Re: simcity ground

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: Terrain Bug

★★ Novice

@jhmlv wrote:

radeon graphics card issue~

Try installing the driver to an earlier version!!

"non-whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.6.2-june13"

i solved this!!

Yes, It worked for me.

Thanks !

Message 21 of 48 (1,720 Views)

Re: Tremendous terrain issue persistant in all regions.

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with simcity. 
My computer: AMD radeon hd 7770
motherboard: msi nf 750-g55
etc
I installed non-whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.6.2-june13 and updated other driver 
And i noticed i have nvidia physx driver... i dont know why but i uninstalled it and simcity is working now

Message 22 of 48 (1,861 Views)

simcity ground

★★★ Newbie

Hello,
I have a problem with simcity.Everytime I start a new game (singleplayer or multiplayer) i start with map that has multiple holes with water and the Environment that is not on my map looks horrible.I tried uninstal and It didn't help.

Message 23 of 48 (1,631 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The newest Radeon graphic drivers are not working correctly with SimCity. The "fix" that seems to work is to install an older driver to use with SimCity. 

The last driver reported to fix it was non-whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.6.2-june13, that's obviously really old. You could try installing a stable one from last year to see if that fixes it. If you find a newer one that works well, report back so others can know what works.

(I know that installing an older driver is not an optimal solution. It's just that SimCity is an older game and EA is no longer issuing updates to it, so it will not be something they will fix. You could try seeing if AMD will do something to support SimCity and issue a fix for their newest cards and drivers.)

Message 24 of 48 (1,614 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

I've merged a few threads into this one, as all of them are talking about the same problem.

I have seen some of you asking, so in case there's any doubts, yes, this is something we were aware of (thanks for your reports!) and the team has been looking into. I know it's not the best solution, but my best advice right now is to use the drivers you know work with the game.

Older AMD drivers can be found here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 25 of 48 (1,439 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Thanks for the update, really great that the team is looking into these issues.

In case anyone is wondering, Radeon 17.6.2 and Nvidia 342.1 are both reported to work.
Message 26 of 48 (1,435 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @BlackjackWidow,

Thanks for adding the drivers version for those looking for them Standard smile

You mention NVIDIA as well, have you seen any reports of this issue with NVIDIA graphics cards?

Thanks!
-Mai
Message 27 of 48 (1,386 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @EA_Mai - have not heard of the same terrain issues with Nvidia cards as the Radeon cards, but some more random loading & rendering problems with people who do not have Radeon. I've suggested trying the earlier driver when nothing else works, but unfortunately, have no idea if any of my suggestions worked because there wasn't any further updates from the original posters.

I've suggested the driver I'm currently using (on an old Vista machine) as I know it works. Will be switching to a new PC with one of the newest Nvidia cards soon, will update you if I find any issues. 

Message 28 of 48 (1,353 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for the info, @BlackjackWidow.
Message 29 of 48 (1,276 Views)

EA Sims Team

We are working closely with AMD to resolve the issue which they are developing for a future driver update.

We don't have a release window that AMD plans to get the update out in so the only workaround is to do what @BlackjackWidow suggests until the new drivers are released.

Message 30 of 48 (1,174 Views)