SimCity Build Update 1.5 is now live!

by AmelieEA

Original Post

SimCity Build Update 1.5 is now live!

Community Manager (retired)

Greetings Mayors,

We hope you’re working hard to keep your population growing, your citizens happy and your city functioning. That is what's needed to build a great city after all - unless you ask Dr. Vu.

We are constantly working to make SimCity BuildIt a continued enjoyable experience, and Update 1.5 is now live on Android and iOS, containing the following fixes and changes:

• Fixed an issue where the game crashed as soon as it was connected to a Game Center account with over 100 friends 
  • Fixed a rare bug where service buildings stopped working properly
  • Fixed a bug where the “Upgrade buildings” – bubble was sometimes visible to friends who were visiting the city
  • Fixed an issue where the device system language for Hong Kong Traditional Chinese and Tagalog was picked up incorrectly. 
  • Improved memory optimization on both iOS and Android

Happy building, Mayors!

Message 1 of 61 (32,646 Views)

Re: SimCity Build Update 1.5 is now live!

★★★ Novice
Fix the Global Trade HQ!!!
Players can't buy anything 99% of the time!
Message 2 of 61 (31,598 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello EA Team!
It is very nice to hear that you are fixed some bugs.
I have ask to you. Please consider change the Global Trade buying model.
There is no possibilities to buy something, because there's so many people.
The idea of shelf with a few products for million users game it is not the best option.
Always when I click on product to buy then I see message "Something goes wrong" or product simple disappeared. It is very annoying.

Make stock exchange or something with product list with possibilities to filtered by type.

Regards, Jarek

Message 3 of 61 (31,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I too have thought the Stock Exchange could benefit from a "search for item" feature or more reliable "find and pay solution". I doubt we will ever see any change with it though. Why? Becuase it goes against the nature of "Freemium Apps". How so? If you REALLY want to update/upgrade your city EA is hoping that you will give up on patience and elect to spend some of your hard earned real money. They have already given you a quality game; albeit one that we wish had some better features.

Naturally we want to play at our own pace and we easily get annoyed when others hold back our progress; this is especially true when progress is limited by game developer design.  It seems almost crafty. Because it is by design and therefore the nature of what "Freemium Apps" are, I doubt we will see any change to the existing Stock Exchange.

I don't say this to support EA's model. But it is the best answer I can come up with whether it be with this Freemium App or any other. EA if I am wrong then we all look forward to your reply.

Message 4 of 61 (31,062 Views)

★★ Novice

so, this is reason of annoyng market experiences?

If this is the reason, how can be explain that no one buy product (advertised) in my market?

Message 5 of 61 (30,712 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Where is the patch for the bugged specialty coverage? This update is useless for me.
Message 6 of 61 (30,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree! This is such a pain. As soon as you go to buy something it's no longer available.

Message 7 of 61 (29,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i agree!

Message 8 of 61 (29,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks EA!

We are all looking forward to the next level of updates too!

Maybe if you were able to suggest what might come out in the next level of updates, people would stop nagging (Do you know we aren't happy with the Global Trade HQ? I bet you do but maybe 17,000 more posts should be made about it.)

However, some people will just never recognize sarcasm.

Or know the meaning of the word 'overkill'.

Message 9 of 61 (29,470 Views)

★ Novice
Yes!!! Fix Global Trade HQ! Can't buy anything there.
Message 10 of 61 (29,060 Views)