play it. Leave this alone! REMOVE THIS FEATURE OR LOSE THE MONEY I PAY YOU EVERY MONTH! If others agree, please please let your voice be heard! NO VIOLENCE, NO WAR!
Message 12 of 317 (4,394 Views)

★★★ Novice

I love this intriguing idea! But beware that it is annoying that your club pres only has the option to start a war especially when he is partially inactive.

Message 13 of 317 (4,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There are many faults to the war.

Our opponent club have 18 members but only 3-5 does attacks, most don't repair, leaving shield on all day. We can't do any attack. Even worst when it's tie to CoM, can't launch attack, can't attack till their shield up. Are we suppose to be up 24/7 to watch when their shield is down so we can attack???

War is too long, prep time 12 hours, war time 36 hours, 45 hours cool down after that. How are we suppose to do any CoM war assignment during cool down time?

It is easy to win the war, just do nothing, don't repair for 36 hours like our opponent did; the other club will stuck with load of wars items, can't attack, can't do war related CoM assignments. 

War is not fun because of unbalance. The club with more actives members always have an advantage, those members with more simoleon and time will have an edge. Cities with 70+ buildings doesn't care 10 buildings are damaged, doesn't affect them. Lower level cities with 20-30 buildings won't have simoleons and resources to constantly repair and collect war items. 

The system forced everyone to join war via CoM assignment but there are no punishment for not repairing war damage. It's punish the players who play attack but got nothing to attack.

Some of our members already saying they will leave the game all together. The war is going to turn players away.

It also create competition among club members fight for war points. Not good!

This is just not fun anymore... no War please!!! This is a city building game, we can just to play Final Fantasy if we want war game.

Message 14 of 317 (4,356 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not a fan. I downloaded this game because I have always loved the SimCity franchise and I've been playing my city for quite a while. I like the challenge of building a good city. If I wanted a war game I would have downloaded final fantasy or some such rubbish that is always advertised in this game. Get back to core business and look at the suggestions of devoted players to improve the game. Don't go off on weird unrelated tangents that players of this genre don't want. The mayors club isn't even working properly. Get the trading between members working more effectively and improve communication if you want this to be a more social game. If this update affects core gameplay too much you've lost a player.

Message 15 of 317 (4,338 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Actually club vice presidents and senior members can also initiate wars. 

Message 16 of 317 (4,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi....just wanted to let you know what I think about the update. I'm the president of the club and have entered my club into the war. Now I'm concerned that some members will not like this considering it can interfere with the CoM. I have to say I'm not a big pvp gamer and if I was I wouldn't be playing this game. The CoM is about a PvP as I really want to be in this game. I can deal with buildings being demolished but, if it causes me to get stuck in the CoM I will be upset. Not to mention being forced to skip tasks that are club war related because I don't have the right materials. I have enough inventory issues as it is, now I have to stock war items too?. The war inventory should be a different storage space. I'm sorry this just isn't something I'm looking for in this game.
Message 17 of 317 (4,284 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The tutorial was not thorough enough, and neither were the videos I found on YouTube. I'm now getting contest challenges that I don't understand. For example, what's the difference between "Collect War Items" and "Do War Deliveries"? On the War Supplies window, it says "complete war deliveries to get war items". So If I get the desired regular items and pack them I get a reward of a war item. It seems that the process is completing a war delivery, and the result is collecting war items. So is this two ways of saying exactly the same thing? I get how to "launch attacks in club wars", but not "shield opponents from attacks". I know that if a city is hit hard enough it will be shielded. Can a city shield itself? Can we shield a city without attacking? Can I attack a city someone else has attacked and get credit for it when that city's shield goes up? How many times to I need to launch an attack on a city before its shield goes up? I wouldn't have a problem gradually learning these things by trial and error, but these are contest challenges that I have to do right now and there's no explanation. Help!

Message 18 of 317 (4,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was just trying to learn more about it, but because of how the game takes you from one speech balloon to the next without giving you the option of going back, I managed to get my club involved in a war that we don't want! We're still in the preparation phase, can we cancel this stupid war?

Message 19 of 317 (4,240 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Community Managers,

I started this post yesterday because my wife accidently updated all apps on her iPad, which included the update for SimCity Buildit.

You really have to go to bat for us on this one.

This game was a peaceful game when it was started back in December 2014. Some what as a stress reliever because our success was based on one thing: our own abilities. No one could say we are a bad mayor, we played this game against ourselves. We alone were responsible for our city planning, growth and success. Kind of like self gratification, look at my beautiful city, look at what I have accomplished by being creative with the specialized buildings, parks and so on.

Now EA had turned this game in to a brutal competition against other players, in the form of unhealthy war. Packed with stress now because of the fear of losing.

EA really needs to take a look around at the American Veterans that are coming home after being in war. They will tell you the real truth about war. War is not something that is a game, in real life it hurts.

Like I said above you really need to back us on this one and take this awful, unnecessary feature out of this game.

sm-t701

Message 20 of 317 (4,235 Views)