Re: Autumn-Update 7 September- vu’s random generator

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

View in thread

Message 5 of 17 (8,306 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

And it’s completely worthless when you do buy it. It doesn’t give any benefit for your 2000 credits, in fact it’s worse because it’s slower as you can’t upgrade the building. So now I can build a backpack in 2 hours in my base store, or 2 and a half hours in my “Vu generator”. Same required items, slower time, still have to pay to add more slots. Literally zero benefit, unless you happen to have 11 backpacks (or whatever it is you’re building in the base store) being built, and for some reason need to build even more at the same time. This is a horrible addition, and to sneakily add it to the stores where everything else is free, is really sleazy. 

Save your cash, don’t buy this. Really wish I could get mine back. 

Message 2 of 17 (8,787 Views)

★ Guide

Well it won’t be the first time EA have screwed over their loyal customers and no doubt it won’t be the last. We ought to know better than to fall for stuff like this by now.

Message 3 of 17 (8,728 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, word is traveling quick on our team. One player fell for it, but we are making sure our chat screen stays updated so other members do not fall for EA's wicked thievery. 

Message 4 of 17 (8,539 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 5 of 17 (8,307 Views)

VU generator

★★★ Novice

I’m my factory list I see a new factory (or so it seems). It’s been a while since we had a new temporary factory so I was eager to put it in my city.

I tapped once on it and what just happened????? I just spend 2000 simcash, which is €25,00 or almost $30 on some VU generator. Where is the warning “you’re about to purchase bladiebla are you sure?” Nowhere!

I just spend all this money on a building that I don’t even want to use after seeing what it does. I have no need for another factory to build me chairs and other unwanted products. I have cheeta coins for that and don’t need this building. 

By placing the building where it was at is MISLEADING and then you don’t get a warning your about to make a huge purchase???? This is not right you guys. It really is not. I’ve filed a complaint and the answer is, sorry but you’re not getting back your money. I’ve been playing this game since 2016 and have spent a to. Of money on this game. I feel EA is starting to take advantage of their customers and I’m so over it. 

Is EA going to do something about this situation or shall I just uninstall the game and advise my friends to do the same?

Message 6 of 17 (7,405 Views)

Re: VU generator

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 7 of 17 (7,348 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m new so I think I accidentally tapped the wrong button ( I thought I was liking your comment but don’t know what I did) but do you have a link to your post so I can comment there as well? We need to find a way to file a complaint with everyone together because this situation is unacceptable .

Message 8 of 17 (7,338 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Message 9 of 17 (7,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

I posted this exact same issue and I’m livid. EA replies with a response that basically says sorry but not sorry, you ain’t getting your money back.

Do these guys even read the comments here? Is it legal to sell items like this without a purchase warning so you can back out of a purchase? My irritation level with this game has become so high that I’m in battle mode and I want to take legal action. Just don’t know how to do it. I of course asked EA how to file a legal complaint and they never responded to my message.

Message 10 of 17 (7,654 Views)