Re: why did you, take the original version, of SimCity away ?

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

why did you, take the original version, of SimCity away ?

★★★ Newbie

I have talked to so many people, from EA, in reguards to the futuristic, components, added to the Original version of SimCity.  And had I known, in advance, that you could not return, to the Original version, after purchasing, the Expansion Pack, I never would have purchased it. And I cannot just reload it from a disc, as I have in the past, and just wait for the updates, to come through, because this computer, does not have a disc player.  I have gone as far, as having EA delete, all my games in my library, which I know that one of them, was installed by disc, and I downoaded another digital copy, hoping I would recieve, the Original version back, with no such luck.  I can see, how the futuristic components, benefit, the kids playing it, however, I am here, to say, that we, are not all kids playing it. I love playing the Original version, why couldn't you have 2 separate game versions, and let us choose, which one, we wanted to play ?

Pamela Marquis             [edit: email address removed]      pamelamarquis

Message 1 of 2 (445 Views)

Re: why did you, take the original version, of SimCity away ?

Hero (Retired)

@pamelamarquis - The best way to play just the base game, is to not use any of the futuristic items from the DLC. This would include any ploppables with the blue hexagon background (such as parks and water towers) and anything in the City Specializations that have to do with the Academy or OmegaCo. As long as you don't use anything with the blue hexagon background, you won't get any futurization in any of your cities.

If you really want the Cities of Tomorrow items gone, you will need to contact Customer Service to see if they can help. You can contact EA Help at this link: https://help.ea.com/   Log in at the top right, and choose your country from the drop-down box. Choose "Manage my account" and "Manage account details". This will get you to the appropriate contact options to request that they remove the Deluxe or Complete Edition of SimCity and activate the Base Game. Be aware that when you want to play the full game, you will need to contact them again and ask for the switch to be reversed.

I don't know for certain why they chose to make Cities of Tomorrow an expansion of the base game instead of an add-on, but they did. I suspect it has to do with the integration of the items across all facets of the game. But, as said early, if you don't want the futurization - don't use any of the futurized components and you'll be fine.

Message 2 of 2 (422 Views)