Avenue vs Boulevard

by MayorOfZanapolis

Original Post

Avenue vs Boulevard

★★★ Newbie

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's asked this question, but here goes. Why is it that the Boulevard, which has four lanes and looks kind of drab to me, an upgrade over the Avenue, which has six lanes and looks awesome with the grass and palm trees in the middle? 

I get to Level 27 and the very first thing that happens is, Sims leave one of my buildings because of a "traffic jam". So I "upgraded", if you can call it that, the Avenue to a Boulevard expecting maybe either eight lanes or still six lanes but somehow even more beautiful. 

What I saw made my mind go a little loopy. Four lanes, no palm trees, and wondering what the development team was doing that day. How is this an upgrade? How is four lanes an upgrade from six lanes and palm trees? And then it's also uglier too. It's just...ugh.

The roads in this game are the worst of all the SimCity games I've played. They're expensive to upgrade and have no monetary value (they don't make you money), but you're constantly under threat of Sims being unhappy if they're not fixed (or in this case ruined). And the "upgrade" from Avenue to Boulevard is the biggest mind freak of all. 

Message 1 of 1 (394 Views)