Re: Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

by Cateyezs

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I’m now thinking of writing to EA to raise the limit of the number of players in a club required to play club wars. Current limit is 10, which is too far off from the maximum of 25. It is obvious that a ten men team is going to win, for sure, over a larger team at higher leagues. The boosts in Savannah, such as duds and jackpots, actually exacerbate the shield problem. Basically, other boosts are pretty useless when dud and jackpot are unlocked.

I know the shield problem is not going to resolved, but perhaps EA can do the minimum to at least raise the limit to alleviate this issue?

Out of top 20 clubs, only 4 has 15 or more members, and none has more than 20 members. Isn’t it telling that the secret to winning is having a small team?

Need inputs on whether this will work and if there are other advantages to it.

Message 131 of 145 (1,828 Views)

★★★★ Guide

EA, please don't allow any players to carry war items from one club to another. The war items should not only be related to a player but also be related to a club. When a player leave a club he will lose all of his war items. When the player goes back to the club he will get his war items back. This will prevent players for playing in a second club, only to get war items for hundreds of magnetism attacks. This is not fair to a serious playing club.

Message 132 of 145 (1,685 Views)

★★ Guide

I don’t think it is fair to deny individuals of the war stuff they earn in club when they exit the club. There are times where member are ejected out due to a variety of reasons, why should they lose all war stuff they earned?

In fact, given that cheaters are everywhere at top 1000, getting war stuff from second club is the least of the problems. Players can easily use the clone program to get gazillions of war stuff. So if you think your problem can be solved with your idea, think again. Wait till you meet the cheater teams, you realize some things can’t be solved with ideas until EA decides to actively crush the cheaters.

Anyway, I kind of like fighting the cheaters now. If EA loves having cheaters around, I learn to get the most out of them. Of course, we are not going to spend anymore on this game. There is no point to. Spend or not, the outcome is the same, unless you start cheating.

Message 133 of 145 (1,515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I myself love club wars...But there are some issues... ..First it takes a long time for the energy second the first time you buy items in the war store good prices...then prices go up too high to fast if you need extra .... my main issue is My club has a problem with other clubs Hiding behind there sheilds it takes away from everything that the game stands for and I think that is a bunch of * EA please put a time limit on the shield or at least disqualify the club or clubs that Participate in that... No club should be allowed to hide under the shield the remainder of the wars games that is not fair to everybody else My clubs had to wait close to 10 hours because the other club stayed behind there sheild until the war was over .. this is unacceptable ... I enjoy the wars it makes Simsbuildit more fun...can you . make a booster that we can use to destroy the shield... or at least put a time limit on how long a city can be under a shield ...But something has to be done and soon..EA... please fix this....

Message 134 of 145 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Using the strategy of hiding behind shield while regaining energy is acceptable. Hiding for 30+ hours is just ridiculous! We fight back to back wars, and over the past 2 weeks straight, I've only encountered one team willing to fight till the end. I think after X amount of time under shield it should force a forfeit and regardless of points, the other team gets the goodies.
Message 135 of 145 (1,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem with teams hiding behind the shield is one that has been confronting our team lately. We have a large team and when we oppose a smaller team they have been jumping ahead then hiding under a shield for the remainder of the war. A change to war playing is needed. 

We have several suggestions:

1. Limit the length of time a City is able to be continuously shielded. Example could be 25 to 50 percent of the total length of the war. 

2. When matching teams for a war pair them not only based on team points but also team size. If this is done at least at the lower levels, 1 through 5, it would make the games much more competitive. 

Message 136 of 145 (988 Views)

★ Guide

With four new attacks the war store, personal chests, and purchase packs need an adjustment.  Magnetism remains the most efficient attack, so the availability of its cards (and other older cards) is essential to development.  The problem is these new attacks will displace what could have been Magnetism cards providing a legacy advantage to older players / penalty to new players.  That’s bad for the long term health of any game.  Simple solutions might include increasing the number of cards dropped in personal chests by about 25%, for war store either add a 4th slot or decrease the refresh timer, and add a few more cards to each premium pack.

Message 137 of 145 (946 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've tried to post on this thread multiple times and my reply appears at first then disappears as soon as I refresh the page. Anyone got any ideas what the issue is? Is this thread closed?
Message 138 of 145 (755 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Maybe it's too long.  Let's try it like this...

I'm president of a mid-level club (savannah arena) that plays for fun before a win so please consider my comments from that perspective.  I don't really care what happens in the top arena, though I'm sure others do.  Either way I don't need to explain how tedious it has become fighting teams that go under bubbles and sit it out.  What I don't understand is why EA don't fix it.  So, whatever good it may do, here's my suggestion:

• Once a city is under a shield/bubble repairs become automatic.  Let's say you play in arena 3 and have 12 damaged buildings and for each one you repair you get a reward.  But if you as mayor do not repair them, your citizens will do it themselves.  So every 30 minutes (this can vary by arena) one building will be repaired whether you like it or not.  If you repair it yourself you get the reward and the clock is reset back to 30mins.  If it's repaired automatically you lose that reward. After a maximum of 6 hours all are repaired and you exit the shield bubble whether by choice or not and are back in play in the war.
Message 139 of 145 (748 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This will not only make it impossible to hide indefinitely, but will encourage more active participation (i.e. spending money EA... take note!) for a number of reasons:
• You'll have to repair damage reasonably quickly to get all the rewards.
• Or you just don't get 'bubbled' at all (there wouldn't be a 30min clock until you're under that shield) by repairing before shield is activated.
• It removes some of the power club presidents have over members to make them follow their rules and tell them how and when they are allowed to play under threat of expulsion, which I find appalling.  We are all independent players with our own cities and nobody should be at the mercy of another player. 
• It will allow you to see a city repairing over time and know when you can hit it.  This encourages a player to 'self repair' and come out sooner to surprise the opposition.
• It would eliminate the repairing of all but one damaged building so as to gain all (but one) of the rewards since repairing all but one building would mean you'd be out of your shield in 30mins.
• If you choose to wait out the 6 hours you still have that option and can either forfeit the rewards or try to repair one every 29 mins and still get the rewards while you build up your stock of war items, energy etc., or take time out to sleep, work etc.
• It will make the game more open and fair and ensure that there are regular targets available to hit, at least until the final few hours of the war.  Battling (not hiding) is after all, the point of the wars, isn't it?  
Message 140 of 145 (743 Views)