Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

★ Apprentice

Wow. No response from EA at all!

I spend money on this game but this latest update touted as making war more “fun” is a fox in disguise. It’s a money generator for EA passing as a good thing for the players. If it wasn’t money grabbing they would not have decreased rewards in any way.

That being said our problem with the game now, since the lag seems to have been fixed without ANY communication from EA is as follows:

1) decreasing prizes is TERRIBLE!   Should have started minimum prize with original (3 platinum keys).

2) Chests way too expensive. 18,000 for first gold chest verses 12,000. Why not just add more chests: Bronze, silver, gold, platinum.

3) no site to explain and give ALL info on changes, like how much each chest cost. I only got to 3rd silver chest so only know what first gold chest requires not 2nd and 3rd. Why not a help page will all war facts like prizes etc

4) in general I wish EA had an official site with game info like maximum numbers of tokens needed to generate a token, maximum boosts information.

5) This is SimCityBuildIt, not SimCityWar. When will EA do something to help land maxed players? Allow us to bulldoze any omega item we want? Improve ability to rearrange city when space not available. I can store boosts but not other items. I’m sure there’s a fix for this.

I have spent more money than I’d like to admit on this game but EA is ruining it for me. So this cash cow is done. I will invest minimal $ on this game.

Message 21 of 145 (2,472 Views)

★ Guide
Couldn't agree more with you @mountainvision

The new update is really frustrating and for me and my guys there is no reason any more to play wars with that rewards.
18k for a golden chest where you might get simoleons or golden keys - no thanks!

I spent HUNDREDS of Euros for war packages, but after this update I won't spend any more cent until EA starts to listen to us.

(Disappointed) GermanMayor
Message 22 of 145 (2,457 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And the award for most incompetent, apathetic and useless community engagement goes to....EA !!!!

Message 23 of 145 (2,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Yeah, I agree that this is Simcity Buildit, not Simcity War. Club wars is a great addition to boost interactivity of the game. But the latest update requires us to heavily invest in wars and getting less rewards at that! Please note that we play Simcity Buildit in the first place to build cities, not playing war games.

And I like the idea about adding Platinum war chest. If EA only changes the goal post for gold chests, it is still quite acceptable, but to change it for silver chests is way too much. If EA thinks that this is going to push us to spend real money, well, it is not going to work on me. With cheaters and feeders (I had just fought another feeder team—tell tale sign: they have high war points but have lots of low level cities) around, I don’t see the point of upgrading my attacks since there is no way to win them unless my team put all our focus on it. In fact, at one point, I wanted to stop attacking when I got 6k because 12k for next SILVER chest, not even gold, seems too much of an effort.

In addition, one of my teammates told us that he didn’t get any rewards after war. What is this? All the efforts for absolutely nothing? I was feeling pretty bummed about getting far less rewards already. I can’t imagine how he felt to get NOTHING.

EA, do you have any plans to compensate us for terrible lags and glitches experienced earlier? One thing Niantic (developer of Pokémon Go) always do better than you is that they acknowledge the problems and give some freebies to us when they don’t deliver. Maybe it’s time to learn some PR skills from them. With all the money you have, I’m surprised that you couldn’t get better people to do planning and development.
Message 24 of 145 (2,421 Views)

★ Expert

Our club started our weekly war game on Thursday evening and I warned all about the issues that had occurred during the week. The game was a little sluggish Thursday night but by the start of war everything seemed normal. To the best of my knowledge everything went fine based on the feedback from our club and everyone received their chest (across the board we weren’t overly excited by the reduction of simcash). There are several good points and several not so good but all in all it appears to have leveled out after a very shaky start.

Message 25 of 145 (2,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I agree with most of the points mentioned until now.

However, having a look on the positive side of this update, here would be some points :

- the War store makes things a bit easier when you need one specific item. I had a hard time finding for example Hydrants in the past. In the last war we had, I bought 3 Hydrants via this store.

- the War money. Finally, specific currency to buy war items. I would like to find them though more often when repairing stuff and more often in the chests.

- I like energy booster concept, to help colleagues who have better resources.

What could be better:

- creating a specific store for war items

- Prizes were low before, now are even lower, for the amount of time and energy spent in a war. 20 Simcash for 2nd Arena , that's really nothing. You can earn this same amount during a day randomly via chests or presents. The same for platinum keys. EA should something into this direction. You can earn more stuff by CoM in this case.

Message 26 of 145 (2,331 Views)

★ Apprentice

One more question: 

Does anyone know if War starts automatically now?

Our last war was not initiated by anyone , or at least we haven't seen the usual message in the Chat window :D

Message 27 of 145 (2,328 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

First of all - thanks for letting us know about the lag/latency issues you were experiencing. As EA_Jason said in the specific thread for the issue, it should be fixed now, and I hope you are playing as usual. Please, use this thread if you want to keep talking about that issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Support/Latest-war-update-massive-lag-issues/m-p/6712134#M...

Thanks for your feedback so far - I will go through your posts now, just wanted to write to thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think Standard smile

@roraly - the start of wars should work as usual: President, Vice President or Senior needs to initiate it.

-Mai
Message 28 of 145 (2,312 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
EA_Mai the idea is cool but could you able to have arenas as skins and get the war reward based on Elo points? Other than that, the game lags a lot during war now and could you keep the rewards the same as were before(3 Platinum Keys, 30 SimCash and 3 Cheetah Tokens) at least for Mountainous Mayhem and so? Also want to point out that when you got all the way into the corner by the NeoMall, there is this black spot. I don't if you fixed it already but it is really annoying. I am using an Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 Inch 2016.
Message 29 of 145 (2,287 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@J6niceL yes. I had the same issue too. I had won 3 bronze chests and 2 sliver chests and did not get them. I called @EA and they did nothing. They said I will get them in a other war. It really made me upset and I was thinking of uninstalling SimCity BuildIt
Message 30 of 145 (2,281 Views)