Re: Are you serious? Upgrade a disaster, task for COM? EA what is wrong with you

by Supbigdummy

Original Post

Re: Are you serious? Upgrade a disaster, task for COM? EA what is wrong with you

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even being a somewhat frequent War player, I'd still take the 'Earn Regional Simoleons' tasks over War tasks any day.

Simply because the Regional Simoleons tasks are doable at any time (just gotta plan ahead and produce or stockpile items to trigger advisor offers / build and demolish regional buildings / complete regional deliveries / upgrade regional zones). You have multiple avenues to earn the required Regional Simoloens.

Whereas War tasks are very time-sensitive. If you happen to get those whilst your club is in cooldown between Wars, you're basically screwed. Either waste 2 days sitting on it, or cancel and be at a disadvantage in your maximum points potential.

Message 21 of 28 (1,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Invisiblez9 I understand and agree with what you're saying - it's why I'm on the fence about new tasks.

But regional sim tasks are broken: the time and effort effort required is ridiculous - especially compared to tasks for earning normal or omega sims (where at the most basic level all that's required is to collect taxes or neosims; ie merely a matter of time). There is no such mechanic in place for regional sims, and CoM tasks to do them were constantly in my list, often for 2-3 regions at a time, to the point where they were always an auto-skip for me.

So I'd rather take a chance on a quick war task or other new task - at least I have a chance at getting a task that doesn't require such staggering, time-consuming effort, and I can always skip the ones that aren't reasonably doable or during war cooldown.

Message 22 of 28 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is crazy. In my group we have three mayors who do CoM almost exclusively. They score 2/3 of our CoM weekly points and they get rewards for couple attacks in war. We also have two mayors who do war almost exclusively. Therefore we schedule war around their time. It is a perfect relationship. EA just destroyed it. This doesn't take into consideration the impossibility of some of the war tasks but for us to make this work we would have to be at war 3x weekly or basically the whole week minus cool down. Two wars would be for CoM mayors who Don't Like To War and then we could have our normal war for the rest of the club. 

I could go on for another ten paragraphs on how wrong this update is but whatever. I feel bad for people who bought the mayors pass first season was impossible because of points now they make it impossible because of war.

This cant be said enough CoM and War are two separate aspects of the game and should not be intertwined in any other way then it was. EA if it is not broken dont fix it.

Have fun build big 

Message 23 of 28 (1,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed an annoying trend.

When you're not doing Wars, the War assignments keep coming up. But when you're actually in the middle of a War, the War assignments dry up.

At the back end of last week, I was at 52 out of 60 assignments in Mega when my club's War started. So I did two War assignments that had been on my list for no. 53 and 54. And absolutely no more War assignments appeared after that. Not for the remaining 6 assignments, nor for the 14 golden tickets I used. (and I even deliberately picked existing assignments over the newest golden ticket assignment, to try break the A-B-A-B pattern) 

Same thing with this week's COM. On my starting list were 3 war assignments. My club planned our War to start around the same time, so I was able to quickly do 2 of those 3 initial War tasks. 14 assignments later and no other War assignments have popped up since.

Now, it could be just random coincidence on my side. But knowing how this game is designed to frustrate, I have a feeling there's something intentionally written into the code.

I am pretty sure that once my current War ends, a 'Launch 1 Legendary Disaster' for 3,000 points will immediately pop up.

Message 24 of 28 (1,159 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They can't even be honest with us now.That so-called technical blip with regional exports was a lie.They really just needed to disable it so that they could remove its tasks from COM.Why lie? Just be honest and show some respect to your players.

I agree with everyone else's sentiments about this new update.But I no longer play this game as much as I did.My club have started losing wars on purpose to make sure we remain in competitive arenas and really only using wars for COM.

About 50% of my club are even active at the moment.

Message 25 of 28 (1,109 Views)

★★ Guide
@Invisiblez9
I think you're right. I've had a similar experience now two weeks in a row where only 2 war assignments popped up while we were at war (Thurs AM - Sat AM) but the moment our war was over, I noticed more war tasks kept coming. I just finished all regular tasks (no GTs) in Metro League and there were 5 war tasks out of 12 (I did an "easy" upgrade disaster, so now it's 4).

I swear, if you ignore war tasks, they just keep coming until you have well more than 50% of your task list filled with them. I've seen pics of 7 to 9 of 12 assignments in a list as war tasks by other players. This isn't "random." This is quite clearly intentionally written game code, so EA can miss me with the "it's randomly generated" nonsense.

I like war, but I don't want to be at war nonstop (which is pretty much the requirement with all these CoM tasks, since the Contest lasts for 5 days - 7 if you are doing MPass) and I can clearly see the push toward BUYING SimCash to complete these tasks. I am not a F2P player, so I don't appreciate the extra squeeze I'm feeling all for the sake of EA's attempt to get non-paying players to open their wallets. This sort of behavior has only made me tighter with my own wallet and start looking for tips and tricks to get things done without paying to win. Trust me, working on my patience quotient has been hard, but I feel like I have to limit what I'm spending on this game as EA continues to get greedier and greedier.

Clearly, with all the complaints we have about these changes, they're not giving players something of enough value for us to be okay with the "ask". This isn't a give-and-take situation. EA is simply taking. Make more legitimate value (as determined by your player base) and more of us will gladly open our wallets. Keep trying to sucker us into spending, and all they'll do is make the F2P crowd dig their heels in even more (or stop playing, as there was never a monetary investment in the first place) and cause paying players to reevaluate our choices in life (i.e. spending on their game).
Message 26 of 28 (1,066 Views)

★ Pro

@PinnacleValley wrote:

Blazin, you make many valid points that I’m in full agreement with. Only exception I have is when you offered they must have been planning and testing for months...I recognize you are being kind and giving the benefit of the doubt which I respect greatly, but we’re talking SimCity Buildit. 

It's a sad thing that this was true, LOL, @PinnacleValley  I had my hopes, but you were right, i unlocked the new buster disaster, and now it turns out that I can't do deliveries due to an error, and I need to wait for EA to fix that error.  certainly they didn't test anything, and launched the update on air hoping it won't explode, but explode everytime. 

Message 27 of 28 (1,006 Views)

★ Expert

I hate it too...now there are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and .... 

Message 28 of 28 (981 Views)