Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: why are buildings out of money when I have 5000 unfilled jobs?

by jacobarch

Original Post

why are buildings out of money when i have 5000 unfilled jobs?

★★★★ Novice

I give you that it is pretty realistic considering the problem with working poor no being able to afford rent in real life.  But seriously where are those agents losing their money ? I dont have gambling in my region. And after i demolish the abandoned buildings i get a message about worker shortage. it is frustrating. Land value is also not the problem.

Message 1 of 11 (415 Views)

Re: why are buildings out of money when i have 5000 unfilled jobs?

★★★★ Novice

I think this is a larger issue that Maxis is having trouble with. I still have these issues with my commercial buildings. http://imgur.com/CT2GYSI "Sales to tourists are strong!" at the same time "No shoppers!". I feel your pain bro but at lease the Homeless people are manageable now, I have had <10 homeless for 4 in game years!

Message 2 of 11 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know, I have this issue too. Do you have high tech industry? It might be because you have an uneducated work force.

Message 3 of 11 (396 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@epicnick121 wrote:

I think this is a larger issue that Maxis is having trouble with. I still have these issues with my commercial buildings. http://imgur.com/CT2GYSI "Sales to tourists are strong!" at the same time "No shoppers!". I feel your pain bro but at lease the Homeless people are manageable now, I have had <10 homeless for 4 in game years!

That's mainly because Maxis' testing involves going

"Hmm, I wonder what happens when I change this?"........."Well, it seems to work. Lets just mark it done and fix the next thing" with all the skill, grace and coordination of a brain damaged chimp

Message 4 of 11 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@syllafu wrote:

@epicnick121 wrote:

That's mainly because Maxis' testing involves going

"Hmm, I wonder what happens when I change this?"........."Well, it seems to work. Lets just mark it done and fix the next thing" with all the skill, grace and coordination of a brain damaged chimp

That made me laugh.

Message 5 of 11 (384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have approx. 4200 students and all are enrolled. I built my public transportation system around the university.

Message 6 of 11 (363 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is a well known bug that This "Out of money" bug is due to Sims getting stuck at home and not going to work, therefore running out of money> unfilled jobs> no customers> abandoned buildings! On top of this, the latest update gave a time frame in which after bulldozing a building, you have to now have to wait a while before the sims will return and rebuild on that area! This just adds more frustration to the problem! This "Out of Money" is a well known Progression Stopping Bug and it blows my mind that this has not been fixed yet!! Please Maxis/EA fix this bug so I can go back to playing the game!!!! These add-ons are not masking the issue that this is a broken game!

Here is a link to another post that a person assessed the the "out of money" bug. If the post sounds like the same issue, please click on the "ME TOO" button so EA will hopefully recognize that is is a major issue:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/An-Observation-I-Made/m-p/1079880#U1079880

Message 7 of 11 (336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Posted about it a while ago: link

And not just that, there is quiet some data that is totaly garbage. All since patch 3.0. Universities, crime, jobs, tourists, medical care, all bug enormously in some cities. EA is not commenting on it either.

I also noticed that certain 'exotic' road patterns can drive the simulation even more nuts.

Message 8 of 11 (320 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too, it's rather upsetting.

Message 9 of 11 (283 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

It's also why Maxis / EA wont post on these type of threads. Because they have no idea how to fix it. Arg. 

Message 10 of 11 (275 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help