Re: Cheating in COM

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

Cheating in COM

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been in megalopolis league for past three weeks (i.e. this is third week). The same guy has won the previous two weeks with 150k+ points (thats doable but..).

But..

This week he was nowhere for the past 3 days - 9th placed guy was at 65k so he was probably lower than him when I took screenshot knowing someone's gonna come from behind at the end having seen the same for the past 2 COMs. I was at top with 91k.

Suddenly approx 10 (could be less) hrs later he is at top with 102k points.

Meaning he did the entire "less than 65k" to "102k" in less than 10 hrs? Is it doable and in such short time??

Shouldn't there be a limit on daily tasks (like 15 or so max for first three days and 30 max for last day in COM?)

He's gonna win this week as well. Meh.

Message 1 of 7 (1,111 Views)

★ Expert

@ShaMo046  I understand your frustration and certainly sympathize with you...sadly I‘ve seen a lot more points put up in a shorter time frame (mainly by cheating). Contingent to the level you’re participating in 50k (just for conversation) is feasible, but it’s not simple and takes commitment from a legitimate player. I can’t say they are or they’re not in this example, it’s borderline...but that makes it no less disappointing.
As far as limiting how many points you can put up in a day, I’m not really in favor of that. I have a friend who can only play on weekends due to his work schedule and personal commitments that averages around 80k a week...he has no feeders and doesn’t use any cheats and recognizes his score will never win - but that 80k goes a long way toward his club winning the epic chest. I would hate to see folks like that penalized for someone cheating.
The only suggestion I can offer is run a snapshot each day before you call it a night...if you see a lot of movement while playing quickly start documenting it as well. I wish you good luck in next week’s contest.

Message 2 of 7 (1,064 Views)

★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley I have screenshots of one player doing 160-175k in one h when there's about 15h left of contest. Reported about a month ago. Still we are in the same contest and he does the same everytime.

At least I have won him every time but others are losing their prices. His club has other obvious cheaters but nothing has been done.
Message 3 of 7 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@PinnacleValley Many thanks for the reply you posted.

Surely it wouldn't be appropriate to penalise legitimate players.

The guy won this week's COM as well with 154k points, 2nd place had 118745, I finished third with 118000.

He reached there even when the two of us were at 105-106k range following each other.

The gap between 1st and 2nd doesn't make it a contest as well, I know the 2nd guy was also playing hard since start of COM.

Maybe COM players should not only be grouped based on level but amount of simcash a player has as well which is a big decider when it comes to time consuming tasks like producing sports shoes etc.

I know it's too much to ask for a game.

Will try this week as well, knowing someones just gonna come from behind and get the 1st prize.

Anyway many thanks for the Good luck, wish you the same Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (1,001 Views)

★ Expert

@Penakyna  Sorry the cheaters have made it to level 99...glad you were able to stay ahead. I see it every week (not to this extreme) and honestly it makes you wonder if anyone is paying attention or for that matter cares. EA should clearly know how long it takes (best case) to complete an assignment and how many points can be scored within a given time frame and direct their focus to addressing those factors by setting in game play parameters and deal with those infractions immediately. Yes there are several variables to consider, but it’s not rocket science...it’s past time for them to simply step up and take control of the situation.

Message 5 of 7 (979 Views)

★ Expert

@ShaMo046 I’m sorry it turned out the way but congratulations on the outstanding effort. Based on the information you shared a few minutes ago it appears likely they were cheating. I’ve seen it almost every week this year and it’s getting very old. One player was at 154k midway through the 2nd day only to be caught by 2 other cheaters this morning...the assessment is not based on their scores but based on the time frame to achieve it which really tells the true tale. I wish you good luck in this week’s contest.

Message 6 of 7 (971 Views)

★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley Apparently the one doing what I described in my previous post isn't cheating. We were just changed to another groups but there he still is in someones group.

There's over month I reported him with screenshots showing he made at least 100k in one h. After that reported in every com.

There's other issues that I'm bit worried. EA can't wash their hands from what their support is saying and there's huge controversy I'm what's said and done.

It seems one can do anything if he's also using real money to the game.
Message 7 of 7 (861 Views)