Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

by Invisiblez9

Original Post

Re: Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

★ Guide
I think it's time to calm down and stop complaining about everything EA does. Not only you guys are in this situation - we all are! Also other people, who competing with you in your saison. So, if not this week, so next one - it's not a big deal! It's actually just a game Standard smile

I am personally just curious and excited what's coming next week, that's really interesting. Standard smile New Desaster cards? What do you think?
Message 31 of 51 (733 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, overall, EA remains on my top preferences as a game provider .

I practically grew up with the Sims and SimCity franchises and played all versions !

This is actually the thought I came back to, when this specific game plays with my nerves Standard smile

So, no, this is not specifically about EA.

I think it was more related on HOW this specific update was handled.

I accepted already the other small mistakes or inconsistencies of this game. I understand also the business concept behind it. Everything needs to be aligned to market trend

We don't know what was actually inside when decision was taken.

But being a programmer on my own, my personal perception is this update was handled like a "not my job" thing.

It's obvious that a minimum required care of what other areas could be affected and what could be done to minimize the impact was practically not done. No countermeasure, nothing.

Sorry, but if i was the programmer here, my manager would have had a word with me immediately first hour in the morning, and I would not possible come with the excuse: "It was just an update", uuah, "we don't have wars anymore".

As a game played by million of players, even if it's free (which by the way, is not - because if you want to ascend into Megalopolis, you also invested some of your money), this is not acceptable.

You need to take care of every little step, test it thoroughly, take into consideration what other areas are affected, and also, INFORM before you remove this feature.

If there is a problem with cheaters, ban them.

If you don't have people to do all this job, "hire" some players who want to volunteer Standard smile

And so on... there are always solutions.

But don't come in front with a "not my job" thing.

Message 32 of 51 (727 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are absolutely right. As a software architect I assure you that when a major update is released it must be carefully desined and even more carefully deployed. Smaller inconveniences are absolutely allowed, however we should be able to handle major risks and prevent serious issues. It is really ignorant and innacceptable to ruin the game experience of a lot of players. Nevertheless, I hope this update is really worth it. 

Message 33 of 51 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Now, to answer your question what I think it will be next

I am not really excited about wars, and as a result, cannot contribute with too much imagination on the topic, but the club I am part of is really excited about it

So I play more with a contributer role.

Just from my experience: if a War is taking place in the same time with the CoM - especially on higher leagues, most of the time you cannot perform on both fronts with good results. You need to choose one and stay focused.

I personally choose to stay more present in CoM , because prizes are higher and I am doing pretty good with time management Standard smile. And, until the current Contest, I have always won something in first 4 positions :D

But , if I am lucky and obtain some War items, I also attack.

Noticed that obtaining of War cards is a slow process (of course!). As such, either will be entered new cards with this update, well, it will take a while to play with them Standard smile 

What I would like to see in a war:

- being in the bubble take a lot of space on my tablet with that blue frame around. On my phone is non-existent. I would like the phone version 

- i like seeing movies of attack (freak, I know), but i dont like the fact that it returns to your city afterwards. I would rather remain in the war panel. 

- you cannot see the roles of your opponents until War Log button is active. I would like to attack the President for instance Standard smile

- people complain about cheaters. if thats the case, well, than it would be good to identify and ban them 

- prizes are low . The club one and also the personal ones.

One of my club member who did around 14000 points in the last war complained all of personal boxes were just simoleons :D

Message 34 of 51 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Hi @rotaly and thanks for answer.

I understand your point Standard smile

I think club wars is great featur, especially for all those players, who have built their cities long time ago and there is basically nothing to do any more.

I personally manage to play wars as well as CoM in the same time. But I am in a super active club, so we all get lots of help from other members. Last Monday I actually won the megalopolis league for the very first time and I play SimCity build since it has been released (2014 I think?). 😁

By the way, you CAN see the role of the opponent also before the attacking phase. Just click on the "i"

I would wish some updates in war:

- staying under the shield for 18 hours max. After 18 hours the shield should be removed automatically

- it would be a good feature to play against friends clubs. So we could choose the club we want to have war with (perhaps without ELO ranking, just a friendship match).

- the prizes in the chests should be Desaster cards only. I don't want to get 42 simcash or 10.000 simoleons for 16k in the war

I guess, in two days we know what's coming Standard smile

Best of luck
Gm
Message 35 of 51 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, War topic come as something new.

Well, i'm not so old in this game, just since last year, so I understand your point too Standard smile

Thank you also for the tips 

The shield fact - I have noticed of course being used as a strategy for avoidance. So I think is a good idea to put a time limit. 

The friends topic I admit I haven't figured it out. I am connected with my Google account, so not possible to have a friends list of my own (or could be?)

But for sure if I play against a friends club, I would be more motivated. :D

Yes, Desaster cards are the one you look for when a war is finished. And currently so slow to obtain..

I would like to get Simcash , but 42 is somewhat low for the overall effort the club is spending. 

Also, i would like Platinum Keys to be offered in higher number when you win. In such way, you have more opportunities to obtain them , not only via CoM

And not to forget one important, from which this topic was actually generated:

I would like a synchronization between CoM War assignments and the Club Wars:

- if a War is just finished at my end, don't populate my tasks list with two assignments of highest points values of War type.

This will force me to do lower tasks, or wait (that in the best case) 24 hours until the next War will start (11 hours until approval + 11-12 h preparation, if im not wrong).

In context of Megalopolis league, you need to do an average of 10 tasks/day. So, practically, my chances to reach a place up are immediately becoming lower .

- if I cancel a War task, is because my club cannot handle War at the moment. Don't immediately generate it again, and even with higher value

- last , but not least, you cannot force a club to start War, you need everyone's agreement. This is one thing I don't really  like, you have a strong dependency to your club in a context in which is expected you should tasks on your own, that's a paradox :P .

So, would be nice to have alternatives to 3000 points War tasks in the same list, tasks with the same value! Standard smile

I think everyone has noticed that there are very rare cases to have two tasks with 3000 value in your list. I bet on anything that algorithm is implemented in such way that this 3k task is holding the place of the next one with the same value So once you got this one, and no possibility to do it, you are screwed, if you want to reach top 5 of course Standard smile

On short, some kind of logic between this two would be really nice. 

Message 36 of 51 (690 Views)

★ Guide
I totally agree with that point - two weeks ago I got "war tasks" 3 times during the week, and as our club agreed to have a war-free week, I landed on the 9th position in the metropolis league.... So actually it would be better, if we'd get war tasks only if the club participate in the war.

Friends: I think since there are clubs, it's not so important to be connected with your friends via Facebook (what we did in the past). Now you guys can play in the same club, which is fun Standard smile

We'll see what's coming next week Standard smile Big surprise Standard smile
Message 37 of 51 (672 Views)

Re: CoM: Club War assignments when Club War is disabled?!?

★★★★★ Apprentice
I saw that and I had 4 war assignments too(10k points). EA sadly missed that. BOI
Message 38 of 51 (620 Views)

Re: CoM: Club War assignments when Club War is disabled?!?

★★★★★ Apprentice
I agree too, but for the warriors of SimCity Buildit, It is an extra way of Points.
Message 39 of 51 (625 Views)

Re: Why did you turn off war now!

★★★★★ Apprentice
EA. This looks like the game is not getting new players
Message 40 of 51 (677 Views)