Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

by Invisiblez9

Original Post

Re: Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

★★★ Novice

I canceled a 2000-point war delivery assignment, and it was replaced with a 3000-point delivery assignment. I can’t cancel twice and have a good chance of making top 10. (I am going for Mega.)  So I think I have to wait yet another round to go for it. I can’t afford to blow through my Vu stockpile and fall short. 

Message 11 of 51 (1,789 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can perfectly understand

I would do the same in this situation. 

As a rule, i usually dont cancel the 2000 tasks, because you can switchto others and make instead those close to 2000 points.

But 3000 tasks can really held the place of other 3000 tasks

Message 12 of 51 (1,411 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. 3k points task that is impossible to do.

Worst, I'm in 1st place of megalopolis with a good chance to win it, or had a good chance.

I sent a complaint in game and their response was to say that they suspended wars. Well, we know that... That's the whole reason I was complaining and it was literally the first thing I said in the complaint.

It's useless to complaint but I will keep sending them message until they are sick of me. They are probably costing me a 1st place in megalopolis!

Message 13 of 51 (1,403 Views)

CoM: Club War assignments when Club War is disabled?!?

★★★ Novice

Last Thursday an in-game message from EA announced that 'for the coming 4 days, no Club Wars will be possible'. Although that's a pity, I can understand that every now and then an update or maintenance requires this kind of thing. So, until Monday morning it will not be possible to start a Club War. Let that be.

What I cannot understand is that during this period, there will appear war assignments in CoM?!? I currently have 2 of those assignments (6000 pts total) and by no means am able to play them. As a result I am forced to play assignments with less points. And as a result, my position in CoM will become worse.

EA: please remove these assigments and replace them with equal value assignments. It does not make sense to hand out war assignments when war is not possible. I cannot imagin that I'm the only player who gets frustrated. My recommendation: if you disable club war, also disable war assignments in CoM!

Message 14 of 51 (1,351 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have written as well to Game Contact and assigned a ticket

My proposal sent to them is to recover at least one assignment for the affected users who had 3k assignment in their list. 

For the current ones, the most correct solution would be to replace them

I am curious if an answer will be received

Wish you the best in the assignments left !

Message 15 of 51 (1,347 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

everyone is in that situation so seems ok,don't know why you are so upset about it, hopefully they will implement some good changes to war

Message 16 of 51 (1,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You are right, one should not stay so much upset around this topic. After all, is just a game... And everyone will resign and will handle it with acceptance Standard smile

I was also thinking everyone is in the same situation... On the other hand, need to think as well some might have been lucky not to have these type of tasks in their assignments list, or some may have performed them before cancel was announced being lucky to have a war going on in their club. So, situation become somehow unbalanced in the contest, if it hadnt been already. Especially for the users who were about to start a war and perform those tasks. 

The situation IS frustrating, because once you reach Megalopolis league, round 2, in a ethical and correct way, you played some time around and did some good time management (balancing your life with the game tasks Standard smile ). And you are also competitive user. Prizes are not low, you earn some good sim cash and some platinum keys. Thats all about

But thats life. Sometimes is just a matter of luck. Standard smile

Message 17 of 51 (1,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sure, but imagine this; you are  with other people cooking a lovely dinner, putting an effort. You are all ready to savour the meal that you cooked. It's an amazing meal, it came out really well, due to a mix of lucky ingredients and your cooking skill. Now someone comes along and randomly spits in some (but not all) of the dishes, I think its reasonable to be upset with the spitter.

So, sure. It's easy to say you are in the same situation than me, but maybe it was not your plate that got spit on, and maybe you are not losing a 1st place in Megalopolis. You might not even have ever been close to that so you don't understand what it is to have a really good dish in front of you and some $#%@##%^^ comes along and ruins it...

But sure, lets just hope that its great improvements to the game from people that could have easily prevented these issues but did not care enough to do so. Maybe...

Message 18 of 51 (1,314 Views)

★ Expert

Ah grasshopper, you’re a fine student and your culinary reference was most entertaining...then you had to go and let someone spit in it (make sure you check the guest list closer next time) Standard smile

Smile, everyone is faced with the same challenge...perhaps you would have won, perhaps you still will. Yes, the timing could have been handled better but there are so many moving parts that whenever it takes place someone isn’t going to be happy...and that’s ok. Let’s hope whatever changes occur will be positive. Keep plugging away, you still can win! Take care.

Message 19 of 51 (1,298 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

my guess is that most of the people who cires most would not win anyway as it is going from probability not just me beaing meanWink

this is not the first com season and not the last

Message 20 of 51 (1,278 Views)