tree problem

by ralphwong825

Original Post

tree problem

★★★ Novice

is that a bug or any problem there ?

i l've planted trees many times and try to made a forest or big park, but evan i click many and many time still only  got 1 or 2 tree,sometimes even nothing !!!

dam...i click $5000 still only have 6 tree.....i want a forest ......any one can help me here please

Message 1 of 12 (2,005 Views)

Re: tree problem

★★★★★ Apprentice

Are you talking about a clear unoccupied area or are you trying to plant next to and around buildings?

I plant a lot of trees especially around my industrial zoned areas I have also run into times when there is a open space that you think should except a tree but it won't because it is actually an occupied space. Buildings and even trees themselves have a space requirement so your not going to be able to plant a forest within those areas its only going to fit a couple of trees in where it can.

Message 2 of 12 (1,992 Views)

★ Pro

Yes I concur with the last guy.  You can't plop trees in zoned/occupied land.  I can plop trees in the middle of nowhere however without problem.

The city council can't just come along and plop a tree in your backyard, how rude.

Message 3 of 12 (1,986 Views)

★★★ Novice

no...i just  try to plant in the big open area,in fact i try it once again to open a new city to test to plant tree,but no metter how i try ,thost tree just dont come up,and i was search on google and youtube there is a video show how to plant and remov trees.and my trees definitely not that result.in that video he just 1 click thost trees grow up more than me 10 click.and my game version is Digital Deluxe is it will have any difference???

--> tree video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmi67pMXgM0

-->my tree test video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrF0FC2H1lo&feature=youtu.be

Message 4 of 12 (1,966 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I see what your saying, can you try and slow down it looks like your moving your mouse really fast. Keep it in the "Same" spot and click once for a couple of trees, click again in the "Same" spot for more trees click one more time for more trees in the "same" spot than move to your next. This might be the problem I can't quite tell but you were moving really fast while trying to plant.

Message 5 of 12 (1,963 Views)

★★ Novice

I've planted many trees and built small forests, but I noted that even if you cannot plant where you want trees; it still costs you like some were planted.

I also noticed that after an hour or two (game time) most of the trees disappeared. Just like the money I gifted from another city did.

Message 6 of 12 (1,956 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Your trees will disappear due to pollution(air,ground) that is the main reason for planting them in industrial areas because they eat the pollution but die in the process so they will have to be replanted numerous times to keep your pollution under control or to keep trees in polluted areas. I have never had my planted trees die in non-polluted areas.

Message 7 of 12 (1,952 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After some digging I found more people with your same concern. One gentleman had fixed it after changing his graphic settings to a higher level.

This might be your problem, anyways check out the thread here;  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/SimCity-Trees-Don-t-Plop-Forests/m-p/859304/highlight/...

Please let us know if this works or what you find.

Message 8 of 12 (1,946 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Alright, I was able to duplicate your exact problem shown in the video you posted. Its definitely a graphics problem your having.

Go to "Options" in the upper right hand corner of your Simcity in game menu. Scroll up to "Settings" then scroll down to "Geometry"

Geometry needs to be at least on a setting of Medium to view forests.

When I reduced it to Low I duplicated your exact same results with only a couple of trees showing no matter how many clicks I gave it.

When I Set it to Medium or High I was able to see planted forest. I tried every combination in the graphics settings the "Geometry" setting was the only one that affected the number of trees viewed after planting.

To sum it up you need to have a graphics card capable of medium on the geometry setting to view planted forest.

Please check this out and tag this solved if it helps you so other players will know.

Message 9 of 12 (1,936 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you all ,the problem is solve

when I change the resolution everything back to normal

thank you u guys again

Message 10 of 12 (1,918 Views)