Re: Advert rewards fixed

by CrazyFingers67

Original Post

Advert rewards fixed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I've been playing since early January and have enjoyed the game (which surprised me considering how much I normally hate timer based games but I digress).

One thing that irked me no end is how the advert reward is fixed. By fixed, I mean it's never, ever either of the two options that are shown to you before you watch the advert. Ever. It's always the unknown one. 100% of the time. So, it's essentially a random and unknown reward every time. Despite the rather disingenuous attempt of teasing you with "look what you could have won!" after you get given 1 simcash for giving your time to watch an advert.

I still watch them. That random item can be useful. It's still a guaranteed method to get about 10 simcash, one of a vu item, a gold key and a couple special items and a couple other items per day.

But what's the reason for pretending it's a game of chance, where you might win an item you saw? It's not. And, if this design is deliberate then it's a bit cynical; you're lured into watching the video with items you might really want. When the only time you'll get that item is if the hidden option just happens to be that same item.

Is it working as intended? If it is, do you do it because people are generally blind and don't notice patterns and will happily swallow the sales pitch and think "oh darnit, missed the item I wanted again! Better luck next time!"

Just seems a bit counterintuitive. If you want people to provide you with advertising revenue then reward them for it. Preferably with a set reward that they get to choose (choose 5 simcash, 1x golden key or 1x random special item, for example).

Our time is precious. Whilst adverts are completely optional (good), you're not really treating those of us willing to part with our time to watch them with a great deal of respect (bad).

PS I buy IAP, as well as watch adverts. This game is fun enough to deserve it.
Message 1 of 3 (801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I see the question about advert rewards numerous times but cannot seem to find an answer.

I have tried starting a new game, changing my age, restarting the iPad.

Nothing works and they have just disappeared.

As annoying as they are, the rewards are what allowed me to grow and expand my city.

I am not interested in Dr Vu reigning death and destruction on my neighbours.  There is already too much of that in the real world.

I therefore cannot expand and will have to leave Sim City which I have ben playing in various forms for almost 20 years.

Please offer a solution or it will be goodnight from me.

Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My ads/rewards disappeared briefly while I had other issues going on. After an update on "Chrome" and fixing a problem with"Play Store", the ads returned. It may have been coincidence? It seems to me that whoever runs the ads, maybe Playstore has the most to gain from the ads since there mainly running game ads. Just a guess tho.

Message 3 of 3 (361 Views)