Cannot finish Wave Simoleon quest during Contest of Mayors.

by Niedzi

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cannot finish Wave Simoleon quest during Contest of Mayors.

★★★★ Apprentice

Well hello there! Standard smile 

During my last Contest of Mayors I had to earn a specific amount of wave simoleons. I did get some at the benot get any offers to be able to finish my quest... I waited for hours!! :'(

Anyone an idea what I did wrong?

Message 1 of 3 (3,317 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot finish Wave Simoleon quest during Contest of Mayors.

★ Pro

Hi @Niedzi  , these tasks are annoying until you understand how they work, then they are a quick way to get points.

some tips that work pretty well for me:

1. Before accepting the task, be sure you have the items to get the regional currency, try to look at the numbers that appear (in the offers that come out of the buildings), i don't have Sunny Isles, but I think they work almost the same. I have Limestone, and the offer is almost always like this: 1 Fan ---> 40 or 50 limestone simoleons. so, if the mission asks me to get 250 limestone coins, then i need 6 fans in my storage.

Is the same with the fish soup in Frosty, 1 soup --> 40 Fin Simoleons. 

2. Before accepting the task, be sure you have a good offer in your city to start.

3. Sell All fish, cans, coconuts, silks, etc... if you have at least 1 coconut, probably you wait like 10 minutes to receive a offer just to sell 1 coconut, this is silly and it takes time, If at the time of accepting the task, you do not have coconuts or fish in your storage, this offer will not appear. In my case, i sell all except the fans, so, i only gets offer about sell fans.

4. Fill your storage to the fullest... if you have a lot of space, you will not receive any offers, this happened to me, i have a lot of fans, like 20, but never received any offer. My storage have 350 space and i was having 270 items, 270/350. When having so much space unoccupied these offers do not appear. So, you can buy a lot of items, or just produce a lot of metal to fill your city storage... in this case having 345/350 is acceptable to make those offers appear a lot. If you started the task and changed a large number of items for region coins, then quickly fill that space again with other items, so that offers will continue to appear without stopping. It will take about 10-15 minutes to appear another offer.

I hope this helps you!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,292 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Hi @Niedzi  , these tasks are annoying until you understand how they work, then they are a quick way to get points.

some tips that work pretty well for me:

1. Before accepting the task, be sure you have the items to get the regional currency, try to look at the numbers that appear (in the offers that come out of the buildings), i don't have Sunny Isles, but I think they work almost the same. I have Limestone, and the offer is almost always like this: 1 Fan ---> 40 or 50 limestone simoleons. so, if the mission asks me to get 250 limestone coins, then i need 6 fans in my storage.

Is the same with the fish soup in Frosty, 1 soup --> 40 Fin Simoleons. 

2. Before accepting the task, be sure you have a good offer in your city to start.

3. Sell All fish, cans, coconuts, silks, etc... if you have at least 1 coconut, probably you wait like 10 minutes to receive a offer just to sell 1 coconut, this is silly and it takes time, If at the time of accepting the task, you do not have coconuts or fish in your storage, this offer will not appear. In my case, i sell all except the fans, so, i only gets offer about sell fans.

4. Fill your storage to the fullest... if you have a lot of space, you will not receive any offers, this happened to me, i have a lot of fans, like 20, but never received any offer. My storage have 350 space and i was having 270 items, 270/350. When having so much space unoccupied these offers do not appear. So, you can buy a lot of items, or just produce a lot of metal to fill your city storage... in this case having 345/350 is acceptable to make those offers appear a lot. If you started the task and changed a large number of items for region coins, then quickly fill that space again with other items, so that offers will continue to appear without stopping. It will take about 10-15 minutes to appear another offer.

I hope this helps you!

Message 2 of 3 (3,293 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
WoW such a comprehensive response and this is so helpful in the game in general. I honestly did not expect such a good answer! Thank you very much @BlazinsZ. Much appreciated!
Message 3 of 3 (3,240 Views)