Re: the screen is all messed up

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

the screen is all messed up

★★★ Newbie

once the game loads finally after waiting for what seems like an eternity, my screen is all messed up. I have to click on objects above where they are. Its very weird. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, made sure I've completed all updates to my mac and the game and no success. The game takes forever to load, when it does its glitchy to say the least and I can't click on anything!!!!!! Please help if you are familiar with these issues or have an idea of what to do. 

Message 1 of 2 (428 Views)

Re: the screen is all messed up

Hero (Retired)

Hi @play79123 - Are you running Mojave on your Mac? It sounds like the issue in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mojave-Cursor-amp-Display-Resolution-Problems/m-p/7839105...

What has worked for most people is to set the resolution in Origin to match your screen resolution. 

Launch full screen forcing the display resolution via command lineIn Origin, right-click the SimCity icon and choose "Game Properties" > click the "Advanced Launch Options" tab > type "-r:1920x1080" (without the quotation marks) in the "Command Line Arguments" box. Match the resolution to the current display settings on your monitor, using the format "-r:HHHHxRRRR" For instance, -r:2560x1440  -r:1920x1080  -r:1600x900

So, if you have a 1080p HD monitor, use "-r:1920x1080" If it's an UltraHD monitor, use "-r:2560x1440" Let us know if this solves your issue

Message 2 of 2 (393 Views)