Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

by Invisiblez9

Original Post

Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi fellow mayors, just got an in-game update saying that Club Wars had been suspended for 4 days for improvements.

Which is great news on its own, but unfortunately, I also had a ‘Launch 3 Attacks in Club Wars’ task for 3,000 points in the Contest of Mayors.

My club had just completed a war and was in the cooling down period. Since there’s just over 3 days left in the season, and 4 days till Club Wars restart, that CoM task is now one that is impossible to do.

It leaves me in a dilemma - should I start the task and cancel it, so that it’ll spawn other high points tasks (but forfeiting 1 task, leaving me with a maximum of 54 including using golden tickets)?

Or leave this task alone, go for the next highest points task (1,600 points) and hope it’ll give me another 2,000 or 3,000 point task alongside the existing one? Haven’t played this game as long as most of you have, so would to get some of your input on the probability of this happening.

I’m currently in Megalopolis league and know it is extremely competitive. Finished 2nd in my first attempt at this level last week (behind the winner about 3,000+ points) and thought about giving it a good go this time, using some of the SimCash i won. Now the handicap of being able to do a maximum of 54 tasks only, is putting me in two minds.

So my other questions are - has anyone ever won Megalopolis doing less than the maximum 55 possible tasks? And if you were in my position, what would you do? 

Message 1 of 51 (3,317 Views)

Re: Club Wars suspended - CoM tasks?

★★★ Novice

Do you know how this affects wars in progress?

Message 2 of 51 (3,236 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am in exact same situation—very pissed at EA right now. I already canceled a 2000 points war delivery—and it was replaced by 3000-points war delivery assignment. Terrible planning on EA’s part.

Message 3 of 51 (3,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

My COM round is ruined.

Message 4 of 51 (3,188 Views)

Contest Of Mayors randomizing War Assignments, especially when War not possible

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This one got on my nerves this week during Contest of Mayors which started this Wednesday and I feel like sharing it

Lets say club I belong was at war until Wednesday afternoon this week

During this time Contest of Mayors started and i began fulfilling the assignments.

It is about Megalopolis league, round 2.

I had high spirits after taking Grand Prize in round 1, which, lets say, worth it the time and, and especially because it was challenging. 

As most of us already experienced, you need to be really careful with what tasks you choose and what type of time management you process with, in order to get a good score, and if you want to be among the 5 positions. Anyway, from my experience, not canceling an assignment can turn out to be really important. It can make the difference between you and the one who is after you at a difference of only 30 points, and I know what I'm saying.

Well, it seems stars have not aligned this week. Or is it a bad programming issue? 

I've seen hundreds of times the topic about including War assignments in Contest of Mayors and a lot of users complaining about it. Well, to me this complain have some truth.

There are clubs who do not take wars. And those who do, well, is normal to be a common agreement from everyone before starting a war.

You cannot start or request a war just because you have some assignments on your contest list to be made. Maybe the other don't have, or maybe the others don't want a war right now. This to me looks like forcing others for your own interest.

Now lets come back to my problem. 

So it was Wednesday, just finished a war in my club and I was close to completing an assignment. I told myself I should wait before the War is over to complete the tasks.

My programmer mind thought: because a war assignment with high value may appear after detecting maybe war is currently active.

Guess what, this is exactly what happened. The second Assignment of 2000 points (about war deliveries) appears in place of first 2000 points assignment which just completed. 

Great, I said. Now I have to convince club I'm in to start a war soon. As I don't like canceling one high points Assignment, because of reason mentioned up.

I continued with lower points tasks, in order to discover soon  a new 3000 points Assignment, this type about Launching attack in Club Wars.

Great! 2 War assignments in one day, just when War just finished !  

Well, in great disappointment, i decided to take the 3000 points task and cancel it, with the risk that it came , to not have a high score in the end. 

It was yesterday, Thursday, that after some time completing some 1500-2000 points tasks, and eagerly waiting for at least one of 3000 points, that a new surprise came:

The same 3000 points task about War Attacks to appear again! Great job !

This time, when task appeared for the second time I thought.. Well, lets wait another evening, and instead of doing lower points tasks, wait for my Club opinion.

I launched the question in the morning, some would have want, some not, when, new Mail arrived: For 4 days, Club Wars are suspended ! 

So this week, my Contest is compromised and currently my frustration is very very big

Later Edit: it was generated again, 3rd time

However, I got an honorable 10th place for the moment Standard smile 

Message 5 of 51 (2,413 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 6 of 51 (3,160 Views)

★ Apprentice

A correct way would have been for the War tasks to be REPLACED by tasks of the same points, and announcing this by email. Of course, not the ones which already started

Including of War tasks into CoM have always been a bad and unproper idea, but this time I bet really pissed off a lot of users. 

I just canceled both War tasks right after they announced by message. So frustrating, because I was in exact context like you. 

Message 7 of 51 (3,159 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seems like anyone with half a brain could have anticipated this problem. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the suspension. Deeply stupid.

Message 8 of 51 (3,126 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree that it was always a bad idea to have war tasks as part of COM.

Message 9 of 51 (3,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It seems my post describing a similar situation and for which i gave a link up has been marked as spam. Great!

Related to you thinking of canceling the task:

I was in a similar situation in previous Megalopolis contest, and because no war was possible in my club I canceled the task. It was Launch Attack in club wars, of 3000 points. I continue with my other high points assignments and the 4 tickets and won 3rd place. Pretty good for one canceled task

I followed the same approach this contest, and cancel it. My club just finished a war, no resources.... So we need to take a break.

but guess what: the same task was "randomly" generated again some hours before they announced canceling the wars.

As i described in my "spammed" message, this pissed me off.

Wish you good luck with the rest of assignments, i do think you still have a chance to get Top 3 (me not anymore, so have a win for me too) 

Message 10 of 51 (3,106 Views)