CLUB WARS: Why does a 12 hour cool down period exist?

by never2old2game

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CLUB WARS: Why does a 12 hour cool down period exist?

Champion (Retired)

I'm wondering why in Club Wars, a 12 hour cool down period is in place for mayors who choose to remain in a single club? Is it to promote mixing and mingling and meeting new mayor's by moving from club to club in order to avoid the cool down period? It most certainly puts mayor's loyal to one club, especially Club Presidents, at a disadvantage in CoM. Is there anyway the 12 hour cool down could be eliminated to equalize the playing field?

Message 1 of 6 (722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CLUB WARS: Why does a 12 hour cool down period exist?

★ Expert

@never2old2game Simple solution...remove all war assignments from CoM. Never belonged there in the first place...2 completely separate contests and should be treated as such. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (628 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

I like the idea of removing the 12 hours cool down (I wish lightning war event is more often!). Or set the cool down for each players not clubs, so you can’t switch around clubs to avoid 12 hours cool down for non-stop war. Like you have to skip a war if you join a club right after you finished one. 

Though the reason some mayors hop around clubs isn't just to avoid cool down. They own sister clubs in lower arena or lower A6 for feeding wars/house wars so they can keep their main’s ELO.

Wish there’s no 12 hours cool down but those feeding wars/house wars problem won’t be solved by removing cool down IMO. 

Message 2 of 6 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SummitVista3310 

Feeding wars/house wars and keeping ELOs low are related issues, but separate in that those issues really only concern war oriented clubs.

What I'm trying to address here is CoM specific.

The current 12 hour cool down period gives mayors who change clubs frequently the advantage of completing more high point scoring war assignments during CoM than those mayors who stay in a single club.

I suggest the 12 hour cool down either be eliminated or apply to all mayors.

Thanks for your response.

Message 3 of 6 (680 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ohh I’ve never thought about mayors who switch clubs for war CoM tasks. Very true, if you are at war all the time you can always do war tasks which is a huge advantage in CoM. 

To make the CoM fair, remove the 12h interval or set 12h interval for each player. And if a club do war once a week or don’t do war at all, that’s what they decided but we all should have the ability to have the same amount of wars. 

Message 4 of 6 (662 Views)

★ Guide

My personal thought is that it is to keep the causal gamer invested without burning them out with constant wars. Keep them engaged to maybe spend a little coin...$$$

Message 5 of 6 (638 Views)

★ Expert

@never2old2game Simple solution...remove all war assignments from CoM. Never belonged there in the first place...2 completely separate contests and should be treated as such. 

Message 6 of 6 (629 Views)