Re: Can't get happiness higher than 99%.

by jeffsplat

Original Post

Can't get happiness higher than 99%.

★★★ Newbie
Please help! All of my buildings/people are green. Everyone has all the necessities. Yet my city won't go up last 99%. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Message 1 of 28 (15,114 Views)

★ Guide

My population stays around 98% to 99% as well, I think it might have to do with some buildings not being close enough to parks. I can't say for sure though.

Message 2 of 28 (15,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I checked all of that. All buildings are covered by parks, transportation, education, etc. I can't figure it out.
Message 3 of 28 (15,061 Views)

★ Guide

Are any of them near pollution zones?

Message 4 of 28 (15,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nope.
Message 5 of 28 (15,052 Views)

★ Guide

Well there's definitely an outlier somewhere, see if you can find one building that's somehow different than the others. If all of your buildings have access to parks, check to see if there are any roads that are yellow or red, that might have an effect (red definitely does, I'm not sure about yellow).

I can't see your city, so unfortunately that's all I can suggest.

Message 6 of 28 (15,049 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've had my city at 100%, but since the update it's been sitting at 99%. I don't really know why I dropped 1%, or why I can't seem to get it back up to 100%, and  honestly I am not obsessing about it. Whether your happiness is at 99% or 100%, you stay in the 20% tax bracket. So don't freak out about 1%. 

Message 7 of 28 (15,045 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

the game gives you more pop up rewards like dozer parts and storage parts when your happiness is at !00%.  I've noticed.  Everyday I have a road that needs upgrading so I can never stay at 100% more than 24 hours.   Sometimes a building will look like it's covered by a park but it's really not, so add more parks or move some buildings around....that was my issue

Message 8 of 28 (14,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Check your parks...its always that one that slips through the cracks that lowers that point.

Message 9 of 28 (14,952 Views)

★★ Novice
The only pop boost that is needed for 100% is parks, but you need 100% coverage.
Also any pollution items will give negative, also storage even though it does not pollute it will cause negative happiness.
Also make sure you don't have more than one building that is a completely new build as having too many will affect happiness.
Also check total qty of building and then check in achievements on park coverage to make sure they are the same.
99% of the time will be a missing park.
Message 10 of 28 (14,913 Views)