Re: Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

by Sky-Beograd

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Had to cancel 3 Club War tasks so far, so that’s 8,000 points (3,000 + 2,000 + 3,000) wasted.

While it’s only a game and no big deal in the grand scheme of things, I can’t help but feel a little disappointed to be handicapped like this. Am currently 2nd in Megalopolis on 95,000 with 8 assignments (including golden tickets) remaining. With a typical mix of 1,600 to 2,000 point tasks, I reckon I can max out around 108,000. 

The leader is on 115,000 currently. Perhaps he’s lucky not to get any Club War tasks. Wish I was able to get that extra 8,000 points and give him a good run for the money.

Burned through a lot of Vu items and SimCash (for speeding up deliveries) to get this far, so it’s very disheartening. Like how some of you put in time and money in Club Wars, only for that to be rendered pointless by cheaters.

It certainly could be handled better. I cannot imagine how any game developer worth his salt, did not foresee such a scenario happening. 

Why not wait just one more week till the CoM season finishes, to suspend Club Wars and implement the fix? Issues have been ongoing so long, an extra week wouldn’t be world-ending. Or better yet, why not tweak the CoM to prevent it spawning Club War-related tasks?

Am not going to lose any sleep over this, and will go again next week. Just putting this out there in the very slim hope that EA can avoid doing this again in the future.

Message 41 of 51 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Had to cancel 3 Club Wars tasks so far, so that’s 8,000 possible points gone.

Currently 2nd in Megalopolis with 95,000 and 8 tasks remaining. Reckon I can max out around 108,000 at best. The leader has 115,000, so I guess he must be very lucky not to get many Club War assignments. Just wished I was able to earn that extra 8,000 and give myself a better chance at it.

Of course, it’s only a game and no big deal. I’ll go again next week. But can’t help but feel a little disheartened and disappointed to be handicapped in such a way. Especially after putting in time and effort to get here, and burning through a lot of Vu items and SimCash (for speeding up deliveries).

It certainly can be handled better. There’s just one more week till the CoM season ends. Why not wait until then to suspend Club Wars and implement the fix? Issues have been ongoing so long, I doubt another week would have been world-ending. Or better yet, why not tweak the CoM to prevent it from spawning Club War related tasks during this period? 

It’s something so simple, I cannot fathom why how any game developer worth his salt did not foresee it.

Message 42 of 51 (602 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree or these point should be awarded having in mind the following:

• that other CoM participants could have earned easy points before all wars have been stopped thus keeping the playing field leveled 
  • many players had more than enough war items on stock to complete the task

I have contacted EA support with the same points and have received the following reply from Adnan:

"Hi Mayor,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In preparation for the update coming out early next week, starting a new war is disabled for the next few days. This ensures that nobody will be half way through an active war when the new Club Wars content becomes available.

Please keep an eye out in game for more information about the upcoming content!

Thank you for your continued support of the game, we truly appreciate it and hope you have fun with all the awesome cool new things we have coming your way.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-General/bd-p/SimCity_BuildIt_General_Discussion"

Which was no help at all, and thus has received the appropriate feedback from my part.

Message 43 of 51 (540 Views)

★ Expert

My best suggestion is to move on and let go...could have, would have and should have are all speculative and while interesting to ponder have no merit. I understand your frustration but let’s keep things in proper perspective. Everyone was faced with the same challenge and everyone assumes they would have won if handled better (ok maybe not everybody). Your suggestion would actually punish those who were clever enough to work around the obstacle faced and found another less traveled path to success.

My recommendation to EA would be to extend the season an additional week to provide an opportunity for folks that might have been adversely impacted that didn’t advance an opportunity to do so. Beyond that, it’s just noise...if you were actually capable of winning last week you will be this week, and think of all those war supplies you carried forward.

Message 44 of 51 (518 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Pinnacle Valley - Uh no.. just no dude.  Everyone should be psst off, not only was it inconsiderate for them to do it during the middle of COM, they didn't even factor in that without WAR, a lot of manufactured goods sold daily on the ever useless Global trade will come to a "HALT" and it did.   nice try in attempting to sugarcoat it. 

Everyone should be pssst off at this update, and it doesn't look very promising and enticing go figure.

Message 45 of 51 (507 Views)

Impossible Mayor Challenges.

★ Novice
I seen an issue over the update that was completely unfair. During the war update for 4 days I received a few war mayor challenges. In the future please disable challenges that are impossible to achieve due to updates that prevent us from achieving them.
Message 46 of 51 (496 Views)

Re: Contest Of Mayors randomizing War Assignments, especially when War not possi

★★★★ Apprentice
I don’t have an airport yet as I can never get 80000 extra simpletons to build it. I am level 30. The highest tasks I had were all Tokyo Town or War related. At one point I had 9 assignments of the 15 on my board that were airport or war. And I have spent 77000 simoleans and have only been able to update Omega Buildings twice so those tasks are impossible too.
Message 47 of 51 (475 Views)

Re: Contest Of Mayors randomizing War Assignments, especially when War not possi

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Airport and VU tower are important for CoM. And not only this, you earn good items and golden keys

I don't remember which level i had when building the airport, but also struggled a bit to get all the money.

Well, my advice is not to give up, and try not to spend too much. Produce, produce, and collect money. 

In my perspective it pays off to build both, even if expensive. And then chances increase to do CoM tasks, and from the contest you also earn great money. So can be seen like an investment 

Message 48 of 51 (467 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PinnacleValleywrote:

My best suggestion is to move on and let go...could have, would have and should have are all speculative and while interesting to ponder have no merit. I understand your frustration but let’s keep things in proper perspective. Everyone was faced with the same challenge and everyone assumes they would have won if handled better (ok maybe not everybody). Your suggestion would actually punish those who were clever enough to work around the obstacle faced and found another less traveled path to success.

My recommendation to EA would be to extend the season an additional week to provide an opportunity for folks that might have been adversely impacted that didn’t advance an opportunity to do so. Beyond that, it’s just noise...if you were actually capable of winning last week you will be this week, and think of all those war supplies you carried forward.

For my side, while disappointing, it's no big deal and I'll just try again. However, I felt it was important to bring attention to the problem. Because only by acknowledging that a problem exists, can one take steps to remedy and ensure it does not repeat again.

It's been said that CoM tasks are pretty random. Different people get different tasks. On its own, that's fine for me (luck of the draw). But combine that with giving people tasks they cannot do, then there's a problem. The winner in my segment finished with 115,000. Pretty sure he didn't get that many impossible tasks as most of us did - unless there's a way of ignoring a 3,000 pointer, doing a 1,200 pointer and have it spawn a second 3,000 pointer - which I do not know of.

By the end, I had 5 Club Wars related tasks. That's 13,000 points (3 x 3,000 and 2 x 2,000) which I had no way of earning. Now, I'm not saying getting those would have given me the win. Not at all. Merely that it would have given me a better chance. It's definitely a 'what if', but if the update was better thought through, the doubt would not arise to begin with.

The developers could have announced the disruption in advance. So people would know not to bother with that particular week. But it came right in the middle of it, when me and many others have put in time and effort to complete many tasks already, and also used up Vu items and SimCash. And suddenly, all that is rendered pointless.

Am not losing any sleep over it. All I hope for is that, if there are future disruptions like this, give some advance notice and do it before or after CoM weeks/seasons.

Message 49 of 51 (448 Views)

★ Expert

Hi Invisiblez9,

Thanks for your response and I understand and share your frustration and certainly wasn’t making light of anyone’s situation. I recognize the effort put into CoM and really wish the situation had been handled more professionally, but it wasn’t. How you move forward is the measure of a person, one can choose to wallow in self pity and be perturbed or they can lace up their boots and jump right back into it. I know this is of little comfort but perhaps the 115k was put up by someone taking liberties with the game...last week 2 folks shared a mayor put up 113k in a day which is virtually impossible without significant shortcuts and I imagine they won a trip to the dark side. Good luck to you this week.

Completely unrelated, when I stepped into this thread a song popped into my brain and I just can’t pull the title. It’s by Lynard Skynard and it’s not Free Bird (I love the guitar medley, seems to go on for 3 weeks but never lasts long enough), or Sweet Home Alabama or Gimme Three Steps...I can see the late Ronnie Van Zant signing it right now...it starts with “Whiskey bottles, brand new cars...oak tree you in my way...” It just hit me and I realize now why it popped into my brain. Sorry, for those that don’t know Skynard was a Southern Rock band from the late 70’s that still has merit today.

Message 50 of 51 (848 Views)