Re: Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

by Lauden9310

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

You can't compare a club whos members have level 10 magnetism to a club without those members and bring this as an argument against shielding. These clubs has always better winning chances, with or without shielding.

Message 121 of 145 (1,377 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think that if you put all your opponents under a shield, you should automatically win that war. That way you can start a new war against an active opponent. 

If there are not changes soon, I am going to quit playing and find a game that is more interesting.

Message 122 of 145 (1,379 Views)

★ Guide

The number of cards that can be gained (expensively) via credit card so vastly outnumber anyone’s ability to gain cards via actually playing war it all breaks down to three choices:

1. Don’t war, or pick a super casual club which won’t be interesting, filled with inactive or incapable members.
  2. Spend literally hundreds of dollars, or better yet thousands, in which case you can compete but by purchasing the ‘I win’ button there’s now no point in playing.
  3. Try to compete, but expect to be useless against opposing cities who outspent you, or be sidelined while your team mates, who spent more, get all the fight time - because your attacks are too feeble and will net a points loss.  Enjoy 35 hours of watching from under your dome while your lower level club mates do everything because they spent (a lot) more.  If you come out they lose; you get booted.  Fun for no one.

I’ve been playing Buildit since launch, have a massive city with a high war level, and would like war to be competitive.  I WANT to play your game, I want it to be viable for me and you (EA) so am happy to spend ~$15 a month on it, but that’s not good enough for you.  I’m literally looking at a $500 bill in order to continue play at the level of competition I’d like to - have the time and knowledge to - only there’s absolutely no chance I’ll do this.  I’m not talking a top club even, you start to see this issue entering the top 1000, and we get apps all the time sick of encountering clubs who make large purchases mandatory for membership.

Most developers recognize nearly everything should be achievable in game via time and effort (the cake), offer limited affordable methods with the intent they work like a standard subscription meant for mass consumption (the frosting), and finally have expensive premium options for a little extra boost (cherry on top).  A. Little. Extra.  War here abandons that philosophy entirely, and just goes straight for a heavy cash grab, making ones competition level depend not on time, effort, knowledge, or skill, but purely on money spent (the cake is a lie).

Message 123 of 145 (1,237 Views)

★★ Guide

@NerfProbe

I agree that EA tilts the advantage way too much towards players who slapped wads of money onto their faces. To make things worse, cheaters have even bigger advantage over legit players due to the high levels of magnetism they get through hacks, eg, simcash hack to buy cards from war store.

And with this ridiculous shield system in place, the odds of winning are further pushed towards the big spenders and cheaters.

One thing I like about CoM is that it is possible to win top prizes without spending lots of money or cheating. Sadly, club wars is totally the opposite of this. I just have this feeling that we are just fodders for big spenders and cheaters to whack.

So far, it’s disappointment after disappointment with regards to the progress of club wars. I even lose hope that EA will fix the shield problem!

Message 124 of 145 (1,208 Views)

★★ Guide

And what are the chances of getting disaster cards over keys, war currency, boosts, etc? I am curious.

Is it 50/50? It is kind of ridiculous that more often than not, we keep getting those miscellaneous stuff instead of war cards. One of my teammates get only keys, war currency and boosts in his 6 chests after scoring 16k!

While I like getting war currency from repairs, getting it in war chests is quite a downer. Makes the hard work put in worth nothing.

Why can’t EA adjust the chances to get disaster cards to a slightly higher bar? It will motivate players to participate more actively since the goal of reaching level 10 for disasters will seem more attainable. Perhaps, more will be willing to spend just to push themselves nearer to that goal. For now, I refuse to buy more war packs because the goal seems too far away. And it doesn’t help that I keep getting useless tentacles cards from war packs.

Yes, the randomness of the cards in war packs is another big reason I stop buying them. I like to get the value for my money when I buy something, but war packs doesn’t give what I want when I pay money for them.

Message 125 of 145 (1,179 Views)

★ Novice

Good idea

Message 126 of 145 (1,108 Views)

★★ Guide

Am in a4 now we lost 2 wars first one our apponents had good attack I have then lvl 9 magnetism but could not match my apponents lvl 10s so got defeated then our next war we where winning and opponents stayed in the shield until they where all ready they came out while I was asleep, but the others of my members came on and one of them use a comic hand to bubble instead of a 1000 plus overkill lost us points and the war. Our apponents took advantage of that mistake stayed in the bubble to the end of war. I not booted him as I think he might have panic but not talked in club and giving him a second chance another mistake or maybe it was not he be booted after one more war. But some of my friends and none friends in the fan group says I should not give him any more chances but to boot straight away. As he be a  A liability to our winning the war 

Message 127 of 145 (902 Views)

★★ Guide

shield problem the ones that use  the shield strategy to stay hiding if they get bubbled they ahead our club has manage to prevent that accept in our last war when one of my members used a comic hand to bubble instead of an overkill so we lost the war then 😡

Message 128 of 145 (899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is ridiculous that once you get into the top 300, about every other war is some club that has hacked and/or botted their club up to slaughter everyone. Unlimited magnetism supplies, boosts, etc. Every single move you make is automatically countered within seconds.

EAs inability to control this blatant hacking is ruining the fun of this game. I have reported clubs for this with no consequence.

EA...what are you doing to ensure the customers that are actually playing the game you designed and are paying money legitimately are having a fair and fun game environment? Oh, that's right. Nothing. What good is naughty island if you only send 10% of hackers there? 

Message 129 of 145 (861 Views)

★★ Guide

@Lauden9310

It’s not only the top 300 spots that are occupied by cheaters. In fact, cheaters are in abundance in top 1000. We encountered a string of cheaters when we were in top 1000. Finally managed to fight a legit team when out of top 1000. Got into top 1000 after that and fought a cheater team again. So with that new features added, we had decided to go easy on wars by fighting only once a week instead of twice. This way, we stay out of top 1000 and frankly speaking, wars are a lot less fun now anyway, with all the cheaters spawning everywhere.

And we are not that interested in leveling up our disasters anymore since getting into Savannah makes it so much harder to do so. First silver chest is received at 6k score, second one is at 12k and third one is at 24k. And with cheaters showing off their level 9, 10 magnets (not all players who have high level magnets are cheaters, but most cheaters have high level magnets), we just lose the intetest in leveling up anymore.

So yeah, EA, you officially ruin the wars for us. We are now shifting our focus back to expanding our lands. At least, we do not have to deal with cheaters on that.

Message 130 of 145 (837 Views)