Are you serious? Upgrade a disaster, task for COM? EA what is wrong with you?

by BlazinsZ

Original Post

Are you serious? Upgrade a disaster, task for COM? EA what is wrong with you?

★ Pro

Do we have to explain how long does it take ( even months) to improve one disaster? just one task for a week? OMG 

Who is driving this game right now? i'm extremely worried

I can't believe this, seriously, I'm speechless.

Message 1 of 28 (4,484 Views)

Re: Are you serious? Upgrade a disaster, task for COM? EA what is wrong with you

★ Guide

And there is more. I have one assignment to use a jackpot booster in war and another one to collect a bronze chest. My club does not have enough members to take part in wars so how are we supposed to do these assignments. In my opinion war tasks should be completely removed from COM.

Message 2 of 28 (4,425 Views)

Re: Are you serious? Upgrade a disaster, task for COM? EA what is wrong with you

★ Expert

Hi Blazin & Mahler - I’m with you completely...it’s bad enough to deal with 20% of CoM assignments being linked to war every week and as of this moment 40% of the challenges are...it’s absolutely ridiculous. CoM is a completely separate contest from the war games. It bad enough that it’s overwhelmed by hackers and cheaters but at least you could work as a collective team and pursue the legendary chest. Now EA forces you to participate in these hacker and coward filled war games if you wish to be competitive in CoM on the club level...what genius came up with this plan?

Message 3 of 28 (4,395 Views)

★ Guide

And now it is not only war. In addition to the 3 war assignments that I can’t do I now have one to expand a beach area. All well and good if you have any beach left to expand!

Message 4 of 28 (4,386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry EA I'm out. With this kind of COM task you have lost me and I will not buy a premium pass anymore. Continue in this way and you can play the whole game by yourself.

Message 5 of 28 (4,326 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Gonna take a break from seriously competing in COM for a few weeks and just do a few doable tasks here and there.

As I don’t forsee myself collecting much points, there’s no incentive to buy the Mayor’s Pass either. 

Message 6 of 28 (4,270 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.

There are so many new tasks that are potentially impossible for some players.

I have seen so far:

-expand city area (land, beach etc)

-upgrade a hot spot

-launch a rare war attack

-launch a legendary war attack

-upgrade a war disaster

-launch 'this' war attack, varies in quantity and type

So there are a 'few' non war related tasks, but if you want to complete the high point tasks it is now impossible not to be at war when playing CoM.

They added some tasks like these when war's were new, then quickly removed them.... lets hope they do the same this time!

Message 7 of 28 (4,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

This game is suffering a great contradiction, it's like is having two ideas at the same time, probably It probably has two departments that work on the game, and want different destinations for the game. 

How is it possible that when you go to find a club to join, you have the option to filter the search '' clubs only for Contest of Mayors '' or '' Clubs actives in war '' , and when you create a club, you can put an option to clarify the kind of players you looking for your club like to emphasize a priority '' Contest'' for that club. The game is what gives you this option!!!  but then you enter the contest and it turns out that it is mandatory to participate in wars? Seriously what bipolarity is this? 

But yes is not only the fact that is uncomfortable receiving these tasks when you are only a COM player, the big problem is that it is Impossible to accomplish, so even being a war player, you are having a bad time. 

If you want to upgrade a disaster, you need like 120 cards or more (that is my case for example), and even putting money in this game, you can't upgrade that, because you need to wait for the store, there is no place in the game where you can buy 400 cards to improve a disaster, you can only buy 5 cards for legendary, and for common 30 i think, even if you leave your club and rotate in Arenas, you can't still reach that quantity, this is assuming you want to spend more than 2000 cash just to improve a random disaster that is currently in your store (the common one, will be much more expensive if it is rare or legendary) just to complete a task in COM.

This is stupid

Do you want me to be honest? when I saw the news of the new attack that eliminates the shields, I had hope, I thought '' well at least they are listening and doing something with all the complaints about teams hiding in a shield, who knows if it is very good, they must have planned it a lot for months and have done many tests before deciding to place it''  

Now i see these new tasks, I understand that the person or department that is working on these new updates knows nothing about the game, they have no idea what it means to improve a war disaster, they have no idea how difficult it is to improve a beach area and get 6 items of each, they know absolutely nothing, and so I am extremely worried about this new attack, if it has been created by the same people who have designed these tasks, seriously, I don't think it's anything good

---

Blazin

Message 8 of 28 (4,225 Views)

★ Expert

Blazin, you make many valid points that I’m in full agreement with. Only exception I have is when you offered they must have been planning and testing for months...I recognize you are being kind and giving the benefit of the doubt which I respect greatly, but we’re talking SimCity Buildit. There has not been a successful launch or implementation since prior to the war games, everyone has been introduced with significant issues that had to be corrected on the fly, regions was a disaster, the latest reset on storage following the CoM contest was vintage, and now what this post is focused on with the latest CoM - kind of hard to be enthusiastic. I believe a marketing group got together to brainstorm how to make more money and in the spirit of regions decided to take the complaints of thousands concerning their programming or game planning glitch and introduce a new weapon and make money in the process rather than simply fix their issue. I really hope it works...good luck my friend.

Message 9 of 28 (4,202 Views)

★ Guide

Current COM is a complete and utter shambles. The whole thing should be suspended until it is sorted out. Any one who has spent real cash on the game should be reimbursed in full and compensation in the form of sim cash should be paid to anyone affected by this farce.

this is another example to prove that any so called improvements to the game are purely profit motivated and the people who design them have no idea how to play the game.

Message 10 of 28 (4,188 Views)