Cargo Ship Dock

by sakrist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cargo Ship Dock

★★ Novice

What is for "Cargo Ship Dock"?

I cost 10k. And no info what the benefits it for me...

Does anybody can say something about it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15 (135,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cargo Ship Dock

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
I just started using it today. The way it works is as follows:

The ship arrives at dock and you can load it with goods that are needed at a certain location. It seems the value you get for the items you sell is better than what you get at Global HQ. It gives you time to produce the goods if you don't have them made already. (it gave me 11 hours)

After the ship leaves you get a key. If you click on the dock again it tells you how long before it comes back (5 hours in my case) and what items it will be looking to pick up, although it doesnt specify how many.

That's it in a nutshell. Im currently at level 10 so I don't know if those numbers I gave will change as you level up.

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (142,991 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
When ships arrive you fill them with cargo for coins and golden keys.
Message 2 of 15 (134,846 Views)

I'll definitely use the cargo transport, because it's important for each city.. ^^
I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 3 of 15 (134,819 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for answering. Hope it's a huge amount of money because I am always low in money! Just 6 hours to have my harbour completed!

Message 4 of 15 (134,736 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So.....how much money? You've had it a few days now. How does it work? Quantity or quality, etc.?
Message 5 of 15 (134,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
I just started using it today. The way it works is as follows:

The ship arrives at dock and you can load it with goods that are needed at a certain location. It seems the value you get for the items you sell is better than what you get at Global HQ. It gives you time to produce the goods if you don't have them made already. (it gave me 11 hours)

After the ship leaves you get a key. If you click on the dock again it tells you how long before it comes back (5 hours in my case) and what items it will be looking to pick up, although it doesnt specify how many.

That's it in a nutshell. Im currently at level 10 so I don't know if those numbers I gave will change as you level up.
Message 6 of 15 (142,992 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Awesome, MXP. Thanks for the great explanation. Time to spend that 10k.
Message 7 of 15 (134,039 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And so far the item count is really low, (like 2 or 3 items to fill a pack) so you could get a gold key every 6 hours without much trouble, (immeditately fill and wait 6 hours for the next one). Just set a 6 hour timer.

Message 8 of 15 (134,004 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Once you unlock the Disaster building, the cargo dock becomes less important; I find that the prices gives for loading the items on the ship are less than I can sell for in global, and you will need many of the same items to rebuild the buildings destroyed in the Disaster missions. You also get a lot more keys from the Disaster missions, and you can start a new one as soon as you finish rebuilding the buildings destroyed in the last mission. 

However it is still well worth the $10,000 investment if you aren't agressively selling in the global market, or if you are camping at a level below 90,000 population and want to get the education or trasnportation buildings. They offer a big boost in population, and the gold kay you get from each cargo ship filled will be needed to purrchase schools or transport buildings.

Message 9 of 15 (132,935 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The coins you get from the Cargo Ship are pretty irrelevant. It's the Golden Keys that's the reason.

How many items in general do you need to complete a Disaster Mission?

Message 10 of 15 (132,914 Views)