Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

★★★ Newbie
The new updates are fine. This not attacking business is for the birds. They need triple negative points for non-participation. Two people have have attacked and there is only 24 hrs left and we are stuck in this bogus "war". We need an opt out button and these clubs need to be made to sit one out, or lose more points. I don't know the best answer, admittedly, but this is a joke. This is probably the 5th war we have had like this.
Message 61 of 145 (1,905 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I, too, am losing interest in Club Wars and in paying for card packs, largely due to turtled teams and hard-to-achieve chests with thin rewards in them. 

A possible discouragement for turtling under shields would be, at the beginning of the Club War, very slowly drain team ranking for time spent under shields. As the time left in the War shortens, drain ranking for being under shields even faster. And/or decrease the shielded player's points, which would have a similar effect on the whole team.

And yes, increasing the points needed to get personal chests made putting in the effort much less worthwhile. 

Message 62 of 145 (1,839 Views)

★ Apprentice

umbrella: 5 mins, vampire: 30 mins.

and can't activate any booster

P.S. EA please, make shields time limited!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 63 of 145 (1,792 Views)

★ Apprentice

It would be nice if EA would acknowwledge the booster problem, and provide a timeframe for repair. A lot of our club members spent real money on this game and would like to enjoy it.

Message 64 of 145 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Something needs to be done about teams just sitting under shields.

Or, instead of calling it SimCity WAR, called it SimCity Battle, because these are short battles, not wars.  In our last half dozen wars, it's decided within a half day, sometimes even sooner.  One team just attacks with more people, gets the lead, and once they themselves are attacked enough to be all shielded, THEY SIT!  They do NOTHING for the next 24 hours.

So, if this happens, give the losing team the option to FORFEIT, or SURRENDER.  

For those that say EA is letting people stay shielded so that they can sell simcash for real money to buy better cards, my argument is, what about players that already have level 10 cards?  There's no incentive to buy anything.  It become a game of strategy.  Except, it really isn't.  It's more about what team has the most active players.  Really, that's it.  If you face a team and they have 90% players active and you have 80%, and everything else is equal, you're going to lose.  Players know that once they have the lead and are shielded, they can just sit.

I do like some of the suggestions.  Lose rank or stars for sitting under shield.  That's the best solution really, because the only real reward for winning is getting to the next level with stars, or moving up the ranks.  

Believe it or not, there are some players that actually play this game mainly for the war aspect.  They really don't care about the chests unless it helps them with the war.  

But the wars are getting boring because of the shield issue.

Message 65 of 145 (1,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

There is quite an easy way around it... Funny so few can see it right in front of them...

We beat a team of 19 2 times.  We have 10.  Getting a good lead and staying shielded is the only way we will win.

There is a way to not keep a team shielded.  Called use your brain, and find a different way.

not saying it will work every time, but there is only one reason a full team gets shielded... 

Message 66 of 145 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Guide

Also... You can't make the other team play... even if you leave them unbubbled... lol

I know there is a lot of knowledge here... i will wait to see if some of it comes true... as i can see it... 

Message 67 of 145 (1,599 Views)

★ Expert

I have some exciting insight for you...10 solid coordinated players can easily defeat a 19 man team, but it’s not easy. Our club only had 8 active members participating in the war games and we went 15 - 3 and never hid in a bubble...it was always 8 vs. 15 to 24. We always found a way to be competitive and held our own in every war. Collectively we would never consider hiding, not in our DNA. Teams like yours are quickly killing interest in the war games and it needs to be addressed immediately. May I ask a question, do you really think you’ve won anything? You deny your club members war items and additional chests and I’m sure they are bored silly like everyone else is...maybe this is why the farmers come to play - the harvest is abundant as nobody else comes out of hiding. My friend Roccodonovan gave you some excellent advice that you should pay close attention to. My wish for all turtle teams is that you only draw each other in all future wars. 

Message 68 of 145 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's been the farmers that make us stay bubbled as we know we CAN'T make up the losses.   To be able to kick during war would help,  we should have some control over it, other than taking people's word they will help.

Feel like when you beat a team by 15k, it's over as it is,  sure earn cards if they come at all at the end, and need 30 to 60.  How many wars do you need to do to get anything worth while?   Keep attacking?  How?  Build stuff for 4 hours for one piece of 6 to attack again?   

Sometimes bubbling is to save time we all don't have to make what the game wants,   it's  not me that is the problem.  I liked the one guys idea of a surrender button.   Crush win, move on.   

If it didn't take so long to get things, while waitng to be attacked, it be easier to keepmcrushing an already crushed team.   Maybe teams have terrible strategy, and need to work on that to keep games closer and more interesting

A crushed team continues fighting to get cards.   

Notice most top 3000 teams are all in winterlands.  What is keeping them from  moving up?   

Also, tell me how many points teams want to be beat by?  10k 20k 30k?   You seem to know it will, you must have an answer?.

Message 69 of 145 (1,567 Views)

★★★ Guide

Personally I think ea likes the bubble method.   They make everything slow, or you have to pay.  Why have bubbles at all?   Why not just full out war?

Whoever hits the most by the end wins?

Seems to be where you are going with it.  10 beats 19 is an issue too imo.

Why have 25?   Make them 15 max, move players around more?   More competitive that way right?  

So yea.  Teams need to buck up and take their own blame for their issues.   

Want to be a top team and compete by the rules... sometimes ya got to something opposing teams don't like.

I don't like it either, but accept it as part of the game.  

EA can fix a lot of things if they choose

Message 70 of 145 (1,551 Views)