Re: train station bug ongoing 2021

by EA_Kent

Original Post

train station bug ongoing 2021

★★ Novice

when will Sim city be updated to fix the multiple train station bug. its been 8 years since the bug was reported. I asked tech support today and they state thank you for reporting the bug and to wait for updates. well its been 8 years since people had reported this bug with it seems no fix. I paid for sim city 4 and trashed it as it was traffic bugged. I paid for sim city so I could finally play. both were in my opinion unplayable as I was unable to advance. once again I ask when will sim city be updated so that everybody that paid for the game can actually play it, hey you have been selling it since 2013.

Message 1 of 3 (1,000 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bez185 - SimCity 5 (2013) is a legacy game that is no longer actively supported. The last patch issued was in Dec 2014, and the dev team was dissolved shortly afterwards. Unfortunately, we players are stuck with any bugs that were not resolved by then. It's unfortunate and frustrating for us players that experience one of the major bugs, but at least we have this player forum to help each other find workarounds. On the positive side, EA still maintains the servers for multiplayer use and most - not all - of the bugs have workarounds or at least some way to play around the bug. 

As you've found in other threads, there are a couple of workarounds for train stations not picking up commuters after you've built more than one. You can turn off the train station for a bit and then turn it back on; or quicker but more expensive solution would be to demolish the station and rebuild. You could also try saving and exiting the game when it starts happening, in order to reset them on reloading the city, but that doesn't always work. 

All of that being said, EA Help should not state that players should wait for game updates with SimCity. I will escalate that issue so hopefully others are not as frustrated in the future. Thank you for reporting your experience.

Message 2 of 3 (943 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bez185

Do you have a case number from when you were speaking with EA Help? If so, could you send it to me in a direct message? Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 3 (906 Views)